• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Discriminating Experiences (In-Game & Real Life)

The same girls who usually suck at the games they say they play and take the suggestive photos with controllers? THOSE SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE GIRLS. I srsly hate them, gives girl gamers a bad rep, and that's why all the boys treat us as such in games. -_-

hey boys got a new xbox :3
*is carrying a ps3 controller*

The same girls who usually suck at the games they say they play and take the suggestive photos with controllers? THOSE SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE GIRLS. I srsly hate them, gives girl gamers a bad rep, and that's why all the boys treat us as such in games. -_-

yeah, no, guys are perfectly capable of treating female gamers with respect. if they choose not to that's nobody's problem but their own.

and even if they "suck at games they play" WHO EVEN CARES? my god, games are supposed to be about having fun, not this self absorbed elitism. jfc.

People are brainwashed from birth to believe their religion, no matter how wrong the ideals are. I've encountered this sort of bull irl (including from my mother, who says that atheism, bisexuality, and transgender/gender fluidity does not exist. Which means I don't exist on three levels. That must be some kind of record).

yeah, no, guys are perfectly capable of treating female gamers with respect. if they choose not to that's nobody's problem but their own.

and even if they "suck at games they play" WHO EVEN CARES? my god, games are supposed to be about having fun, not this self absorbed elitism. jfc.

Uh. That first statement is 100% false. t.t There are many gamers that respect girl gamers.

- - - Post Merge - - -

People are brainwashed from birth to believe their religion, no matter how wrong the ideals are. I've encountered this sort of bull irl (including from my mother, who says that atheism, bisexuality, and transgender/gender fluidity does not exist. Which means I don't exist on three levels. That must be some kind of record).

And the best mother of the year goes to...

Uh. That first statement is 100% false. t.t There are many gamers that respect girl gamers.

I didn't say there wasn't, I was saying that gamers that don't respect other gamers because of their gender are 100% responsible for their own crappy backwards attitudes.

Ok. I misinterpreted that. My apologies. :)

i also dislike the term "girl gamers" don't call yourself one and don't call others girl gamers because they're girls. just say you like playing games that's all there should be to it

Well. We're talking about girls that play games. Girl gamers is much more shorter and simple to type than having to type... "girls that play video games"

i also dislike the term "girl gamers" don't call yourself one and don't call others girl gamers because they're girls. just say you like playing games that's all there should be to it

honestly i don't even care. the world ain't gonna end because someone calls themselves a girl gamer...

for me i play video games to improve, like if i just picked up a game i'll need to play a lot to improve, and "git gud." but there's always those people who think i pick up games to screw around and get guys, because i wasn't good at it in the first 30 minutes of playing. generally, guys are gamers. i think there are a lot more guys than girls who follow gaming accounts, let's be real. i know i watch a lot of gamer youtubers who think they only have 3 female subscribers (redmercy -eye emoji-), so gamers who are girls is rare.

and i don't think that girl gamer stereotype will change anytime soon, as i think about all those twitch streamers who wear suggestive clothing and basically feed off the stereotype of a girl gamer. however, i hate the fact that i'm treated as less of a gamer, like i play games just like you, and i enjoy it just like you. there's no ulterior motive. i'm not playing to be popular with guys, nor seek attention. i'm playing video games for me, that's it.

also i'd like to share that although i'm not very good at battlefield yet, i got number one in one of the game modes, here's a pic:
IMG_4160.jpg

I don't really like the gender discrimination in PE/gym. I wasn't included that much because I was a girl. I understand guys not wanting to pass the football to a girl just standing there or chatting off to the side. However, I was actively trying to participate in pretty much every sport and actually doing something beneficial.

Last edited:
I have been discriminated against for being Chinese, even though I'm Filipino. I don't care though, since racists are worth nothing to me. But I always stand up for the people around me if they are targeted.

I don't really like the gender discrimination in PE/gym. I wasn't included that much because I was a girl. I understand guys not wanting to pass the football to a girl just standing there or chatting off to the side. However, I was actively trying to participate in pretty much every sport and actually doing something beneficial.

yeah this sucksss. and it keeps going, like, in my school many of the girls stopped trying because they knew the boys wouldnt pass them if they tried or not. if the girls arent trying the boys are even less likely to pass them and then the girls will not participate at all because there is no point... my teacher was good with trying to put together teams that would work well together but you could still see these things happening a lot.i dont even get why winning matters so much to some, i mean it is gym class not some olympics game or w/e ):<

Yeah but i just ignore it. I don't get offended easily :D

i haven't had any discriminatory experiences. ive been harassed & people have said horrible things, but words are just words for me. people are more sensitive than others but i don't care, it's best not to give them what they want.

Last edited:

honestly that has never really happened to me. maybe it's just my school district or area, but it's a rule that girls cannot slack or stand on the side talking, or we'll get an F. That, and I have really bad anxiety when people throw things at me, football, frisbees, you name it. I have terrible hand-eye coordination when I'm not ready, and when a guy who's muscular and built makes eye contact with you and throws you a football in a blink of an eye, my puny, small body gets scared and freezes up. I guess that also makes for the "girls aren't athletic" stereotype, but trust me, I want to be athletic and join in on the fun, but I'm just really bad at it.

honestly that has never really happened to me. maybe it's just my school district or area, but it's a rule that girls cannot slack or stand on the side talking, or we'll get an F. That, and I have really bad anxiety when people throw things at me, football, frisbees, you name it. I have terrible hand-eye coordination when I'm not ready, and when a guy who's muscular and built makes eye contact with you and throws you a football in a blink of an eye, my puny, small body gets scared and freezes up. I guess that also makes for the "girls aren't athletic" stereotype, but trust me, I want to be athletic and join in on the fun, but I'm just really bad at it.

That might have been a rule at my school, but either the teachers weren't paying enough attention (my gym class had to share the gym with two other classes) or people didn't care about their grades. I look short and scrawny too (Asian genes), which probably doesn't help. All I really did in team sports was chase after things (such as grabbing people's flags in flag football, getting the basketball when someone missed the hoop, and running after the puck in floor hockey) because people didn't trust me with doing anything athletic. Found out I could run like the wind though.

Last edited:
On the topic of PE, back in late 2011, I was called homophobic slurs and yelled at violently by my Wonderful™, Amazing™, Outstanding™ hetero classmate who took PE way too seriously. The reason? I didn't put any effort into playing dodgeball and his team lost. F me, right? I'm the cause of all his misfortune. :'-( Tragic.
He harassed me for a few weeks after that and never failed to greet me with a homophobic greeting.

I can't rly make new friends irl bc nobody wants to talk to me and idk what causes it, I think it could be bc of the fact that I like guys?? :confused:

Last edited:
I cannot wrap my mind around how intolerant people are of LGBTQ!

It's our lives. It's our body. It's our heart.

Back