White Lily
Green Candy
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Green Candy
Red Candy
I wanted to try out pixel art so I made this little icon thing of my gemsona
5FH8gz0.gif

What do you think of it? Is there anyway I should improve it?

Considering I could never pull something like this off, and it is very cute, I'd say it's great! She reminds me of a character you might see in an old gameboy game. Ahhh, nostalgia. :rolleyes:

Very cute, I like it a lot! It would be better in my opinion if it was a bit larger, but that's hardly a problem c:

Considering I could never pull something like this off, and it is very cute, I'd say it's great! She reminds me of a character you might see in an old gameboy game. Ahhh, nostalgia. :rolleyes:

Thank you! :D

- - - Post Merge - - -

Very cute, I like it a lot! It would be better in my opinion if it was a bit larger, but that's hardly a problem c:

Thanks!! c: It's tiny because i made it to be my deviantart icon c:

i think this looks gorgeous! the only thing i can criticise is maybe shading the hair a little to make it look not so 'flat', to give it a bit of dimension!

but great job c:

A bit more shading could make this even better. You have the right intentions with the shading on the chest area of the shirt/dress. Try using that on the hair and arms too. Make sure the shade colour is quite a bit darker, so we can see it. I could not tell the arms or hair were shaded without looking closer. Again the colour choice on the clothing has the right sort of contrast, so base it off that.

Last edited:
I agree with the shading part, i'm no expert, but i've done some pixels in the past, try to make the shade darker so you can actually see it, I also notice a lot of pixel artist divide their hair, so it doesnt look so flat.
some past examples I did, so you can see the dividing part

Welcome to the wonderful world of pixel art, I really loved doing it when I did it, I wish to continue when I get a new tablet ^^

e4025f3cf4.png
<-- You can see the hair is divided so has more dimension
I also have these smoll cheebs, that are 50x50, as you can tell, the shade wasn't as dark as I hoped, But I made a version with the shade darker, and I also fixed the sparkles, because I messed up the frame rate when she is blinking, that was my mistake, I cant see to find the corrected version atm
c9c8766434.gif

Edited: I also kind of outlined the shade with a darker so the transformation of color is a bit more noticeable

003b139fc6.png

Last edited:
Thanks for your advice everyone ^^

also here's a bigger version c:
oWtOMrr.png

Thanks for your advice everyone ^^

also here's a bigger version c:
oWtOMrr.png

These are great! :D I reckon you'd be able to make a little bit of tbt if you sold these, a tiny bit of shading would make it even better C:

These are great! :D I reckon you'd be able to make a little bit of tbt if you sold these, a tiny bit of shading would make it even better C:

Thank you! I'm gonna practice some more before I try selling any. I'll try adding more shading. I'll post it here when I'm finished ~

Back