• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Animal Crossing Switch

SensaiGallade

✨ Étoile 2020 ✨
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
1251-8940-4139
Island
Rosemoor
Sheep Plush
Purple Star Fragment
Pink Star Fragment
Red Star Fragment
Celeste Chick Plush
Dreamy Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Dreamy Easter Egg
Animal Crossing Switch. Will it happen? What would you like to see; new and returning features. What are your thoughts?!

personally, i think there will be an AC game for switch! but from a business perspective, they wouldn't revive the game (welcome amiibo update) just to bring out a new base game a few months later. also with the announcement of splatoon 2 i don't think AC will be their main focus, not this year anyways. maybe 2018! apparently they're doing testings of the gamecube AC which should be interesting!

I doubt that a new AC game will come out for Switch this year. My bet is that it will come out either next year, or it will start getting teased next year for a 2019 release. After all, the Welcome Amiibo update just came out. It is making them a lot of money right now, too, so I don't think they're in too much of a hurry. I would love to see many changes for the next instalment! Like a toolbox for tools, even more storage, the ability to place furniture or PWP's in half spaces, ceiling furniture, more villagers, larger town, more personality and interaction for the animals, etc. Just so much to improve on! ^_^

Maybe not this year but sometime in the future I'd like to think that Animal Crossing will come to the Switch.

I wouldn't expect anything more than one screenshot at E3 if we are lucky. I do think we will know something before or during the January 2018 direct.

I'm guessing after Mario Odyssey, that will be the next big title. And since that's coming out around Fall/Winter 2017, we might get AC Switch Spring 2018.

personally, with the whole pay to play online thing.. i don't think it would be a good thing to get AC on the Switch. might just be a me thing, but it sort of makes what the game is based on a little bit harder to reach, you know? I mean, it's supposed to be like 'make friends with villagers' and stuff, but what about people around you? Will that become obsolete to those who can't afford the online subscription? Or the forums and trading? I feel like they'll do it in a few years time, though. Even though it would be cool, I hope I get more usage out of the game and the forum for a little while longer :)

I'm hoping for a bigger world if there is one on the Switch, it would be really neat if there were different towns or like different "sections" like an industrial part, and a forest part, and like a beach part, etc etc. If they do come out with one on the switch that would pretty much be the selling point for me.

I'm hoping for a bigger world if there is one on the Switch, it would be really neat if there were different towns or like different "sections" like an industrial part, and a forest part, and like a beach part, etc etc. If they do come out with one on the switch that would pretty much be the selling point for me.

I had that as an idea too. You should also be able to change the types of the districts when you become the president of your 'country' (excluding the town district, which is where the villagers and players live. Also don't worry, despite it being a 'country' it's still not too big and only the town district counts towards a perfect town). Districts include desert district, arctic district, mountainous district, commercial district, industrial district and maybe a few more. Of course it would take around 5 to 10 days for a district to completely change. My idea about becoming president is that you start off as the mayor and work your way up to becoming president (don't worry, it doesn't include any politic crap). This time when you start a new town, you don't get mistaken for the mayor because you ARE the mayor, until you become president of course.

That'd be really nice!
What I'm hoping for is everything they've put into NL and HHD will be merged together as one were you can also decorate the outside of homes, have schools and other public buildings, as well as still being the mayor and doing public works projects.

I really hope Dream Suites return. Maybe more than one player can join in the dream instead of just you? Dunno, just a thought. Also, having it removed when nobody visits (Just like Super Mario Maker... Come on, Nintendo.) needs to stop. NOW!

I doubt a new Animal Crossing Switch game will be Nintendo's top priority, considering them just updating New Leaf and working on a bunch of other games they have promised, such as Spla2n, Super Mario Odyssey, and the New Legend of Zelda game. If they were to release a new Animal Crossing installment, I'd guess late 2018 at the earliest. And, again, if they do release a new game, I'd love to see a revival/remake of the first game for the GameCube with bits of New Leaf added in, or maybe even a sequel to New Leaf. Some of the things I'd like to see return are RVs, Main Street, diving and badges, and anything else is just an extra bonus to me.

Considering that the Switch has built-in NFC, I wouldn't be surprised if they announced a new AC next year for release in 2019 or maybe even 2020.

And it would be smart of them to allow Amiibo use for a new AC as well. And I dunno if it'd be possible, but some sort of town transfer option would be amazing.

I would like a deeper level of simulation. I play building games like Planet Coaster, and would like some things to be added. One feature I would like is control of housing density. If you collect, say, modern style Villagers, why not have them live in a skyscraper that fits their personality? Or even recreate Edo (feudal) Japan for the Villagers that like that style?

I doubt a new Animal Crossing Switch game will be Nintendo's top priority, considering them just updating New Leaf and working on a bunch of other games they have promised, such as Spla2n, Super Mario Odyssey, and the New Legend of Zelda game. If they were to release a new Animal Crossing installment, I'd guess late 2018 at the earliest. And, again, if they do release a new game, I'd love to see a revival/remake of the first game for the GameCube with bits of New Leaf added in, or maybe even a sequel to New Leaf. Some of the things I'd like to see return are RVs, Main Street, diving and badges, and anything else is just an extra bonus to me.

I'd kill to see a remaster of the GameCube game. I just hope they keep the top-down-esque perspective and don't water down the personalities. They can add hats and that would be fine even though they weren't really a thing in the GCN game (viking helmet/princess cone do not count). I just hope they don't make it too different than the original (i.e changing the music to the style of New Leaf. That would probably ruin the atmosphere).

Imagine we get another crappy spin off like amiibo festival? Lmao

I agree with others - probably not until 2018 minimum. They just put out a major update, so that implies to me that they expect AC fans to keep playing New Leaf for a while longer.

I do want to see a bigger world. New Leaf is great, but the town feels too small. Some people want more than 10 villagers, but honestly I don't think the New Leaf town has room for more than 10. Even 10 can make a town (depending on layout, etc) feel really crowded.

I also one day would like to see an unlimited item inventory. If they want to keep making so many non-reorderable items, they need to let us have room for them.

Last edited:
I would be okay for more Villagers if they can keep the level of simulation the same or higher. I would rather they have a high level of simulation and less Villagers. I think the detail in HHD has indicated that it can be done to a certain extent.

Oh I hope there is a new one! Probably not for a couple years (the Welcome Amiibo update was just last October), but I hope it's as good as New Leaf.

Here's what I'd like in a new AC game:
(new stuff)
- Being able to see what villagers you will start out with when you pick a town to live in. You also get to see the native fruit that will grow there.
- You get to choose where new villagers will have their houses, and we can decorate their 'house land' like in HHA.
- We get more fruits than before, and you can get all of them (besides the native fruit) in town projects.
- We can have more than 10 villagers at a time, meaning we don't have to kick out other villagers already living there.
- We can have up to 5 human characters in the town, and each will have their own li'l 'town'-like area with its own villagers and its own town projects.
- We can actually do JOBS, like barista and gardener and such. The other villagers can do these too.
- There will be more shops, selling specific items to that area.
- Add different areas (4-5 town 'areas', a city, a beach, farm, mall, etc). These areas can have their own shops, each with their own specific items. This allows for more villagers, and expands the game beyond just the single town.
(old stuff)
- Keep the stuff from ACNL, City Folk, and HHA. But expand on it with more interactions, and even more items/town projects.

I disagree with the new leaf update meaning switch is far off. I think it was a test to see what people like and what people don't like and how it works in a town.

Back