Smoking

Do you approve of smoking, and is it something you do?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smoking is terrible. My parents smoked and I honestly blame that for the fact that I have occasional breathing issues. I've never smoked myself. I can't stand the smell so much that I can't even really be friends with smokers because the smell is on their hair and clothes.

always have to walk fast so i can get ahead of a smoker

please smoke somewhere that isnt in my face

I think it's gross and not worth the health risks really, I've not smoked myself and I don't plan on doing so either, but I have friends who smoke and such and it doesn't bother me that they do. It's their choice in the end, and they're adults so they're capable of making their own decisions. I don't mind if people smoke around me tbh, but I wouldn't do it myself personally.

I don't agree with it myself but I have no objections to what other people decide to do. Although I did experience a time when I was walking down a street and a man walked past me with a cigarette in his hand and deliberately blew the smoke in my face. There was really no need for it, people can be so inconsiderate and obnoxious sometimes it's unreal. :/

Last edited:
I think its really stupid that people would try them after knowing they dont benefit you and harm you. like i know people go skydiving or dangerous things for thrill but theres nothing thrilling or daredevil-ish about smoking. its just harming yourself for no good reason and when people say like "well its not my fault i got addicted" its just......you know they were addictive why did you try it?? and i also hate the government for not making them illegal because they make so much money. Instead they just go "well i mean we'll just tell people theyre dangerous n let them do what they want" like jeez its so stupid

I hate it, it kills people and hurts the environment, there's really nothing good about it if we're exclusively talking about cigarettes.

I do not smoke. Never have, and never will. It is a completely pointless and destructive habit. Recently I've been trying to drop habits like that, like how I stopped drinking pop and sugary drinks.

I'm not gonna lie, this is who and what I think of when I think of smoking though:
Kurt_Cobain-Smoking_B.jpg

I voted that I absolutely hate smoking. Having said that I will not judge or say anything if someone smokes, because that's their choice and I respect that.

Was raised around normal cigarettes and pot, so you'd expect me to be a smoker myself but tbh I hate it so damn much. It's disgusting. I wouldn't be able to date someone who smokes, either.

My mother used to smoke all the time around me when I was a child, now I have zero tolerance to smoking and I can barely breathe when around smoke therefore it messed up my lungs so no I do not approve of it.

I've never smoked and don't like being around smokers really. The smoke catches in my throat and makes me cough.

My parents would constantly smoke in the house when I was a baby/kid and I hate it so much, it smells so bad.
I don't care if people choose to smoke, but please do it nowhere near me!

Smoking cigarettes is so terrible for you its not funny... besides obvious lung related medical things, the tar inside them has terrible affects all over the body. Not to mention they can affect the epigenetics (regulation of your DNA without changing the actual sequence of DNA itself) of your body.

so yeah I smoke a pack a day I would never smoke a cigarette ever.
Things like marijuana are proven to not be as bad for you and have beneficial effects on anxiety and stress without the terrible side effects caused by the other chemicals in cigarettes (like tar and such)

No, I tried it a while ago, and just couldn't get into it. The taste was disgusting and so was the smell. It also did nothing for me but make me feel slightly light headed.

Disclaimer: I am a cannabis user(medical card) and do occasionally take a hit from a water pipe. However, for daily use I use my vape. I run and swim quite a bit, so I need my lungs to be clear. Vaporizers are a life saver.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back