Not-Animal Crossing (game project)

oh wow this is amazing so far! keep going, its lookin really good so far

Thanks for the support everyone! I'm testing fish AI right now...plus, a bit more believable lighting for the day-night cycle.

i've just been scrolling through this thread and let me say this looks absolutely amazing and you make it seem so simple. if this does become a game there is NO DOUBT that i will play the heck out of it. i support this and i love your pixels so much!!!!!!!!

Fishing is ready to go. I'll post some screenshots soon.

On a similar note, I've been working on bug and fish lists.

this looks cool you should just make it a fox on a adventure game instead of animal crossing

The game will be copyright free. I don't have the time to dedicate to a specialized adventure game which is why I'm opting for the "village simulation" route.

Bug and fish list is capped at 185 species.

The game will be copyright free. I don't have the time to dedicate to a specialized adventure game which is why I'm opting for the "village simulation" route.

Bug and fish list is capped at 185 species.

I think having it as a village simulation would be better than just an adventure game. There are already so many average adventure games like this but a village sim. would be really cool I think! It looks awesome so far!

Some larger fish are swimming out of the water...need to fix this...then screenshots will follow.

I've been doing some "world building" tweaks recently. That means finding a way to animate the ocean, sorting out sand tiles, working on ponds. Maybe buildings eventually.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Fishing is more-or-less ready to go. It is apparently not possible to upload perfect gifs, so once again you'll have to just ignore the crazy graphic freakouts present:

oi35M3Z.gif

Last edited:
^
this looks amazing! I'm excited to see the end result!

Back