• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Discriminating Experiences (In-Game & Real Life)

well one time i went to tortimer's island and they called my outfit ugly.

so i turned off the wifi :^) my afro is fabulous and you will not disrespect it

I understand why you all don't like the word "triggered" and I will stop using it on these threads. :)

apparently being a girl in battlefield 1 is "attention-seeking", "whore-like", and i'm just "screwing around" like ok lol i can't play video games seriously because i like them??

No more than how men aren't allowed to watch children's cartoons or play children's games like Animal Crossing. :p

apparently being a girl in battlefield 1 is "attention-seeking", "whore-like", and i'm just "screwing around" like ok lol i can't play video games seriously because i like them??

Can say I've definitely experienced something very similar in MMO communities. I used to love helping new players in my guild when I played Tera, and of course it was taken the wrong way by some male individuals who misinterpret your intentions and claim that you're just being an "attention whore" or catfishing. It's frustrating at times but oh well. Is it not okay to be nice? :v

I remember playing Game Of War and I actually quit one of my jumpers because the alliance leader started becoming sexist. Females couldn't get deputy or anything. He was dead-on being sexist. Great guy, otherwise... actually one of the greatest jumping alliances I was in. Spent $$$ for people, etc. Everything got bummed when he started becoming highkey sexist.

The two other visitors start commenting asking me the normal questions whenever someone brings up anything relating to or anything LGBT. "Are you gay?", "Do you believe in God?", et cetera. Through this they find out that I'm gay and that if God-Satan existed that I would side with Satan. They start discriminating telling me I'm going to burn in hell for being gay and that Satan is a meanie...

They could just be Christian?

I understand why you all don't like the word "triggered" and I will stop using it on these threads. :)

That's really mature of you. A lot of people react defensively and get mad in situations like this, but you owned up to it. Good on you, man. :)

The fact that in the first few posts I saw (and maybe even after that) you kept using the word "triggered" inappropriately with such enthusiastic insistence kinda gives me the impression you're intentionally baiting people into calling you out for it. Am I wrong?

Anywho, all that happened to me was I met this 12 lil ***** on the island once who "demanded" I give her money after I told her I'd sold my previous town to Nook and got a buttload of bells for it. I basically refused and LOLed in her face and she banned me. Tbh the only thing I regret was not being quick enough to ban her myself.

So glad nintendo fixed the island with the update... otherwise I might've been in trouble if she trapped me :p

The fact that in the first few posts I saw (and maybe even after that) you kept using the word "triggered" inappropriately with such enthusiastic insistence kinda gives me the impression you're intentionally baiting people into calling you out for it. Am I wrong?

Anywho, all that happened to me was I met this 12 lil ***** on the island once who "demanded" I give her money after I told her I'd sold my previous town to Nook and got a buttload of bells for it. I basically refused and LOLed in her face and she banned me. Tbh the only thing I regret was not being quick enough to ban her myself.

So glad nintendo fixed the island with the update... otherwise I might've been in trouble if she trapped me :p

I can see why you think I baited people into thinking that but let me just tell you I had no intention. :)

I often use a word a lot once I use it once. I used "individuals" like 33 times in an essay once. Had to revise it. :)

Can say I've definitely experienced something very similar in MMO communities. I used to love helping new players in my guild when I played Tera, and of course it was taken the wrong way by some male individuals who misinterpret your intentions and claim that you're just being an "attention whore" or catfishing. It's frustrating at times but oh well. Is it not okay to be nice? :v

MMO's have always been pretty notorious for their attitudes towards women. Playing an MMO can almost be a totally different experience depending simply on the sex of your avatar, assuming you actually interact with other people.

Have to admit though that since I prefer using a female avatar anyway, I would very often take advantage of this fact and start to talk like dis :3 lol xxx I duno how to do dis basic easi thing, can you help mi?? xxx but oh noes, i has no monies! ;-; xXx Yay! Thanku!!! XXXXXXX :3 !! Thankies for the free stuffs :D xXx <3<3<? *nuzzle* Sowwi! I defo didnt no doing dat would kil u! (>'-'<) u hate mi now? </3

There's no way I would have gotten as much special treatment as I did if those players knew I was a dude...Or sent me some of the outright creepy messages I got.

On Tortimer island once, some guy made rude comments on the fact that I was "tanned" then asked me if I was that dark in real life too o_O

Last edited:
i haven't really been discriminated against besides the fact people have discriminated against me for being female. half the time i don't care even though inner savage me is very tempted to light them on fire lol

Last edited:

thats not discrimination tho, thats just her being an asshat.

I don't get discriminated too much on MMOs until sex or gender even comes into the conversation, because I don't mind telling people. But since I use a gender neutral username for all my gaming stuff, apparently people assume I'm a man in my late twenties/early thirties and I usually get a lot of respect from people when I help them out so by the time they find out I'm a female it's usually just shocking rather than disappointing to people (not that it would be to everyone, some people don't care about gender or sex on video games, which is how I see it bc it doesn't really matter imo).

The only downside is that, rather than people getting mad at me for being a female, I've gotten quite a few people that got super mad and severed ties with me because, by not basically putting a disclaimer that I WAS a female, I deceived them. I've never understood how because a lot of these people never had issues with other female players in our groups, usually, so I guess I sometimes come off so "manly" in video games and MMOs that I'm branded a liar when I reveal my female-ness.

Overall, though, I've come to realize that most likely half of the people that discriminate like that in video games and through the computer would never have the guts to actually SAY it to you in person, which shows the extent of their conviction. Or, in the OP's case, they're literally children. Or sometimes even both! hue hue

This was typed over mobile so I probably sound even more dunce-y than usual oops lol

Last edited:
I don't get discriminated too much on MMOs until sex or gender even comes into the conversation, because I don't mind telling people. But since I use a gender neutral username for all my gaming stuff, apparently people assume I'm a man in my late twenties/early thirties and I usually get a lot of respect from people when I help them out so by the time they find out I'm a female it's usually just shocking rather than disappointing to people (not that it would be to everyone, some people don't care about gender or sex on video games, which is how I see it bc it doesn't really matter imo).

The only downside is that, rather than people getting mad at me for being a female, I've gotten quite a few people that got super mad and severed ties with me because, by not basically putting a disclaimer that I WAS a female, I deceived them. I've never understood how because a lot of these people never had issues with other female players in our groups, usually, so I guess I sometimes come off so "manly" in video games and MMOs that I'm branded a liar when I reveal my female-ness.

Overall, though, I've come to realize that most likely half of the people that discriminate like that in video games and through the computer would never have the guts to actually SAY it to you in person, which shows the extent of their conviction. Or, in the OP's case, they're literally children. Or sometimes even both! hue hue

This was typed over mobile so I probably sound even more dunce-y than usual oops lol

oh wow.,. i really dont understand why they would get angry at you for that, they were the ones who assumed your gender and then they get mad at you?? wtf they were the ones who were mistaken, and if it was that important maybe they should have asked.

i have also gotten **** like this w/ people getting angry at me bc they assumed stuff about me and then it turned out that wasnt true. i really dont understand how they think it could be my fault btu Yeah ..,

triggered memes are unfunny and annoying
if you say you have real, terrifying experiences and things can trigger a breakdown people can be like "lol stupid sjw triggers don't exist crawl back into your safe space lol i am so funny what a very funny attempt at trolling"
this is also coming from someone who does have triggers and has PTSD
people saying that doesn't make me cry, it just pisses me off that people can be as braindead and as ignorant as sjws, i hate anti-sjws as much as i hate sjws

but on the same topic on mmos someone nearly gave me their entire account with membership on aq worlds just to get me to be their girlfriend and someone said that my sister who played the same game was a 28 year old man because girls don't exist or something on mmos haha girls can't play games
but then again i hate people who say "Yeah guys I GAME... iM A GAMER. IM not your...Typical Gurl :3 :p Im a Girl who play Games what a rare sight huh cmon Boys lets play :3"

Last edited:
triggered memes are unfunny and annoying
if you say you have real, terrifying experiences and things can trigger a breakdown people can be like "lol stupid sjw triggers don't exist crawl back into your safe space lol i am so funny what a very funny attempt at trolling"
this is also coming from someone who does have triggers and has PTSD
people saying that doesn't make me cry, it just pisses me off that people can be as braindead and as ignorant as sjws, i hate anti-sjws as much as i hate sjws

but on the same topic on mmos someone nearly gave me their entire account with membership on aq worlds just to get me to be their girlfriend and someone said that my sister who played the same game was a 28 year old man because girls don't exist or something on mmos haha girls can't play games
but then again i hate people who say "Yeah guys I GAME... iM A GAMER. IM not your...Typical Gurl :3 :p Im a Girl who play Games what a rare sight huh cmon Boys lets play :3"

The same girls who usually suck at the games they say they play and take the suggestive photos with controllers? THOSE SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE GIRLS. I srsly hate them, gives girl gamers a bad rep, and that's why all the boys treat us as such in games. -_-

Back