• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Ask Snake Mom

How do you feel about Burmese & Reticulated Pythons? My mum got me a Burmese, her name was Betty and she got to about 16ft long. I haven't seen my mum in a few years so I assume she no longer has her, but she was a beautiful snake.

- - - Post Merge - - -

ALSO IS YOUR SNEK A LEUCISTIC OR A SUPER MOJAVE ect

Sorry if this has been asked, but what resources do you suggest people read/watch before deciding to become a snake parent?

What led up to you becoming a snake parent?

Last edited:
How do you take care of a snake so well?
Also, are they poisonous? :eek:

Are you my Mother?

If you'd like me to be. I could always use more children.

- - - Post Merge - - -

How do you feel about Burmese & Reticulated Pythons? My mum got me a Burmese, her name was Betty and she got to about 16ft long. I haven't seen my mum in a few years so I assume she no longer has her, but she was a beautiful snake.

- - - Post Merge - - -

ALSO IS YOUR SNEK A LEUCISTIC OR A SUPER MOJAVE ect

Giants are gorgeous, but honestly I would never get one, I don't think I'd have the space to house one happily, and I'm not the strongest person and you have to at least be able to handle them properly. But really beautiful pups, I love their big ol head boobs and I've loved everyone that I've met.

Bowie is a leucistic. My handsome little man. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sorry if this has been asked, but what resources do you suggest people read/watch before deciding to become a snake parent?

What led up to you becoming a snake parent?

Honestly some of the greatest resources are talking to other snake parents. Before getting Bowie I started following a ton of tumblrs and looking at their care sheets and set-ups. If you just look up care sheets there will be a lot of old misinformation. For instance a lot of care sheets will say that a heat lamp is OK for snakes when they need belly heat via a UTH not a lamp. But really just talking to other snake parents is a great help, if you have Tumblr I can give you a few really great people to follow and ask stuff.

- - - Post Merge - - -

How do you take care of a snake so well?
Also, are they poisonous? :eek:

I did lots of research. I spent a good bit of money on him so then I also spent a lot of money on his enclosure and enrichment. Only the best for my spoiled little boy!

How's your rainbow town coming along? :lemon:

on a scale of 1-10 how much do you like danger noodles

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also do you plan to get any more snakes in the future? And what are your favourite ball python morphs?

Also do you plan to get any more snakes in the future? And what are your favourite ball python morphs?
There are lots of really gorgeous BP morphs, one I love is a Super Cinnamon's they're a deep brown/black and they are just so beautiful. I also love normal morphs with alien heads and blushing. Honestly I could go on with BP morphs because there are just so many just beautiful ones! But beyond BP's I'd also love to get a hognose because so smol, and a sand boa so I can let it swim in sand <3. I'll probably also get a black milk snake because holy cow they're too gorgeous and iridescent and their little heads are adorable. I want a ton of snakes, but before I get them I'd need the space, if my mom ends up renting us her house I'll probably start collecting. But I also want other animals, especially reptiles, so yeah I'd need room for my collection. ^u^

- - - Post Merge - - -

whats ur fav bread

Hands down, Hawaiian Bread, it's so sweet and amazing, I also love potato bread and EGG bread. All of them are super sweet and moist and just all around delicious.

Back