Ask Snake Mom

I can't think of a question right now but I wanted to say that I always enjoy reading your posts because I find them interesting and omg your snek is so adorable I love his little nose ;3;

on a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you like being filmed by your owner? do you like being forum-famous?

How much do you love your bowie?

Honestly so damn much! When he peeks out of his hide and I'll just talk to him and grin like an idiot. He's such a perfect pet!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I can't think of a question right now but I wanted to say that I always enjoy reading your posts because I find them interesting and omg your snek is so adorable I love his little nose ;3;

Thanks darlin'! He is very handsome.

- - - Post Merge - - -

on a scale of 1 to 10, how much do you like being filmed by your owner? do you like being forum-famous?

He doesn't mind the camera at all, sometimes I have to chase him around to get a good picture or video. Especially if I'm trying to put a hat on him, his reaction is to run. XD

*snake noises* Also here's the most recent photo of my chunk.
tumblr_ok8wm5Xd0d1r2ps52o1_1280.jpg

Bowie is such a pretty snake!

When did your love for snakes begin?

Middle school. I was terrified of snakes before then, like horrified by them, running screaming ya know. Then in middle school I met a cornsnake and she was precious, I started asking my mom to let me get a snake but she wouldn't, then I met a few more snakes and I LOVED THEM, especially a class ball python. I knew I wanted one for a really long time but wasn't able to until I got Bowie, and even then I wasn't "allowed" i just kind of did it. Now I am so desensitized to them I have even seen a rattlesnake go by me a few feet away and I was just like "hey guys, there's a rattlesnake" to warn the people I was with and they all started like sprinting away. XD

Last edited:
Middle school. I was terrified of snakes before then, like horrified by them, running screaming ya know. Then in middle school I met a cornsnake and she was precious, I started asking my mom to let me get a snake but she wouldn't, then I met a few more snakes and I LOVED THEM, especially a class ball python. I knew I wanted one for a really long time but wasn't able to until I got Bowie, and even then I wasn't "allowed" i just kind of did it.

That's nice, your greatest fear becomes your best friend. c:

I've had a snake called Luna, I don't remember her exact species but I'm sure she was a Python of sorts, she was small and always tried to get inside the couch arm so I had to pull her out like rope, she was so friendly and playful but I gave her away because I wanted her to be the happiest she could be and sadly at that time in my life I couldn't bring her that happiness. Miss you Luna. <3

Last edited:
in your opinion, whats the most beautiful kind of snake?

Last edited:
do you own or want to own a turtle? if so what did you/ would you name it?

Are there any snakes that you don't have to feed rats/small animals to?

I want a snake, but I don't want to have to watch it eat small animals. I'd be fine with like bugs or something.

I want a snake, but I don't want to have to watch it eat small animals. I'd be fine with like bugs or something.

I known this is Krunks thread but I'm going to answer this, Green rough snakes are probably the only snake that you can have as pet and that doesn't have to eat mice but they are very hard to handle and don't make excellent companions. If you want a snake a corn snake comes to mind as they are calm but they have to eat mice frozen & thawed or alive mice, so your not going to have the best luck finding the perfect friend, water snakes are another option but these are very hard to take care of so you probably shouldn't get one of these at all.

Last edited:

Whiteflamigo is right. Just about all snakes, besides the super tiny ones eat other animals. If I had a giant like a Burmese I'd have to feed it guinea pigs and rabbits. There are some snakes that have responded positively to sausages. I believe one kind is hognoses, they'll also eat eggs and stuff, but the sausages are just ground rats/rabbits etc so you at least don't have to see a full animal get consumed. There's ever certain snakes who predominantly eat other snakes, king snakes for instance, they like to eat, of all things, ball pythons. If you'd like another scaly friend I would suggest a lizard, most lizards eat bugs and or fruit and veg.

- - - Post Merge - - -

That's nice, your greatest fear becomes your best friend. c:

I've had a snake called Luna, I don't remember her exact species but I'm sure she was a Python of sorts, she was small and always tried to get inside the couch arm so I had to pull her out like rope, she was so friendly and playful but I gave her away because I wanted her to be the happiest she could be and sadly at that time in my life I couldn't bring her that happiness. Miss you Luna. <3

I'm sorry you had to give her up, but sometimes that's the best thing there is to do. I hope to be able to have a regime and rescue when I move out, because it hurts my heart to see all the poor snake children who never get adopted or have to sit in homes they don't get proper care. Maybe someday you'll be able to have a scale friend again!

Whiteflamigo is right. Just about all snakes, besides the super tiny ones eat other animals. If I had a giant like a Burmese I'd have to feed it guinea pigs and rabbits. There are some snakes that have responded positively to sausages. I believe one kind is hognoses, they'll also eat eggs and stuff, but the sausages are just ground rats/rabbits etc so you at least don't have to see a full animal get consumed. There's ever certain snakes who predominantly eat other snakes, king snakes for instance, they like to eat, of all things, ball pythons. If you'd like another scaly friend I would suggest a lizard, most lizards eat bugs and or fruit and veg.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm sorry you had to give her up, but sometimes that's the best thing there is to do. I hope to be able to have a regime and rescue when I move out, because it hurts my heart to see all the poor snake children who never get adopted or have to sit in homes they don't get proper care. Maybe someday you'll be able to have a scale friend again!

I have bearded dragons, I can just imagine them with Australian accents. XD

in your opinion, whats the most beautiful kind of snake?

There are honestly too many. Bowie is my favorite ball python, they're are pretty ones like super cinnamons and stuff but leucistics are just too beautiful.

I also love black milk snakes, it's what I hope to get next as far as a snake goes they're a pure black with iridescence. And speaking of iridescence rainbow Boas are really amazing! Literally little sparkly rainbow children.

- - - Post Merge - - -

do you own or want to own a turtle? if so what did you/ would you name it?

If anything I would want a tortoise. I'd maybe get turtles if I had land to build a big pond in, but I'd never want one in a tank. I'd prefer to have tortoise, my aunt had a beautiful tortoise and I always loved him growing up. His name was Mr.T there are lots of nice torts so I don't know what type, leopards are really beautiful but so are so many others...

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have bearded dragons, I can just imagine them with Australian accents. XD

Beardies can be so fun. I love when they puff out their beards and get all tough, like you wanna fight little man? XD my friend on Tumblr walks hers on a leash and it's probably the cutest thing I've ever seen, if I had a beardy I would spoil him with lots of dandiloins!

Back