• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Smoking

Do you approve of smoking, and is it something you do?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smoking is an absolutely disgusting habit in my opinion. In the spirit of being completely honest, I like to think that I respect other people for smoking just because they can obviously do whatever they want but I do kind of judge people who smoke. It's more of a thing where I cannot comprehend why you would do it when you know how detrimental it is to your health and well being - which I think is certainly not worth the temporary calming effects of smoking. ALSO THE SMELL OH MY GOD IT'S JUST DOWNRIGHT NASTY.

I don't smoke and don't ever plan to. I've had a few workers offer me a cigarette a few times but I kept saying no. There were a few times were I was extremely depressed or stressed out and thought "I think I'll start smoking. I've literally have nothing to lose." I didn't actually gonthrough with it though. I have abused prescribed medication that were addictive stimulants before so I don't ever want to get hooked on any addictions ever again.

I don't smoke, but I'm fine with other people smoking. I'd prefer they do it out of the way of people who don't want to breathe it in though.

Last edited:
i can't stand the smell of smoke, nor can i stand the idea of smoking. i just don't know how someone could do something that is so detrimental to their own health.

all my friends smoke and I would like to try it someday. I don't really think too much about it though..
I only ever felt mad at smokers when my sister would take her dog out with her friends who also smoke and when she gets home the dog would smell like cancer :/

My Mom smokes like two packs a day.

She spent $55 on just a few packs as well.

Big waste of money imo!

I have to walk through clouds of cigarette smoke so often tbh and it makes me so upset, especially when people just stand near me and smoke bc I have asthma and I also hate the smell. I've had someone light a smoke and basically blow clouds in my face ON THE SUBWAY LIKE OMF THE NERVE.

Idc if you smoke just don't subject others to it and also, do NOT blow it in someone's face ya freakin' ***hat.

I feel the same, Stepheroo.

I shouldn't have a problem with my Mum spending $55 on just a few packs of cigs but I do... I know she's a "grown-up" and is "responsible"... but still.

I feel the same, Stepheroo.

I shouldn't have a problem with my Mum spending $55 on just a few packs of cigs but I do... I know she's a "grown-up" and is "responsible"... but still.

Yeah like omg the PRICE OF SMOKING IS CRAZY.

Strange there is such an outrage amongst people over smokers...when was the last time a group of smokers got off their face and beat somebody up because they're under the influence of nicotine? You should see the a&e here on Friday and Saturday nights. Taking up the recousrses, abusing the staff, getting into fights. All because they've have a drink
And yet the vast majority of people drink alcohol. It's very socially acceptable and a good laugh to go out and get drunk on a weekend. Drink addiction will kill you faster than smoking ever will. But drinkers are just having a good time apparently
More harmful to your own health than smoking. And harmful to other people when you drink too much or you get in the car after drinking the night before with alcohol still in your system.
When I was in hospital I spoke to 5 people who all had alcohol related illnesses. Liver failure and pancreatitis mostly. And those were just the ones met. And they weren't alcoholics, they weren't on a detox, they had just drank regularly through their lives, got to mid 30's (although one was 20's) and their bodies couldn't cope with it.
If you're actually worried about anybody's health then it should be for the regular drinkers, the person who has one or two glasses of wine in an evening, or gets off their face on a weekend.

Last edited:
people can do what they want with smoking. i personally think it's silly to start (under no peer pressure whatsoever) and you're dumber if you smoke in front of infants or in public buildings.
but honestly it makes you (most of the time) look pretty cool. and people say it relieves stress so what do i know

WTF WAS WRONG WITH ME IN 2017....IT LOOK COOL??? ARE YOU STUPIT... my opinion has changed a lot...smoking is OK! i change my vote to the second option

Last edited:
I have a problem with this poll. What if you are a smoker but you hate smoking?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Strange there is such an outrage amongst people over smokers...when was the last time a group of smokers got off their face and beat somebody up because they're under the influence of nicotine? You should see the a&e here on Friday and Saturday nights. Taking up the recousrses, abusing the staff, getting into fights. All because they've have a drink
And yet the vast majority of people drink alcohol. It's very socially acceptable and a good laugh to go out and get drunk on a weekend. Drink addiction will kill you faster than smoking ever will. But drinkers are just having a good time apparently
More harmful to your own health than smoking. And harmful to other people when you drink too much or you get in the car after drinking the night before with alcohol still in your system.
When I was in hospital I spoke to 5 people who all had alcohol related illnesses. Liver failure and pancreatitis mostly. And those were just the ones met. And they weren't alcoholics, they weren't on a detox, they had just drank regularly through their lives, got to mid 30's (although one was 20's) and their bodies couldn't cope with it.
If you're actually worried about anybody's health then it should be for the regular drinkers, the person who has one or two glasses of wine in an evening, or gets off their face on a weekend.

I agree with you. Smokers by themselves are not violent. Now if they're alcoholics... that'd be a different story. I even googled "are cig smokers violent" and only received information that if they're trying to quit, that they can be violent. I think that's common sense. Common sense isn't common though.

Last edited:

people arent worried about smokers going out and hitting people, lmao. many just think it is gross and bad for people around who have to inhale the smoke. alcohol is definitely also a problem but casual controlled drinking (drinking once in a while u know not like drunk ppl bothering everyone, thats a big problem) doesnt affect other people in the same way casual smoking does. as for their own health i dont really care that much, it costs society a lot but it is their own body and their choice if they wanna smoke or drink.

I have a problem with this poll. What if you are a smoker but you hate smoking?

I'm sorry, I just don't think that would be a substantial amount of people. I would call those people the ones who are trying to stop being addicted.

I don't like it the smell makes me feel sick. I'm pretty sure it's natural for most people to hold their breath when they go past someone smoking. It's just unpleasant.

I highly disapprove of it, never smoked in my life, and I hate the smell of cigarettes.

Which is why when my brother started smoking I was pretty upset not just for the damage to his (and my whole family's) health, but also because the smell would often escape his bedroom and invade the whole 2nd floor. I know I'm probably just a wuss but when the stench was particularly bad it legit gave me headaches.

Luckily he managed to quit. I know it's not an easy thing to do and he struggled quite a bit to accomplish this goal so I'm proud of him, despite the fact that I was mad he started in the first place. Hopefully things will stay this way now.

Last edited:
I smoke but I tend to keep it more in private places. I get nobody wants to smell my second hand smoke so normally I only smake at home or in my car if the people I'm with smoke too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back