Ask Snake Mom

if you can create a villager for a animal crossing game and its a snake
what personality and type will it be?

Have you ever had other people change their attitude towards you in a negative way after learning you're into unusual pets?

if you can create a villager for a animal crossing game and its a snake
what personality and type will it be?

Definitely lazy! My snake is super lazy, so I'd love to see a little lazy BP.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Do you use snakes for deadly purposes?

Only when necessary. I just keep a bag full of deadly snakes on my person at all times.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Have you ever had other people change their attitude towards you in a negative way after learning you're into unusual pets?

Definitely. A lot of people just have sheer hatred for reptiles but it doesn't mean they have to change their attitude towards me. Kind of sucks though. But it's their loss ultimately

for how long can a snake live?

It depends on the snake, my snake Bowie is probably going to live around 30 years or so, and I look forward to a long life with him. =D It's definitely a big commitment kind of pet, because they live so long!

Weird question, but I'm really interested in getting a snake as pet but I'm wondering if they can be affectionate in any way? Like do you ever feel that your snake loves you back? I really want a snake but at the same time since I've never had any pet other than cats it's hard to imagine not having a "snuggly" kind of animal that shows affection.

Weird question, but I'm really interested in getting a snake as pet but I'm wondering if they can be affectionate in any way? Like do you ever feel that your snake loves you back? I really want a snake but at the same time since I've never had any pet other than cats it's hard to imagine not having a "snuggly" kind of animal that shows affection.

They actually don't have the part of the brain that can show affection, but the closest you can get to that is trust which for me is just as good. They also do enjoy being on you because you're warm so I mean, them wanting to be near you and trusting you is pretty close to love if you ask me, Bowie trusts me, he doesn't hiss or strike, and I can tell he prefers me to other people because he trusts me the most which makes me really happy. If you're looking for a scale friend who CAN show affection you'd have to go to the lizard spectrum and to a larger lizard like a skink or tegu, they actually do have the part of the brain that has love and genuinely will love you back, basically like big scaly dogs. I hope to get a blue tounged skink someday and maybe if I have the room in a house for one eventually a tegu because I would want him to have room to roam around.

have you ever slept before 11pm in summer?

I work graves, so I go to sleep in the morning all day everyday. Summer sucks really hard because I sleep during the hottest points of the day and it's really really awful.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If you had to watch one show on repeat for the rest of your life, which would it be?

Futurama, I do this pretty much by choice already.

Do/would you keep poisonous snakes?

The closest thing to a hot I will consider is a hognosed snake. They have a very mild venom that has barely an effect so I'd be ok keeping one of them, also they're really really adorable.
ce0e47e46222f985eb1b808e41567140.gif

SMOL DANGER NOODLE!

That's cool. I love reptiles (any animals really) but I wouldn't wanna keep anything that could potentially kill me.

That's cool. I love reptiles (any animals really) but I wouldn't wanna keep anything that could potentially kill me.

Exactly, I also probably wouldn't keep a giant, just because I am not strong enough to hold one by myself and you kind of need to be able to do that, even though they're giant puppies and they're adorable, it'd also be kind of intimidating knowing it could kill me if it really wanted to. And I wouldn't be able to have cats or dogs because ya know, they'd go missing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

What type of snake it's your bowie?

He is a blue eyed leucistic ball python. A lot of people ask if he is an "albino" but the albino ball pythons are actually electric yellow colored. He lacks any color at all, sometimes he has a bit of a yellow tinge or pink tinge is he's close to shed but he's pure white with striking icy blue eyes. He's a very handsome boy! He's also almost two pounds of snake! I weighed him today! =D

To Snake Person: What's it like being ectothermic?

To Pre-supposed Human Snake Lady: Is Bowie even half as charming as he looks? ^_^

To Snake Person: What's it like being ectothermic?

To Pre-supposed Human Snake Lady: Is Bowie even half as charming as he looks? ^_^

Well it's really easy to survive when you've got someone to cuddle and steal all of their body heat from. =D

And yes Bowie is a huge charmer, everyone who meets him falls in love with him(even snake haters), he's just a super sweet super amazing boy. He is also sassy as all heck though.

What's the most regular thing you need to take care of? They don't feed very frequently in the wild, to my knowledge, so I'd imagine you'd want to be careful not feeding him too often.

Does he drink from, say, a bowl of water or is the condensation off of his body enough?
And if he does drink directly from a bowl of water, is it as adorable as I imagine? :]

What's the most regular thing you need to take care of? They don't feed very frequently in the wild, to my knowledge, so I'd imagine you'd want to be careful not feeding him too often.

Does he drink from, say, a bowl of water or is the condensation off of his body enough?
And if he does drink directly from a bowl of water, is it as adorable as I imagine? :]

Cleaning out and filling his water bowl is the most regular thing I have to do, I feed him every 10 days but once I move him up a food size I might make it a longer time between feedings. I also regular check his temperatures and humidity and mist when needed to keep it homey for him. =] He does drink and kind of "soak" but mostly he just plops his body in the water then drags dirt into it like a butt.

Here's him doing a drink.
tumblr_o7feh51z8O1r2ps52o1_400.gif

There's plenty more of him HERE if you wanna see. You can see him in action and stuff. =]

Back