• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Smoking

Do you approve of smoking, and is it something you do?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 194390

Not now and not ever in a million years. Personally this is just me but I think I'd rather not have yellow teeth, smell terrible and do something that would eventually kill me. I have a very low opinion of people who smoke mostly due to the reasons usually used as to WHY they start smoking "because I wanted to fit in with my friends" - "because I needed an escape!!" complete weakness and cowardice. Sorry that what I'm saying might offend some of you, but I'm just calling it what it is. There are much other ways to cope with things other than turning to drugs and cigarettes, be a little bit more openminded please...

View attachment 194391

Weakness and cowardice? Who do you think you are?
I defy anybody to have lived through what I have and call me weak for having a bloody cigarette.

the person saying anyone who's ever smoked is a piece of ****... is telling us to be open minded. alrighty then.

what about people who self harm as a way to cope with issues instead of do drugs? are they just little *****es? maybe there's other reasons people do these things besides "they're just weak and stupid" :O

Last edited:
I hate the smell of smoke when the smoker doesn't really care when they are in a public space...

View attachment 194413

Nobody is? But by your comment before of "Please be open-minded because it is an addiction" Not only was it a failed attempt to try to mock me by copying my choice of wording, but it also makes no sense. Translation of that: "Please don't blame people who become smokers, they're addicted to it so it's not their fault". By that comment you are trying to victimize them and you can't victimize an action such as smoking when it's a CHOICE. So you are talking about ME having a "lame argument" when you say something such as that? So Pot, when's Kettle joining this debate?

So because I stated my opinion which is TRUE, it's not opinionated like about how smoking is a choice and giving common examples of why people start smoking which is also true means you have the right to stoop down to insulting me with calling me "disrespectful"? My turn for a prediction: you are one of those people who can't handle the opinion of others and when you are back into a corner, you pull the 'write the last comment and walk away' tactic. Don't start debates when you can't handle it.

View attachment 194414

HE NEED SUM MILk

ok Jack Nicholson but you have continuously contradicted yourself, telling people to be open-minded when your opinion is anything but open-minded. Yeah, people who smoke choose to smoke, but you cannot shun people because they do.

I ain't some weakass chicken nugget milky tea ok, your argument wasn't worth continuing but here you are, still using the same "let's attack other people and use dumb responses so I can show them how much of a HYPOCRITE I am!" The tea is stronger when you leave it to brew darling. ;) Please, again, try to be more openminded and positive.

I am a Professional Basement Dweller™.

- - - Post Merge - - -

"Don't start debates when you can't handle it."

tumblr_mc9rwbrur81qhhxd4o2_500.gif

Last edited:
Smoking has its pros and cons, we all know this so how about you all stop the arguing because you've all literally repeated yourself several times? Some of you are acting childish and its really sad to see, so just stop.

I personally believe smoking has more downfalls than benefits, you can get long term health problems or you can get temporary stress relief...I don't agree with smoking because it affects my health (I'm asthmatic) and it affects the environment. There are other ways you can get stress relief (usually there is always an alternative source of stress relief) but unfortunately they just aren't for some people and that's really sad, so smoking is the only way they can feel better but it's only temporary stress relief! So people should get other means of help, but like I said before, they can't. If people have no other way of stress relief then I don't blame them for smoking and I have sympathy for them but if they smoke anywhere near me I'll lose respect for them because like I said I'm asthmatic and it affects me too. (People die from second hand smoking you know)

I'm not even going to talk about peer pressure or the addiction because of the mob mentality you people have!

It's a really weird topic when you actually go into it and this thread is showcasing that well.

If you plan on replying negatively I won't reply so save your fingers for something more important, okay? K...

Last edited:
I have to second LinkToTheWorld and animalcrisscross's points. Even though I personally never plan on smoking cigarettes because my grandpa died in 1988 from a heart attack when he was only 60 years old because he smoked for most of his life, I don't judge people for it because it's like all other addictions basically (obesity, drugs, alcohol, etc.). It's not good for your health but people do it for stress-related reasons.

I don't enjoy the idea of smoking nor do I like the idea of the side effects - I'm already asthmatic lmao. I don't really care if anyone else does it tho. If they're educated about the risks and side effects then that's their decision - it's their body and their choice. I don't agree with smoking around infants because it's been proven to seriously affect their health (same with smoking while pregnant), but as long as it only affects you then that's your prerogative.

I have to second LinkToTheWorld and animalcrisscross's points. Even though I personally never plan on smoking cigarettes because my grandpa died in 1988 from a heart attack when he was only 60 years old because he smoked for most of his life, I don't judge people for it because it's like all other addictions basically (obesity, drugs, alcohol, etc.). It's not good for your health but people do it for stress-related reasons.

I just wanted to add that these sort of habits aren't always just stress related. Sometimes peopleb simply like the activity. And yeah, bad habits can cut years from your life, but no one lives forever, and I know for sure I don't want to even live to the point where I can't take care of myself anymore. That doesn't mean I'm going to take up smoking, but I will indulge myself with drink since that's my vice. Others will feel differently.

smoking is so so so stupid i feel like the kids in my grade only do it because its cool or something?????? um you realize this is a bad decision right????? ive been offered cigarettes a bunch of times and always say no. sorry but i dont need that in my life! its not worth it at all and its so annoying

I don't really care if someone smokes, as long as they're respectful of the people around them.

Any time I'm asked by a smoker if I've smoked, they all praise me for having never tried it. :p

Never smoked in my life. I don't mind people smoking if they're courteous to the people around them. Some people have severe asthma and that ain't any fun to trigger it

i smoke cigs and it sucks but whatever im addicted. maybe one day ill stop. and to those who say ppl shouldnt smoke in public thats like saying you shouldnt eat food in public because i dont like that type of food. just **** off, no one needs your negativity. i understand that maybe you might have respiratory issues and i will respect that if thats the case. but literally just walk away.

4 example; this one time it was raining outside and i was waiting for my ride to pick me up from exiting the restaurant we just ate at. this older-middle aged lady asks me to move away and the only place for me to get ****ing drenched. idk i just put it out but like my thought was damn what a *****.

Last edited:
I smoke but I'm very respectful about it. I'll go outside no matter what the weather and I never smoke in the car. Trying to stop tho :/

I mean to be fair there's no such thing as secondhand eating

But still, people are more likely to suffer from the effects of car fumes than from a bit of second hand smoke.
And the smell of things like drain cleaner always gets on my lungs mich worse than cigarette smoke. And bleach...anything with that chemical type smell irritates me

Last edited:
i smoke cigs and it sucks but whatever im addicted. maybe one day ill stop. and to those who say ppl shouldnt smoke in public thats like saying you shouldnt eat food in public because i dont like that type of food. just **** off, no one needs your negativity. i understand that maybe you might have respiratory issues and i will respect that if thats the case. but literally just walk away.

4 example; this one time it was raining outside and i was waiting for my ride to pick me up from exiting the restaurant we just ate at. this older-middle aged lady asks me to move away and the only place for me to get ****ing drenched. idk i just put it out but like my thought was damn what a *****.

were you smoking or did she just didnt like that u smelled like smoke ... bc if you were smoking i mean it's gross for the people around you and if someone asks you to move away a bit or stop it because it is bothering them it is a good idea to respect them and do that maybe ...

and not believing in facts doesnt make them less true wtf studies have showm that second hand smoking increases the risk for cancer and w/e. https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/secondhand_smoke/general_facts/

it's not respectful to eat smelly food or wear a ton of perfume in public either. but you cant justify your own behaviour with "everyone else does it"

also i think second hand is a myth
Is that why you're so oblivious? Also you say you don't need our negativity (I'm asthmatic, so its natural that I'm going to be annoyed by people who smoke around me)
but you are producing more negativity to us by smoking and just walking away doesn't help, its everywhere.

Here.

So you think the smoke that comes from the cigarette only effects the smoker? Seriously? People die or have serious health problems because people who smoke are too dumb to realise what they are really doing to themselves and the people around them because they have so little respect or intelligence.

Smokers can try to avoid people who don't smoke because it's a respectful thing to do, because unlike smokers we want to avoid health problems.

I'm not talking about all smokers, I'm talking about the smokers who don't care or realise what their really doing

- - - Post Merge - - -

I mean to be fair there's no such thing as secondhand eating

Look guys I got fat because the guy beside me ate a whole pizza!

Last edited:
Is that why you're so oblivious? Also you say you don't need our negativity (I'm asthmatic, so its natural that I'm going to be annoyed by people who smoke around me)
but you are producing more negativity to us by smoking and just walking away doesn't help, its everywhere.

Here.

So you think the smoke that comes from the cigarette only effects the smoker? Seriously? People die or have serious health problems because people who smoke are too dumb to realise what they are really doing to themselves and the people around them because they have so little respect or intelligence.

Smokers can try to avoid people who don't smoke because it's a respectful thing to do, because unlike smokers we want to avoid health problems.

I'm not talking about all smokers, I'm talking about the smokers who don't care or realise what their really doing

lol people die period. some now and some later kid. and before you start insulting me, im not an ass hole. im actually extremely nice. but you dont know me and you probably never will and that's okay I think i'll be fine. ^_^

Last edited:
lol people die period. some now and some later kid. and before you start insulting me, im not an ass hole. im actually extremely nice. but you dont know me and you probably never will and that's okay I think i'll be fine. ^_^

I wasn't going to insult you.

I wouldn't like to meet someone who doesn't give a damn about other people's health and doesn't accept the fact that second hand smoking is a thing anyway, I think I'll be fine without knowing you too. ^___^

Yes people die, lmao isn't that funny? Smoking = cancer, breathing problems and so on and you're doing more than just killing people when you smoke you're making them suffer for the rest of their lives but people die anyways so whatever, right?

I'm just going to agree to disagree because I don't feel like arguing, have a nice day "kid".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back