• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Not-Animal Crossing (game project)

Silversea

Savannah Queen
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
2440-7613-8427
Spring Sakura
Holiday Candy Cane 2017
The Bell Tree Fair 2017 Patch
Blue Hybrid Pansy
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
New Year's Party Popper
Red Feather
Green Feather
Yellow Feather
Blue Feather
xeVCeB7.png

I've been working on Animal Crossing inspired games for a while, and I've learned a lot about coding over the years. Now I think I am ready to actually create something great and this thread will be the documentation of this process.

My goal is to create a real-time game (with seasons and time of day based on the PC clock) in the style of Animal Crossing, although as original content and not a fangame. Much of it will be greatly inspired by AC however, and parts from other games too. The usual hobbies apply, with some new ideas I have had, and expansions on concepts we already know and love in the series.

I will be posting artwork and progress notes throughout this thread. Think of it as a gallery of themed pieces (the theme being the project tying them all together). I don't usually see threads like this the Museum so this should be interesting.

Some WIP screenshots below (August 2017):

eBT9qL3.png

Gik6mc1.png

f1UGPaA.png

Last edited:
That fox is really cute!
Good job on it :)

Last edited:
Thanks guys.

edit. I've never done isometric sprites before so I tried it out. That's the extra two sprites on this lineup:

q7ko7T6.png

Thanks guys.

edit. I've never done isometric sprites before so I tried it out. That's the extra two sprites on this lineup:

q7ko7T6.png

You really pulled it off, I would say, perfectly. They can easily end up looking warped but that didn't happen here! GJ!!!

For fun, I made walking animations and made a little project in javascript. I went for mouse movement over keyboard since it was more fluid.

Now if I had lots of free time, I could even make a game out of it. There is some gif compression but it's quite close to what it should be.

CXoyV4p.gif

Last edited:
For fun, I made walking animations and made a little project in javascript. I went for mouse movement over keyboard since it was more fluid.

Now if I had lots of free time, I could even make a game out of it. There is some gif compression but it's quite close to what it should be.

CXoyV4p.gif

THAT LOOKS SO GOOD.

I am really amazed with where this is going, hoenstly.

Oops I forgot about this.

It looks a bit better now I promise

tTVFoPF.gif

I guess I'm committed now (sorry, the gif quality isn't great).

And the dAMN currency doesn't display correctly but otherwise yay.

Last edited:
Love this~
Your so talented!

Last edited:
I'm still not quite satisfied with water animation so I've been messing with that (again the gif isn't saving colours properly but you get the gist of it).

The more bluish hues are because of the day/night cycle. Eventually the evening cycle will go from green-orange-blue but right now it just does green-blue.

tTPOnd6.gif

Also a fishing rod because why not.

Ah, this is so adorable!! I hope this gets finished, it looks like an amazing project.

This is really amazing! I think the animation looks really rad and I love the little pop-ups when they pick the flower and stuff, looks really neat!

Back