• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Where should I put my campsite?

Amy-chan

back in AC hell
Bells
Tasty Cake
Cake
Map:
HNI_0084.JPG
I want to plant cedars around it, so it should be located in the upper half of the town. Also, I'd like to put some PWPs around it (bonfire, log bench, water pump, ect.).

It would look cute to the left of the plaza, or maybe even underneath it as you'd have a view of the river. It's up to you!

If you decide on putting it left of the plaza, make sure you are as far from the plaza as possible. Isabelle is really picky about putting pwp's too close to it. Something as big as a campfire would have to be around 5 or more spaces away from it.

If you're wanting lots of space to decorate around it, maybe place it under town hall?

Be wary of putting PWPs near the plaza more so if it's permanent. I'm not sure if those PWPs would fit there but that part under the town tree is a good spot. Also, I like the spot on the left of the town hall or beside the left-most character house. Those are pretty big spots (barring the rock placements) though my ideal place would be on the lower half of your map near the Re-tail, most specifically above that pond over there, that is, if it'd be okay for you not to have the cedar trees but put the bamboo or normal saplings instead. Good luck :)

Be wary of putting PWPs near the plaza more so if it's permanent. I'm not sure if those PWPs would fit there but that part under the town tree is a good spot. Also, I like the spot on the left of the town hall or beside the left-most character house. Those are pretty big spots (barring the rock placements) though my ideal place would be on the lower half of your map near the Re-tail, most specifically above that pond over there, that is, if it'd be okay for you not to have the cedar trees but put the bamboo or normal saplings instead. Good luck :)
The spot behind Re-Tail has like 2 rocks preventing me from building anything there. :(

Gosh, that's supposed to be one of the perfect spots :( I'm sure you thought about that too (if not for the rocks), but then, there are still other ideal spots.

Whoa look at that map. So organized!
I'd put it left of the town square. There's a pond so it even looks more nature-y.

I think it would be convenient if it were to the left of the plaza. Then whenever you go up to the shops, you can check the campsite for visitors as well.

It depends on the layout of your town and you'll have to judge the space you're working with but if you're going to want the Caf? as well I would either:
a) Place the campsite under the Town Hall with cedar trees behind it forming an irregular wall, and maybe a row of bushes behind those trees forming a fence, and then a path with flowers horizontally on the other side of the fence leading up to Town Hall by "circling" the campsite grounds. PWPs and scenery somewhere around the front of the campsite close to the pond. Place the Caf? to the left of the town plaza with a fountain and flowers or something in front of it.
b) Do the opposite, but then the campsite would be next to the train tracks and close to the other RV campgrounds, which makes it noisy for campers and redundant to have the two campgrounds so close to one another, even though to the game it's all the same. But this is just my personal opinion, some people view it in a different way and they probably decorate better than I do.
:D
Last resort, relocate some of your villagers by moving them out and if you care get them back some other way into a different place, to free up some space. Maybe in the southwest of the map?

Last edited:
I think left to the plaza is the best spot, you would be able to build other PWPs too since you want to

I think it depends on where you want to put your cafe in the future!
I would put the camp site under the plaza- if Isabelle would let me, of course.

Hm... would you mind posting some screenshots of the areas that other people suggested? Sometimes a spot looks good on the map, but if you go there, it doesn't work too well.

Back