• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Not-Animal Crossing (game project)

uhhh this is adorable and i had a blast scrolling thru this thread, the art of vincent was really cute! i'm excited to see more of the villagers

Not forgotten: just been busy recently. Clothing system pretty much finished, just need to add some buttons and it is good to go. Then I'll need to update portraits to show said clothing...

And then...hmm...maybe it is time to add the net to the game. Although, first I need to draw all the fish so that system is over and done with.

Last edited:
Does an option of shirtlessness still interest you too? Your portraits didn't look compatible with no shirt at all last time. Just... wondering.
The net! Our strongest weapon against villagers we don't like. I wonder if yours will hit us back. oo;

Yes I will probably have a "no shirt" option in at least for testing purposes. The portraits have a temporary line indicating where shirt would be, but that is easy to remove.

So amazing watching the progress of this! Excited for the demo whenever it comes out (I'm literally willing to wait years - this looks amazing!)

It won't be this year I expect. Could not estimate a time yet, sometimes things come up and I'm busy for a while.

A demo though will occur when the following are complete:

-shops
-player house (maybe villager houses if time permits)
-intro sequence
-basic tree and flower types
-benches and environment stuff

Last edited:
Proof that clothing is being worked on (I just need to make the clothing actually apply to the character):

Y49s4rQ.png

The catalog will be a bit different to Animal Crossing. When you receive an item, you'll have the option to add it to the catalog, which is permanent. However from that point on it'll be usable at any time. No more closets full of items...

Last edited:
Took me a moment to realize that this is not a glitch, but that it really is December. This year has gone way too fast.
eK47eVX.png

Clothing is implemented and I'm doing a tree update right now. Willow, maple and cedar trees first up, followed by the various fruit trees. Several new fruit trees involved, including plum.

I realized that my town currently has more spaces than Wild World (but less than the Gamecube games). Just over 6000 spaces.

Here is the player info which I don't believe I've shown yet. The clothing is accessed through there.
T2NraVz.png

Last edited:
Love the look of the snow! Glad to hear there's going to be more fruit varieties as well! Coming along amazingly!

Wow the art looks really nice. Good luck with this project. Are you using the Unity engine or Game Maker? I heard both are good 2D engines.

Wow the art looks really nice. Good luck with this project. Are you using the Unity engine or Game Maker? I heard both are good 2D engines.

This is with Game Maker.

Notes: Right now I'm actually working out a plan of attack for buildings. I want to first focus on the player's house, which means designing the layout and also furniture placement.

Soon after I want to finish the fish system, which may mean Museum is close by. I have to work out the net from scratch and that may take a while, so I'm putting it off for a little bit.

Last edited:
2018 update: I have a habit of switching projects to keep interest. I'll be back to this shortly.

I was still hoping you weren't gone for good, thanks for clarifying. This is still the greatest upcoming game.

Last edited:
Back