Times when you've wasted money on something useless

Abbaba

Rons got himself a howler
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Poptart Easter Egg
Yesterday I spent ?3 on a grey Copic Marker because there was no black ones, it's currently the only Copic Marker I have and it's not even one I can use. It was fun to play with though

All the time. Like for reals, I am so guilty of this. Impulse buying for me is a big problem. Like I am always like "OMG I NEED THIS" and then I unpack it at home like. wtf did I do, where I am going to put this?

Too many times...I'm better than I used to be but even now I'll spend on stuff that's completely pointless.
I went through a phase last year of wanting to build things out of motorised maccano. So I've got about 3 different sets for that
And obviously I went off it and decided I preferred lego building as a hobby...

Literally every day. Well, maybe not every day but I spend my money on a lot of unnecessary, frivolous things. like all of these amiibo cards...

Literally every day. Well, maybe not every day but I spend my money on a lot of unnecessary, frivolous things. like all of these amiibo cards...

came here to say this ^ lol, i'm always getting told off from my boyfriend.. what he doesn't know won't hurt him ;3

I've wasted money on useless crap for as long as I've had an income.

What's the point in having an income if you don't buy useless crap?

when i spend it on starbucks, i mean yeah it's delicious but damn are they expensive!!

Quite often. The other day, a friend and I spent $8 each on blind boxes with little figurines inside of them. We thought it'd be fun, and they had some characters we really liked. I got lucky though, and got exactly who I wanted. Though it was easy to tell, it was a REALLY big Alduin figure and he barely moved around in the box. I guessed after a few good shakes. My friend got a character she didn't hate, but turns out her mom loved the character and took the figure to work with her. My friend basically spent $8 to have her figure stolen. RIP.

My little kid self used to spend its pocket money on useless crap all the time. Monster High dolls, for example. The casual kid would play with these, but I unpacked them and put them to my other dolls. At least I got to sell them for a decent amount of money on eBay.

i dont buy things very often and when i do i usually think it through a bot bc i have anxiety about buying things and i avoid it rly often... but i have bought some games that dont run well on my computerxso theres that i guess also when i waste money on food or candy or w/e lmao

clothes i don't even want to wear but i thought looked cute *stares at all my bralettes & chokers*

SAME. So far I've only been keeping the cards I like so it hasn't been as expensive as it could have been, but now I want to finish collecting the entire card series 1-4 (I already have almost all of the Welcome Amiibo series). So that means......more money. :lemon:

clothes that just don't look right on me. about 2 years ago i bought all kinds of chokers & lost them all. still have like two leather ones & i wear them sometimes. recently i bought pink pleated trousers & i didn't realise they'd be so big because they're long but they're still nice and i wear them anyway, just can't wear them on rainy days

Last edited:
Too many times. It hurts my head to think about it. I love cute things and stuffed animals and had no self control. I'm working on it now, sometimes I like to spoil myself and if I REALLY wanna waste my money on something I'll think about it for a few minutes, but lately I've learned to say no, lmao. I get kinda upset at myself when I waste money on clothes, but it's more rare for that to happen.

when I bought **** games like mario party 10, pokken tournament and scribblenaughts unlimited...
my problem is that I have a habit or hoarding video games, I buy them when they come out but leave them on the shelf for years untouched :/

i really really hate spending money. so much that i hate buying anything ever. plus i'm socially awkward as heck and normally embarrass myself whenever i'm buying things.. lol but i try not to spend money very often. when i do buy things though, i sometimes do get the feeling of 'did i really need this?' and then regret buying it

oh, this is kind of a rant lol so

When you spend things for someone because you thought they want/need them and you wanted to help and make them them happy (even if I really worked for it and need them myself), but later you've learned that they didn't appreciate those, then tell you that money isn't important and also tell you that they work hard for it more than you do. Sounds like I still have axe to grind haha but whatever xD Guess I should've spent my money on some useless crap for myself than with those people XD And of course, I will next time :p

I hate it when I buy a video game and find out it sucks. It's already opened so I can't return it. Total waste of money.

I can't tell you how many times I've bought a book I already owned. I go to place it on the bookshelf, and see the other copy.

Why did I think I needed all those Disney snow globes and figurines? They just collect dust and take up space.

The list goes on.

Back