• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Gyroid in Steven Universe!!!

Jackfrost

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Small Mailbox
Tasty Cake
So, I randomly found this amazing reference in Steven Universe. On the bottom right you can clearly see a gyroid! This is why the show is so amazing xD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Here's a close up if you can't see it :)

Attachments

• R-36.jpg
    R-36.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 309
  • R-36~2.jpg
    R-36~2.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 291
Steven Universe is such a a sweet show, it warms my heart to see an Animal Crossing reference in it! ;3; Great find!

That made me really happy. AC references are the best. Thanks for sharing!

Steven Universe is a bad show imo but this is cool.

yes, steven universe definitely gets better. season 1 is nothing compared to the other seasons imo. like once you get really deep into the story you'll fall in love with it. at least, that's how i fell in love with it.

agree that s.u. improves w time and also that it gets really really honest and kinda about a lot of topics i don't see being covered elsewhere, like gender roles and trauma and loss for kids, homelessness, love between people who aren't straight or male, etc. and it does all of it in really cool fantastical ways !

like the point of this thread, this is so cute. the show has all kinds of references in it. tbh, steven would love acnl haha.

ps. does anyone else think the owl in the first screenshot, just above the gyroid, looks a lot like the library owl from avatar: the last airbender?? XD

agree that s.u. improves w time and also that it gets really really honest and kinda about a lot of topics i don't see being covered elsewhere, like gender roles and trauma and loss for kids, homelessness, love between people who aren't straight or male, etc. and it does all of it in really cool fantastical ways !

like the point of this thread, this is so cute. the show has all kinds of references in it. tbh, steven would love acnl haha.

ps. does anyone else think the owl in the first screenshot, just above the gyroid, looks a lot like the library owl from avatar: the last airbender?? XD

So how long would you say it would take for me to get into it? When does the show get deeper? It does sound nice from the way you described it, although I just couldn't see any of those themes in the beginning. But I'm willing to give it a chance if I knew when it got better.

And as for the owl, YES. I was actually thinking how familiar it looked, but I didn't give it much since I figure it looked familiar because it's an owl.

lol well tbh, it only took me til lapis came into the show to get extremely hooked onto it. then when homeworld got involved, and more plot twists started happening, i got even more addicted. the show becomes so much more interesting, my favorite part is probably peridot's arc. there's a lot of filler episodes, i would suggest avoiding them if you're only looking for episodes that push the actual story along. the season 1 finale is honestly fantastic, and the latest episodes that are going to come out in a week or so (they were leaked and my friends and i didn't want to wait lol so we just watched them) are REALLY good. like, when i marathoned the show last christmas break i really was in love with the show, and some of the latest episodes remind me of how much i love the show. it is definitely so worth the watch.

honestly season 1 of su is pretty bad compared to the later seasons. if you can power thru season 1 and get to the finale you will be rewarded later on if you get really into the story of homeworld/the past of the gems, etc

Aww, that's pretty cool!

- - - Post Merge - - -

honestly season 1 of su is pretty bad compared to the later seasons. if you can power thru season 1 and get to the finale you will be rewarded later on if you get really into the story of homeworld/the past of the gems, etc
I agree! Season 1 is mostly Steven obsessing over these cat ice cream sandwiches.

Guys, don't force people to like something. They can have opinions.

Anyways, I think that's pretty neat. This is the first time I've seen a reference to Animal Crossing in a TV show since Invader ZIM (well, that was actually issue #5 of the comic series but it still counts since IZ was originally a TV show).

Anyways, I think that's pretty neat. This is the first time I've seen a reference to Animal Crossing in a TV show since Invader ZIM (well, that was actually issue #5 of the comic series but it still counts since IZ was originally a TV show).

I didn't think anybody was forcing anybody to like SU. :) Just sharing their passion for something they love with others ^_^

Nice find! I just recently started watching SU and I'm liking it a bit too much lol

So how long would you say it would take for me to get into it? When does the show get deeper? It does sound nice from the way you described it, although I just couldn't see any of those themes in the beginning. But I'm willing to give it a chance if I knew when it got better.

And as for the owl, YES. I was actually thinking how familiar it looked, but I didn't give it much since I figure it looked familiar because it's an owl.

i would say like, maybs the first solid half of season one is filler and lacks a sort of overarching grand plot, but that the latter half starts to pick up and has some rly good eps and as hopeless opus mentioned, a superb finale that really gets INTO the plot. there are still filler eps, beyond that, but they're really easy to identify, in my opinion? you can always tell.

i would definitely give it a chance, if you feel up to it ! at the very least, it's not a show that makes you feel gross or like you've UTTERLY WASTED hours of your life with it. p chill all around.

also, i spoke w someone about it picking up for them and they said that it helped to have people to talk about with it, so maybs it's also a communal thing ! on that note, lemme know if you do end up digging in! love an s.u. convo ☆

rather certain no one is forcing anything. this is just chill, healthy convo w differing opinions ��

- - - Post Merge - - -

There's also this one :D

kwrsePF.png

omg!!!!! how did you even see that, i love it haha. k.k. would be so proud

Back