• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Not-Animal Crossing (game project)

oh wow this is amazing so far! keep going, its lookin really good so far

Thanks for the support everyone! I'm testing fish AI right now...plus, a bit more believable lighting for the day-night cycle.

Omg this looks so cool! Keep up the good work!

this looks amazing please keep us updated !!!! makes me wanna make games again

i've just been scrolling through this thread and let me say this looks absolutely amazing and you make it seem so simple. if this does become a game there is NO DOUBT that i will play the heck out of it. i support this and i love your pixels so much!!!!!!!!

Fishing is ready to go. I'll post some screenshots soon.

On a similar note, I've been working on bug and fish lists.

this looks cool you should just make it a fox on a adventure game instead of animal crossing

this looks cool you should just make it a fox on a adventure game instead of animal crossing

The game will be copyright free. I don't have the time to dedicate to a specialized adventure game which is why I'm opting for the "village simulation" route.

Bug and fish list is capped at 185 species.

The game will be copyright free. I don't have the time to dedicate to a specialized adventure game which is why I'm opting for the "village simulation" route.

Bug and fish list is capped at 185 species.

I think having it as a village simulation would be better than just an adventure game. There are already so many average adventure games like this but a village sim. would be really cool I think! It looks awesome so far!

Some larger fish are swimming out of the water...need to fix this...then screenshots will follow.

I've been doing some "world building" tweaks recently. That means finding a way to animate the ocean, sorting out sand tiles, working on ponds. Maybe buildings eventually.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Fishing is more-or-less ready to go. It is apparently not possible to upload perfect gifs, so once again you'll have to just ignore the crazy graphic freakouts present:

oi35M3Z.gif

Last edited:
^
this looks amazing! I'm excited to see the end result!

Back