• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Which video game series have you stopped playing?

I played Sims 2 and 3 on as many consoles (+pc) as possible, but I just couldn't get into Sims 4 at all.

Star Fox is probably the big one for me. But to a lesser extent, I'd also say Sonic, Castlevania, Rayman, and Final Fantasy.

Uncharted. I feel like the series has gotten stale after the first two. Graphics/presentation alone don't sway me.

Last edited:
Zelda and Rollercoaster tycoon.
It seems like Zelda is like everything moving into co-op. Which is cool but I like to play games by myself.
I loved windwaker it's my favorite. But then they did phantom hourglass which was kind of...lame and boring? Then spirit tracks and I went realllyyyyy now? Then skyward sword after five hours I returned it after getting flat out lost two of those hours and wondering when it was going to feel like Zelda. A link between worlds was so super fun loved it. But then they followed it with triforce hero's and hyrule warriors not my thing. Breath of the wild looks pretty good but I'm so done with it at this point.
Makes me sad it feels like gaming is turning into co-op, dlc, and remakes sometimes. I get it. I just feel kinda annoyed sometimes over it.

the last game I had that I enjoyed was sonic heroes (don't judge me)

Heroes and Generations are the only good Sonic games to come out in the last decade or so. You have good taste, no worries.

I haven't played any new Metroid games since Fusion/Zero Mission. I have the Prime Trilogy but haven't played it yet.

Well, tbh this sounds kinda stupid especially on this forum, but I've sort of stopped playing Animal Crossing games. I'm getting ready to go to college and start a new life as an adult, and I just don't have the time or patience to sit for hours and play the games anymore. I feel like the only way I would really get into it again is if a new game was released (which I doubt will happen anytime soon, but I really hope it's released for the Switch). I also used to play Spongebob games on the PS2 and Spyro games on the PS1. Kinda grew out of those, but once in a while I go back to them to relive childhood memories.

I don't have a wide range of favorite game series. I'm kinda like a video game hermit. I've mostly stuck with Nintendo games, specifically Animal Crossing, SMB, and Zelda. For the latter two, I still play them just as much as I did when I was younger (maybe less because I'm more busy now). I never really "stopped" playing a game series. As a matter of fact, I'm just getting started. ^^

Now if only I could figure out how to play Metroid on my NES...

Sadly I've stopped playing new Pokemon games. X sucked and Sun/Moon looked uninteresting to me so I haven't bought them. I liked ORAS strictly because it was in gen 3's world, a world that I love. I feel like the newer Pokemon generations are rushed or don't feel like Pokemon anymore. So I'm basically done with buying new Pokemon games.

Sonic is a hit or miss. Mostly miss. I've only really liked Adventure 2, Heroes and Advance 2&3. The rest I could pass on.

Animal Crossing doesn't appeal to me anymore. I used to have two copies of ACNL and a copy of every other game (released in the UK) too, but now I only have Let's Go to The City which hasn't been touched for about a year. Not really sure why I stopped playing, but I can't seem to get myself back into it. Every time I have the money to get it again, something else comes up that I want. This year will surely be no different with MA: Andromeda, Persona 5, the FFVII remake and TLOU2 being released (and I still want to get the FFXV season pass). Right now my DS is just used to play MGS3D by me and Professor Layton by my mum.

Last edited:
Pokemon, unfortunately. :( I'll always love the franchise to be fair, but the games just haven't really held my interest whenever I've picked one up over the last good while. Alpha Sapphire took me a good two years of playing on and off to finish, and I don't think I have any more than 10-ish hours logged on Sun.

Animal crossing, I quit ages ago and it's just so non appealing.

I'm also slowly phasing out of Pok?mon which is kinda surprising to me but it just doesn't click with me anymore.

Back