• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What Color is the Modern Series?

Black/White or Dark Purple/Light Purple

• Black/White

Votes: 39 47.0%
  • Dark Purple/Light Purple

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • Other

Votes: 24 28.9%

• Total voters

Oblivia

<3
Staff
Administrator
Community Manager
Bells
Crescent Moon Easter Egg
Prismatic Easter Egg
Nightmare Easter Egg
Dreamy Easter Egg
Disco Ball Easter Egg
Spirit Candy: Wix
I felt the need to make a poll about this because a friend of mine and I are at serious odds as to what color this series is. We both know what the Wiki says, but we want to know what color you all see when you look at the furniture items.

Link to view the items!

So, are they black/white or darker purple/lighter purple? Vote and discuss!

I must be blind in all kinds of ways because it always looked navy blue and white/gray to me! ;A;

I must be blind in all kinds of ways because it always looked navy blue and white/gray to me! ;A;

I second this. It does have a very bluish tint to it.

EDIT: I know it's meant to be black and white though. Black is usually represented by dark blue in games for some reason. Like when I am making an avatar in a lot of games, I usually want black hair. However, their "black" hair is always just dark blue.

Last edited:
It looks blue to me... apparently it looked more black in the ACGC days, wonder why they changed it ^^;

I've definitely always viewed as navy blue/grey/white. It's definitely not black in my opinion, nor purple either.
Is this set the blue and black/white and gold dress of Animal Crossing?? :eek:

BLUE! For me it's a deep navy grey color with a lighter blue grey color. I hate that it's not true black. =[ I need more black furniture!

I always thought dark/navy blue and a white/cream type of color. Until I customized my modern set with with silver ore then it became shiny silver.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I like how the color that most to everybody is saying wasn't even an option in the poll. lol

Black and white/grey, with very faint blue undertones. Not sure how one could ever see it as purple. Maybe your friend is slightly colourblind?

Is the dress black and blue or white and gold?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Really though, it's dark blue and a blue-ish grey, but I know it's supposed to portray black and white.

Is the dress black and blue or white and gold?

That damn dress is exactly what this thread reminded me of. Now I'm having some pretty tragic flashbacks.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Anyway, it's some odd off-black & grey color.

I've always seen it as navy blue/grey. Comparing it against the modern floor which is more black/white, it definitely looks blue.

I second this. It does have a very bluish tint to it.

EDIT: I know it's meant to be black and white though. Black is usually represented by dark blue in games for some reason. Like when I am making an avatar in a lot of games, I usually want black hair. However, their "black" hair is always just dark blue.

I'm sure that you won't have blue hair for many years, Arize.

The dark parts look navy blue to me and the light parts look purplish grey with a tint of blue. I think the set as a whole looks more purple than blue because the purple in the lighter parts brings out the purple in the navy blue.

Lol, am I overthinking this?

Last edited:
Back