Times when you've wasted money on something useless

I have spent so much money on clothes and I don't even wear half of them. They just looked so good in the changing rooms, but when I actually try to wear it in real life, I just end up hating how it looks on me. Same goes for clothes I buy that are so expensive and fancy, I worry about getting it ruined outside. So they just gather dust. :(

I guess Pokemon cards could fall under this, I've been buying some to help my little brother play so we've been playing cards together. Figured if he or I gets really into it we could try our luck with a League.

I guess Pokemon cards could fall under this, I've been buying some to help my little brother play so we've been playing cards together. Figured if he or I gets really into it we could try our luck with a League.

That's sweet though. Not really a waste because it's a way for you guys to bond and spend quality time together ^_^

I do this more often than I'd like to admit. I bought three Tales of Symphonia clear files because I liked the art. I don't think I'll ever actually use them but... I just wanted them lol.

I also used to be really bad for buying cosmetics in games. Tera, Blade & Soul, Dota... I was TERRIBLE. I've gotten over it now because I don't play as much and I've learned to appreciate the **** I already bought. Rip.

I spent 99 mini-dolans just to contribute to the Nutshack craze. No joke.

It's not even that groundbreaking

When I bought Pokemon X. Lmao

Same here. Back when Sun wasn't out and even more of a waste in 2017. Really, I only bought Pokemon X after Sun's release because my SD card was 2 GB instead of 4 like what all New 3DSes should have. Seriously?

Last edited:
all the money i spent on club penguin only for most of the penguins illegally bought to be banned stolen or simply forgotten
also whenever i buy art -_- esp when it turns out baad

I should have never bought that premium membership in the Bell Tree Forums. bonus wierd doll, my ass. plus, the golf course sucks. and as it turns out, the premium membership concierge is a surly nerd, and completely unhelpful, whoda thunkit??

I'm definitely hopeless when it comes to Animal Crossing Amiibo Cards, I drop MAJOR cash on them like, every week lmao.
Also Overwatch lootboxes, only when there's a special event going on though. I drop hundreds x_x

In high school they had these ASB cards that gave us discounts on school gear & events, I think it was $35 for one.
Senior year I decided to buy one because hooray senior activities like prom and grad night and maybe football games with friends but I ended up not going to anything and I only bought a senior hoodie and yearbook which were like $5 discounts for each so I didn't really save any money.........

Oh man...isn't just about everything we buy technically useless? Let's face it, none of us are buying anything that's going to cure cancer...

That said, just about every time I go on eBay or Amazon. I've poured tons of money into old collectables that a LOT of people would consider useless garbage.

I would need many paragraphs to write about all the different Nintendo related stuff I've spent my money on. That's just one hobby. I have a ton of vinyl records. CD's. I've spent tons of money buying premium sounding speakers/amps/subwoofers/etc. for my car. Endless amounts of concert tickets. Everything that I want because I'm not married and don't have kids so I can afford to waste money on all the garbage that I consider treasure!!

Wasted time and money on amiibo figurines (back when it was super hard to get).
Now I'm trying to get the non-animal crossing amiibo figurines. ToT

GG

Also.. wasted money on kpop albums too. Heheheh. Need to sell those before groups are relevant anymore ( tbh i think they did.. so im stuck with it).

All the freaking LINE stickers I bought... Except for maybe the Nintendo sets, they're nice.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wasted time and money on amiibo figurines (back when it was super hard to get).
Now I'm trying to get the non-animal crossing amiibo figurines. ToT

GG

Lol i have 66 amiibo figures rn and i never used any of em...

My old anime figures, I don't even want them anymore to be honest. I don't like anime. Plus they were kind of expensive so to think I could have spent that money on more useful things is frustrating. :')

Speaking of... is it absolutely bonkers if I buy a Marshal or Beau amiibo card for $20+?

Back