• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

How sensitive are you?

How sensitive are you?

• I'm stone cold. (Not at all)

Votes: 24 8.4%
  • That hurt me, but you wouldn't know it. (A little)

Votes: 113 39.5%
  • I'm sad and I show it. (Moderately)

Votes: 80 28.0%
  • I'm drowning in my tears right now. (Severely)

Votes: 69 24.1%

• Total voters

N a t

In the name of the Moon, Indeedaroo!
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Sheep Plush
Blue Star Fragment
The Bell Tree Fair 2020 Patch
Yellow Star Fragment
Sheep Plush
Pink Hybrid Rose
Blue Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Yellow Rose
White Rose
Sometimes people just stop for a second and think about things, and one of the things I thought about today, is how sensitive people either are or aren't. So many people seem very emotionally sensitive, but there are also a ton of people who seem to have no conscience whatsoever. I feel like I rarely meet anyone who is a happy medium. Forgive me if my poll choices are not broad enough, but how sensitive do you think you are?

I for one, think I am a very sensitive person, who can get my feelings hurt rather easily. However, I don't share how I feel when I'm actively hurt. But there are also many times, where I have no conscience whatsoever. I don't share the same amount of empathy or pity that many people do. People don't like me as much for that reason, but I don't like other people very much either... I can be very selective about these things. I don't want you all to think that I really dislike anyone here though, despite what I previously said. Dealing with people on the internet is much different than dealing with people in real life, for me, and I happen to enjoy interacting with all of you here. I hated just about everyone I knew from school though... :rolleyes:

Feel free to share on your thoughts, opinions, and feelings as I have. Please be respectful if you wish to discuss. I don't know how active I will be throughout the thread, since I will also be playing Skyrim :lemon:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sorry, the poll just became available :T

Hurting my feelings is nearly impossible because I just don't care all that much. You could call me every swear there is and I'd just laugh. I tend to bottle things up and put up a relaxed front so if you want me mad it'll take a long time

I don't care if what I do hurts other peoples' feelings because I'm just going through life living as I see fit. If someone disagrees with me, that's their problem. However I'll keep stuff to myself if I know it'll start something because I'm lazy and want to avoid conflict. If I see something stupid I'll just laugh to myself and move on. No reason to get so riled up

Hurting my feelings is nearly impossible because I just don't care all that much. You could call me every swear there is and I'd just laugh. I tend to bottle things up and put up a relaxed front so if you want me mad it'll take a long time

I don't care if what I do hurts other peoples' feelings because I'm just going through life living as I see fit. If someone disagrees with me, that's their problem. However I'll keep stuff to myself if I know it'll start something because I'm lazy and want to avoid conflict. If I see something stupid I'll just laugh to myself and move on. No reason to get so riled up

I also very much dislike conflict. I like to try and maintain a relaxed lifestyle, as much as I can, and if I want excitement I certainly don't want it in the form of a fight or argument. I wish my mother was more like that. She often ends up starting arguments and making enemies...

You'll know when I get genuinely upset.

Voted the third one for accuracy but was tempted to vote the fourth one because it's funny how you put it.

As for the topic in question... I have my ups and downs.

I guess I react differently depending on the situation. At work, I try not to take anything personally, because it's work. But in my personal life I'm incredibly emotionally sensitive. I can get my feelings hurt pretty easily. I also like you @Petey hate confrontation and conflict, it really drains me. I've tried to "toughen up" but it's no use! I'm just very tender-hearted. However, I tend to bottle up my feelings and then they come out in one big burst. Perhaps I'm still immature in that sense as I haven't found a great way to not do that ;A;

I guess I react differently depending on the situation. At work, I try not to take anything personally, because it's work. But in my personal life I'm incredibly emotionally sensitive. I can get my feelings hurt pretty easily. I also like you @Petey hate confrontation and conflict, it really drains me. I've tried to "toughen up" but it's no use! I'm just very tender-hearted. However, I tend to bottle up my feelings and then they come out in one big burst. Perhaps I'm still immature in that sense as I haven't found a great way to not do that ;A;

I don't handle my feelings well either, so don't feel too bad! I wouldn't start a scene, lose my cool, or anything like that. I try to act as passive as possible. But when I'm alone, I turn into a sad sack of mush. Sometimes, it kinda feels good to just feel like crap, and let it out, without anyone around to notice. I'll wait till I'm in bed to drown my sorrows in ice cream and maybe cry if it's bad enough.

I really don't care what people think or say about me, I pretend I do because its fun to see how low people can be and shows their true colours. I don't like conflict but that doesn't mean I would stop it, I feel this way because I never find myself in those situations were I have to avoid saying the wrong thing to avoid drama I just don't get into any form of confrontation and if people were confronting each other right on front of me I would just walk away (it isn't my business), I like to have a nice and quiet little bubble. :blush:

I am sensitive about certain topics like animal abuse, I will tear into someone who supports hunting animals for sport, I don't care if its a different 'lifestyle', I will bit your face. (Not literally, I'm not a bear...I think...) LGBT+ topics annoy me too, you all know why, you will always have that one idiot who says something ignorant and act like a little angel when they get confronted on their disgusting way of referring to someone who is part of the LGBT+ community. They make me feel annoyed not sad or angry.

I don't get bothered by politics but people on here probably think I do because of the way I word things, oh well. Think what you want to think but remember this, you're just letters on a screen to me, that's all. (This doesn't go for everyone, as I truly have spoken to nice people on here who have wonderful personalities).

I'm depressed but people don't seem to realize, because 1. I cover it. 2. I don't like attention, what I do is write in a book to express how I feel and evaluate myself. It isn't healthy to hide how you feel, express yourself in whatever way makes you comfortable.

Tl:dr: I'm not dramatically sensitive but I will have a problem if you support the abuse of animals for sport or disgrace and mistreat the LGBT+ community because I'm part of it.

Last edited:
Voted the third one for accuracy but was tempted to vote the fourth one because it's funny how you put it.

As for the topic in question... I have my ups and downs.

I actually had somewhat of a hard time voting for myself. Funny, considering I made the poll! I wanted to vote for the second option, but like I mentioned, I consider myself to be fairly sensitive. I don't show other people though, in person at least. I feel I am between the two, but lean slightly more towards "moderate". I think we all have our ups and downs though. Everyone gets a little more or less sensitive at times, but what probably matters most is how we act on our feelings.

You will rarely see me get sensitive. Actually, I don't think I ever did in years or at all.

I'm much more likely to get annoyed than get angry over anything. People who are oversensitive and overreact are more funny than anything, try acting like that in the adult world and see how far you get in life.

I'm much more likely to get annoyed than get angry over anything. People who are oversensitive and overreact are more funny than anything, try acting like that in the adult world and see how far you get in life.

I'm not gonna lie, I find it hard not to judge people who are too sensitive and act like loons because of it. Even though I know I shouldn't judge, because I have no idea what's causing them to be so sensitive, but as a sensitive person I find it best if I save any outbursts or emotional turmoil for at home. When I'm alone, preferably. It saves everyone trouble imo.

I'm really sensitive to what people say even though i try not to let things get to me. I usually don't let them know either since i'll just shrug it off after i calm down.

I'm really sensitive to what people say even though i try not to let things get to me. I usually don't let them know either since i'll just shrug it off after i calm down.

In the end, it only matters WHO said it to me. I might be upset at first, but I also try not to dwell on everything that strangers and bullies say. It's much different if it's coming from someone I care about, such as my family or friends.

Sensitive is my middle name. Not sure if anyone has heard of the term 'empath', but that personality type fits me to a T. Being an empath basically means I have an overabundance of empathy and concern for others' emotions, which leads to me being EXTREMELY sensitive myself. My feelings get hurt at the drop of a hat. Maybe me being mentally ill (bipolar, anxiety) is the cause of this, but maybe I was born this way. Not sure.

I try not to view it as a weakness - I get the whole "you have to toughen up" spiel from everyone. Because really, if I had to choose between being hurt often but being the most compassionate person I know, or being callous and "safe" from emotional pain - I would always choose being too sensitive.

I wouldn't say I'm sensitive, but if I'm upset over something, I'm not afraid to let my emotions out. It's not healthy to keep 'em in.

I'm not easily hurt, I don't even remember the last time I felt hurt, must be years ago. I'm more sorry for others than myself.

i have bpd so i'm basically an emotional wreck ahaha
it sucks because it's so out of my control, and like lostineverfreeforest said, it's basically impossible to survive in the adult world when the slightest thing sets you off

that being said, i guess being sensitive / empathetic does have its advantages at times because it helps you connect with people (for some reason i'm really good at giving advice?? or so i've been told)

Last edited:
Back