How sensitive are you?

How sensitive are you?

• I'm stone cold. (Not at all)

Votes: 24 8.4%
  • That hurt me, but you wouldn't know it. (A little)

Votes: 113 39.5%
  • I'm sad and I show it. (Moderately)

Votes: 80 28.0%
  • I'm drowning in my tears right now. (Severely)

Votes: 69 24.1%

• Total voters
For me it depends on who it's coming from. If it's someone I'm close to, such as family or close friends, then I would find it hurtful. But it really depends on what's said too. I can't stand being patronised and I'm reflexively very defensive about that thanks to my dad, that's something that I respond to very quickly and very negatively, sometimes when the message wasn't even intended that way. Those things can set me off, but only if it's coming from someone that knows me personally, and those who do are probably used to it by now.

If it's someone I'm not familiar with then I don't really care. They don't know me so I don't see why I should waste my breath defending myself or retaliating, it's pointless.

I used to be a very sensitive person, as in you could tap me and I'd start crying. Of course this was only when I was in elementary school because I didn't have a lot of friends back then. I transfered schools in 6th grade, and I was able to meet a lot of awesome people and make friends who really cared about me. I've learned that I don't need to feel upset if someone who I don't care about is rude to me, I just shake it off and possibly laugh about it.

I voted for the second option from the top.

I'm quite sensitive, but whether or not I show it depends on my situation. If I'm comfortable around you, I'll cry over pretty much anything, where as with people I don't know or don't like, I can barely even be bothered to express positive emotions.

I'm a pretty sensitive person and I've gotten very good at knowing what I can and can't handle. If it's a situation/topic/etc that I know will upset me, I avoid it. Unless it's an important debate, etc. Then I can get my point across very well.

It doesn't help I'm very empathetic so other people's emotions tend to affect me very deeply. I'm more tough than I was as a kid, but still pretty soft.

A lot of things rustle my jimmies y'know but I keep it in. I don't like being involved in conflict, especially if I don't think it's necessary. I usually feel better after I write my feelings out in my own time. Sad things make me cry pretty easily tho.

Ah, I thought this was literally sensitive- I have sensory processing disorder so I am way way to sensitive to light/sound/touch/taste (it hurts if something has too much information for my brain to handle lol -ie a bright day? I can't go outside)

But emotionally? I'm solid as a rock baby! haha

if someone says anything bad about me i cry myself to sleep

im a rlly sensitive person ... i can get really heated, depressed, irritated, offended or the opposite such as excited or enlightened ovr the smallest things i normally try to keep it to myself though bc ik not everyone wants to know how happy i am to have eaten some tomato soup or an awesome dessert one day, or like how tee'd off i am at someone that didnt intend to offend at all, also i know i can be delusional bc of how anxious i get and how my mind jumps from one conclusion or possibility to another and always assume the worst so there is that :,)

one time i cried bc the first time i returned a book at the library as a college freshman here i asked "can i return this?" like. to b polite and state what id like to do in a nondemanding way and as i was walking away the person who took my book's coworker was like "no u have to keep it and pay the fee" all sarcastic , ugghhh i still gold a grudge LOL and even still a grudge against this white ho from pre-school who during nap time asked the teacher/caretaker/also her mother that she didnt want her sleeping mat next to me cuz i "looked gross" or was weird or something rlly dumb and rude and bratty, probably cuz i was a super shy kid who literally would huddle by the cubbies cuz i was so shy, OR bc i was mixed/not white? AND HER MOM ACTUALLY MOVED ME ACROSS THE ROOM LIKE???? BYE i still h8 dat b doe still h8 her

At times, I can be quite a sensitive person. I suppose I take things too personally but often I do ignore ridiculous comments because at the end of the day, I know that they're pointless. I have noticed that as I've gotten older, I'm caring much less about what others think of me. Of course, it's natural for me to still have insecurities. I am human (I think). However, I am all for jokes. If someone is joking around, I will likely laugh along unless it is towards or bothering anyone else. In which case, I will stop because I mean no harm to others at all.

When I was a kid, I remember being extremely sensitive and shy to the point of covering my face with my hands when people approached me. There is one moment that has stuck with me for what seems like forever, which was when I was in infants school during a maths lesson. For some reason, I wasn't concentrating nor looking at the board sat in front of us and the teacher called my name and said something on the lines of, "Nicole, will you look at me when I'm addressing to the class?"
Of course, I did as told and stared right into her eyes. At this age, I did not understand eye contact. After moments of looking at her in the eyes, she pointed out, "OK, you don't have to stare at me!"
At that moment, I just felt this rush of regret and sorrow. I did not mean any disrespect towards the teacher. All I remember her as is a witch. No understanding of children whatsoever.

I suppose I react differently depending on the situation but sometimes I can be deeply sensitive towards hate as well as being blatantly rude to me.

very, however it's never over some joke or something like a political disagreement

lol what the hell does this even MEAN??

Last edited:
I used to be the fourth option, but I got a tough skin. If you insult me, I probably won't feel hurt at the time, but later I feel a little bad.

I don't know, I wouldn't class myself as "sensitive" but I'm a very emotional person and I have trouble handling my emotions.

I don't know, I wouldn't class myself as "sensitive" but I'm a very emotional person and I have trouble handling my emotions.

Can't imagine esp if you play mafia and you're in a deep situation damn too pure

Unfortunately I am very sensitive and take things personally. I'm working on it

I'm very sensitive and I overthink a lot. I guess it's because I'm really empathetic and try to be mindful of other people's feelings, so when its not given in return, I can't help but wonder what I did, or sometimes I just worry too much about what other's think of me. I'm also a pisces so, the sign is known for being sensitive which is applicable to me.

Back