• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

click bait forum signatures dream addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven310250

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Seriously why the hell do people leave their forum signature with fancy background and stuff but when going to their dream address, their town is either a empty barren wasteland or utter complete garbage mess. Can you people at least give me the heads up? What even bothers me more is that they have beautiful, adorable, expensive, ultra rare exclusive villagers living in poverty like Syria. Jesus ****ing Christ it pisses me off, your villagers deserve better than that. I would deport ya'lls villagers if I see them living in horrible conditions like that.

Last edited:
Well this is a little mean. If you'd like to see dream towns that are developed why not search for them on Google.

"What even bothers me more is that they have beautiful, adorable, expensive, ultra rare exclusive villagers living in poverty like Syria." i'm dying

Anyway, maybe the sig is depicting what they have planned for the future of their town.

What even bothers me more is that they have beautiful, adorable, expensive, ultra rare exclusive villagers living in poverty like Syria.

I almost fell off my chair reading that XD

Honestly though this is the first time I'm hearing of this. Needless to say it's pretty despicable. I can see it being an inventive prank for Halloween or the 1st of April or something, but otherwise it's just unecessarily cruel :p

Tbh, that's kinda mean to say. A lot of people don't have time to work on their towns 24/7 and do heavy landscaping work, or perhaps their town is a work in progress. Not everyone has a beautiful towns with pretty gardens, paths, all the pwps laid out/displayed beautifully and bushes/trees/flowers arranged. As for your claim that people are "false advertising" as such by putting pretty backgrounds in their sig, what on earth do you expect them to do? Put a desolate wasteland as the background? Most people out the background as what they aspire their town to be like as they work towards achieving it!
But I must say, "What even bothers me more is that they have beautiful, adorable, expensive, ultra rare exclusive villagers living in poverty like Syria." Made me laugh so hard! (Even though I really shouldn't lol) Basically you just have to respect that people are slowly but surely developing their towns! ^_^

Holy ****. I assure you Diamond isn't like Syria. It may not be fully developed but I'm working on it, geez. 0_0

Yes it's mean for me to say that but it's honestly disrespectful to hardworking people who actually let people know their town is currently under construction, working progress . When you put signatures without showing details about your towns progress, most people assume it's already completed. Moments later, they've been lied to. Does that sound nice to you? To me it's not, it's a trick. Sometimes you have to put your foot down and say it like it is.

Last edited:
Seems like a bit of a small thing to get so worked up over :/ What do you lose if a dream town isn't to your liking? 500 bells and a few minutes?

This is slightly rude. Yes a signature may reflect someones town but it may also reflect their personality and themselves. Please there is no need for a thread like this.

Last edited:
Yes it's mean for me to say that but it's honestly disrespectful to hardworking people who actually let people know their town is currently under construction. When you put signatures without showing details about your towns progress, most people assume it's already completed. Moments later, they've been lied to. Does that sound nice to you? To me it's not, it's a trick. Sometimes you have to put your foot down and say it like it is.

I'm sorry what?? Disrespectful, seriously? You don't lose anything from checking out a dream town save for 500 bells and a few minutes of time. No one is forcing you to check out their town! You are honestly getting worked up over nothing. My town isn't a war zone, but it isn't completed either. Yeah, it's a bit of a mess as I'm currently trying to landscape it. Also the reason many people have "super-rare" villagers and their town is not completed is because they get their favourite villagers first so they know where their houses are in order to begin landscaping! You seriously need to calm down and stop over-reacting, and for goodness sake appreciate that people put a lot of effort into planning their towns, even if you can't see that!

Last edited:
Eh. It's not clickbait or even particularly misleading. Some people just don't have wonderful towns, okay? Like, I could have a fancy dream code signature, but when going to my town you'd see trees and a few PWPs with very few designs and just random villagers.

That's not my problem, my problem is with people who don't show working progress in their signatures. Of they need to plot their houses in a good spot, i'm not mad at that.

C'mon, cut the OP some slack, he obviously got up on the wrong side of his crib this morning.

That's not my problem, my problem is with people who don't show working progress in their signatures. Of they need to plot their houses in a good spot, i'm not mad at that.

and who are you to police everyone about this lol? it doesn't matter if people want to say their town is a wip or not. it's their decision.

No one should be forced to put a work in progress sign if they either don't feel the need to or just don't want to. Half the time people just have their DA in their sig because they just want all the info for it there. If you want to look at finished and fully developed towns, check out the actual thread for it and stop bashing people for not doing anything wrong. They didn't work in their town for you to sit and criticise it because it isn't done and somehow it's their fault for not "warning" you in advance, despite the fact they most likely didn't even ask you to visit. Go work on your attitude towards things, it'll make you a better and happier person. Good day.

Last edited:
Okay, not gonna lie. I laughed a little at the "Syria" thing... But really, I'm a bit mind-boggled as to why you're getting worked up over something so trivial. As the others said, all you would lose is just 500 bells and a couple minutes of your time for visiting someone's DA that you don't like. It's not that serious. Sometimes people's towns don't look perfect, and that's okay. Animal Crossing is a game about expressing one's creativity. Sometimes people like to deck their towns out with fancy paths and PWPs and whatnot, but some people don't. And that's totally fine.

That is misleading then, having their town out like that. It's like me putting up my restaurant sign open for business but it's still under working progress. No electricity or water

- - - Post Merge - - -

I guess dirt patch marks and hordes of weeds is nice perfectly beautiful town to many or some

That is misleading then, having their town out like that. It's like me putting up my restaurant sign open for business but it's still under working progress. No electricity or water

- - - Post Merge - - -

I guess dirt patch marks and hordes of weeds is nice perfectly beautiful town to many or some

Except it's nothing like that because an animal crossing town is not a business meant to garner revenue

It's more like going to someone's house and not liking their lawn. Nobody's saying that their town is awesome and perfect, you're just going to random dream dresses and whining when it's not what you expect.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Well, you have to start somewhere.

You do realise electricity and water is one of the first things any modern building will have, right? Not a great comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back