• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Times when you've wasted money on something useless

Well, I bought the Outlaw Star blu-ray set. What's the problem you ask? It's region 2 and won't play on any of the blu-ray player or game consoles that I own.

My main problems are buying food/coffee that I could easily have made at home and collecting dumb things like amiibo and other figurines. I feel less bad about it when I realize that other people buy much more expensive things though. I go to school with people who are in debt and still bought a house and a car with credit. Also people who wear expensive clothes and get their hair done every few weeks.

Also to those of you who regret buying video games you should resell them on amazon or eBay!! I only buy new games by selling old ones and using that money. And like someone earlier said, tier 1 amiibo cards sell for $15-$20 so it's best not to hoard them!

Last edited:
I've dropped like $7-10 on iMessage stickers... WHY

I bought a jacket off Amazon a while ago and when it came in, I realized I ordered the wrong size and it didn't look as good as I expected.

I bought $100- in squishies because I saw a video of squishies on youtube...

Well... I've spent a whole dollar on a "back-scratcher" at the county fair... That was literally one of those sticks that make weird sounds when you move it, and a little baby lady hand on the top of it... To this day I still think about it. Like wow. That dollar could've went to something useful... Instead... I get little baby lady hand on a pink sound stick

When I got my first job I wasn't paying rent or any bills or anything so all of my money was just going into savings slowly, but I would get off work early and I worked right downtown where all the shops were, and if I had an early day where my mom wouldn't be getting me for a few hours I would walk around the stores and buy SO MUCH USELESS STUFF. Like there was a toyshop across the street and I'd always buy little things from there, and then there was a Claire's a few shops down, so I'd buy lots of their stuff that was on sale, I mean somethings it was worthwhile like I got a cool pair of shades for 1 dollar because they were on like super sale. But I'd buy so much stuff I didn't need and then there was also a Kohl's and I would buy all their on sale decorations and crap... AND I would go to Ben and Jerry's all the time and also to this sushi place all the time, it was nice treating myself so often but man, if I didn't I'd have so much money. XD

bad quality earrings that are super cute

they're always on sale/clearance but rust and break so easily. there was also this once the earring was too big and i couldnt even wear it.

prob wasted like 30$ total on them.

When I was in my old college program, I literally bought a snack food from the vending machine basically everyday. Such craaaaap omg. I wasted SO much money on those treats cause vending machine prices are a scam.

Recently I bought a pair of leather pants online, they arrived with an incorrect size and the labels on the inside were cut out (literally). So because of this I didn't think I could return them so I've had to throw them away which was a shame. They were only ?5 though so I didn't have very high expectations. I know I'll never be ordering from the website again, that's the only let down about ordering online I'd say. Getting the right size and their return policy!!!

Back