• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How sensitive are you?

How sensitive are you?

• I'm stone cold. (Not at all)

Votes: 24 8.4%
  • That hurt me, but you wouldn't know it. (A little)

Votes: 113 39.5%
  • I'm sad and I show it. (Moderately)

Votes: 80 28.0%
  • I'm drowning in my tears right now. (Severely)

Votes: 69 24.1%

• Total voters
I'm a very sensitive person and sometimes people put me down for it. Honestly though I don't think it's a bad quality to have. I mean yeah I get upset a lot, sometimes over little things, but I like being sensitive. Just because I'm a guy doesn't mean I can't be sensitive. I hate how guys are expected to be 'tough' and those who show sensitivity are "crybabies" or "pussies". Not everyone is the same. I also prefer to communicate with other people who are very sensitive. It's rather annoying for me to have to deal with people with no respect.

At the same time, I know people who are extremely sensitive, get hurt by any silly things, think the whole world is against them, yet they show no consideration for other people feeling.

For example: a relative who is always crying the lost of her son (more than 10 years ago) and plenty other things that are more or less dramatic. Losing a child is something very dramatic, so I don't judge her for that, but she doesn't care about other people at all. When my beloved cat ran away, she said "If I see him I'll shoot him, I hate cat", she didn't care about my feelings at all and how worried I was about that cat. It just a cat anyway, the fact it was important to me didn't matter for her.

I self bully all the time which makes me feel worthless so when people try to hurt my feelings I always find an excuse to make it seem like I deserve it and that it's all my fault. I don't know if it made me feel any less sensitive but it made me feel like a walking zombie. I planned to commit suicide last summer vacation but my school principal and one of the head teachers stopped me..

Last edited:
i try not to show it whenever i get hurt but i usually fail. when it comes to joking around and such, i don't normally get offended.
sometimes since i love to torture myself i'll honestly make it so damn obvious that i got my feelings hurt or whatever. this normally happens irl though like if my friends ditch me or something but it's a pretty rare occurrence for me to get upset over things in general (i suppose), it's way easier to conceal my hurt when i'm not around people since i'll probably lament on things for a little while before getting over it. but i'm not really an overly sensitive person.. this doesn't happen often where my feelings are hurt.

i mean i don't really think i'm that sensitive, i just have a bad habit of assuming things and then getting paranoid and then making myself worried for no reason, and then really just hurting myself

When it comes to strangers or acquaintances hurting my feelings, I try very hard to just shrug it off and move on. I don't like showing that I'm hurt, because usually, that's what they want me to feel and I just don't want to give them the satisfaction. However, I will get mad if somebody starts something with me that is rude. Rudeness doesn't make me sad, just angry, and I do retaliate. Actually, I really don't like showing anybody when I'm hurt. I feel like it makes me look weak, and most people don't care if my feelings are hurt anyway, so why let it be known? My boyfriend is really the only person who I show my true feelings to. I've just been this way forever, since my feelings have always been invalidated since I was a child. So, I guess my point is, I'm sensitive in terms of feeling hurt by insults or people/family/friends putting me down, but I don't ever want them to know how badly they effect me. Sorry about the ramblings! I know I could have gotten my point across in a more concise way.. but I'm tired :p

i never show my feelings unless it is really bad and i just cant hide it. i dislike showing emotion, it makes me feel ebarrassing, awkward and weak

I'm only sensitive to people who are genuine and makes me feel that they are sensitive enough . Otherwise, I just shrug those negative vibes off. They don't bother me for the most part and I usually don't care about what others think of me.

I bury everything down deep until I'm so full that something SO minuscule will set me over, which makes me look crazy. =D

i used to be really sensitive but ive learned that people are ****heads more often than not so why get bent out of shape? ****'em.

It depends on the situation tbh.

Who else feels the same tbh?

I get hurt sooo easily when it's someone who I care deeply about in my life that "hurt" me, but it also takes a long time for me to really get attached to someone like that so I'm unsure where I fall on the spectrum.

I get hurt sooo easily when it's someone who I care deeply about in my life that "hurt" me, but it also takes a long time for me to really get attached to someone like that so I'm unsure where I fall on the spectrum.

When someone is hurt more in their lives, they tend to get less hurt I've noticed.

If it's personal then definitely but I always try to 'play it off' like it didn't matter. Most of the time, I usually just ignore it, depending on the source of what could make me feel sensitive.

If it's personal then definitely but I always try to 'play it off' like it didn't matter. Most of the time, I usually just ignore it, depending on the source of what could make me feel sensitive.

A lot of people do that.

When someone is hurt more in their lives, they tend to get less hurt I've noticed.

Maybe it's because those people have had to learn to cope with it more?

Even when I do get hurt, I don't show it but on the inside I'm a blubbering mess lmao

Maybe it's because those people have had to learn to cope with it more?

Even when I do get hurt, I don't show it but on the inside I'm a blubbering mess lmao

Yes. I agree. People either learn to don't care or learn how to cope.

Not massively sensitive. It's not so much that my feelings get hurt or anything, it's more when I feel somebody is speaking down to me. I get quite sensitive over stuff like that and it's one thing guaranteed to get a reaction out of me. Hate being patronised or feeling like that's what's happening..

I'm reeeally sensitive and the smallest things that people do/say will hurt my feelings and make me cry, especially if it's from someone I care about. I try not to show it though (I wait until I'm alone to cry :p)

Last edited:
Tbh it depends on the situation.
I was like depressed all day because one of my friends was annoyed at me because I wouldn't stop talking about yuri on ice in the chat and my day was like a mess. If someone says I'm ugly and fat, no problem at all. I guess it also depends how close I am to the person.

- - - Post Merge - - -

But I always conceal my negative feelings because it's just natural to me.
Unless I can get some serious entertainment from it lol

Back