Ladybug Easter Egg
Paradise Planning Easter Egg
Splat Easter Egg
Fossil Easter Egg
Classic Easter Egg
Togepi Easter Egg
Waluigi Easter Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
so i was in starbucks, and they were touting a new latte made with the skin of the coffee fruit aka coffee cherry, and i was like, hah? coffee cherry? coffee comes from beans, ma'am.

and they were like, nah ah, read that big poster over there, and it turns out that coffee plants bear fruit, the fruit has seeds, that's what we dry roast and make into coffee, so "beans" is just a misnomer bc i guess the seeds do sort of resemble beans, but they're not beans, they're seeds.

did anyone else know this?
no such thigns as coffee beans, i feel like the whole of history has been a lie....

that's so weird, coffee beans? Beans are like seeds..
either way, it looks like this cafe in my town needs to change the part of the name from 'beans' to 'seeds,' lmao

Attachments

• coffee-beans.jpg
    coffee-beans.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
here are some coffee cherries, unripe and ripe:

coffee-cherries-green-red-coffeeresearchorg.jpg

mfw when I saw that picture:
raw.jpg

It's like when I saw the cashew apple for the first time.

- - - Post Merge - - -

ehhh that was supposed to be the gif where it zooms in on bob's face and he looks like he's contemplating his entire existence

yep, the cascara latte. looks & smells super gross, apparently it's got notes of maple and brown sugar. i'm not a coffee drinker but it looks extra unappealing.

i had no idea the "beans" were actually the seeds though, that's pretty interesting!

I knew this! But only because I worked at Starbucks for about 2 years.

yep, the cascara latte. looks & smells super gross, apparently it's got notes of maple and brown sugar. i'm not a coffee drinker but it looks extra unappealing.

i had one, it was good, it tasted pretty much like, uh, coffeee...

i had no idea the "beans" were actually the seeds though, that's pretty interesting!

what?? you didn't know?!! turn in your barista badge!!! *o*

Well this was a fun educational thread to read at 4am. That cashew apple though... I looked it up, looks like a giant bell pepper. Wut.

It's like when I saw the cashew apple for the first time.

i read this and said 'what the hell is a cashew apple' and i googled it and i feel violated like what IS that thing how have i never seen it in my whole life??

also i have never heard of a coffee cherry and i genuinely feel so attacked right now

I never knew this either. Very interesting. :D

Last edited:
We call them beans due to the shape I'm pretty sure, but yeah they're "berries", we used to use the berries in floral class in our arrangements! =D

i always thought of them as seeds. for some reason calling them beans seemed a little...off? probably because i thought of beans typically being soft and chewy. but that's only when you bake them. i never eat baked beans and the rest though. thought i was crazy lol

Last edited:
Back