Progression or Conservation?

Progression or Conservation?

• Total voters
Progression leads to innovation, and innovation leads to invention, and invention leads to wonders that were thought to be impossible or magic. One good example is virtual reality. People years back thought that virtual reality would be impossible to achieve and only existed in sci-fi movies, WELL GUESS WHAT I GUESS REAL LIFE IS A SCI-FI MOVIE. (Oh wait that would actually be pretty cool.)

progression we really do need to make things better and move forward

Progression is our best friend, you would have literally nothing if people had really narrow minds and decided they wanted to live like apes all those years ago.

To that one person who voted conservation, you're a hipster aren't you?

Last edited:
Boring answer of course lol but obviously one must always have a nice balance of both. Values are important so long as they protect people, but not when they get in the way of innovation.

Still, if innovation were left to run wild with no values.... well, we wouldn't still have many benefits we have today.

Free internet information, for one. Perfect example of how values (net neutrality) don't get in the way of, but guide the use of technological innovations.

Progression. My friends would disagree because they don't like the way other cultures do things and they're very stuck in their ways, but oh well.

Oh, by conservation I thought you meant conserving energy or something. Lmao.

Definitely progression. Want cancer to keep killing others? As a race to survive, we need to keep growing and getting better.

Progress to the point where we can finally say we no longer need to change anything.

y doesn't this include stuff like conserving history or anything it would've made the decision a little more thought provoking (with more info tho I'm too lazy to explain or clarify)

y doesn't this include stuff like conserving history or anything it would've made the decision a little more thought provoking (with more info tho I'm too lazy to explain or clarify)

the point was what specifically comes to mind when the words come up. i leave it open so its thought provoking. what thoughts come to mind, when regarding the two, other than the general.

Progression. We have come a long way in just the last 20 years in regards to so many things. Medical advancements have meant that my condition, which would have had no treatment options 20 years ago, now has at least something to keep me here longer. Scary thought to think had I have acquired this at that time I wouldn't be here now.
It's just a shame we have such a long way to go with other things.

Progression. I used to live in the countryside, and they didn't want any change at all. It was awfully depressing.

I voted for progression.

I'm assuming this is about social issues?

Progression. It's what leads to equal rights for all. Progression leads to advances in society, breakthroughs in medicine and technology, and a better world for all to share.

Back