Do you have a savings?

Blueskyy

You gotta know that the sky belongs to no one.
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Christmas Candy
Green Star Fragment
Holiday Candy Cane 2021
Daisy Easter Egg
Prismatic Easter Egg
Happy Ditto Easter Egg
Sakura Easter Egg
Pikachu Easter Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
I'm just curious because I'm watcing a special on the American Dream and seeing how many people in America struggle to make ends meet. I live on my own in a studio, teach, go to school for my Masters at night, but make it work because I had a family who allowed me to stay home a bit and save up money. Even then, I'm watching my savings dwindle down as a single 27 year old with no family, although that's mainly because I was paying out of pocket for my first semester of my masters program Now I have aid for it. Watching this, I feel fortunate that I have plenty to live with though. It just peaked my curiousity..do you have a savings or do you just work hard month by month to make ends meet? I respect anyone with families who work many jobs to make it work.

Last edited:
I've got a savings account going. I don't make a whole lot, with only 8.3 an hour. I pay my parents $100 a month for rent, buy my food and contribute groceries, and what's left goes into savings.

...Honestly gonna save up for Nintendo Switch though |D

I've got a savings account going. I don't make a whole lot, with only 8.3 an hour. I pay my parents $100 a month for rent, buy my food and contribute groceries, and what's left goes into savings.

...Honestly gonna save up for Nintendo Switch though |D

Yeah I I think at this point I'm only going to pull the trigger on a Switch if they confirm a main title AC game for it.

Well I have a jar that says "Savings". I put my change in there, once it's full, it turns out to be about €20.00.

I have a savings account, although that will probably be used to purchase a house. I will try to keep some tucked away for emergencies.

I also have a tax free savings account with some money in it, and I contribute monthly to an RSP.

Lately I have all my payments coming out of my account and I put "rent" in my shared account with my husband.

I have a savings account, although that will probably be used to purchase a house. I will try to keep some tucked away for emergencies.

I also have a tax free savings account with some money in it, and I contribute monthly to an RSP.

Lately I have all my payments coming out of my account and I put "rent" in my shared account with my husband.

Nice! I try to keep at least almost 2000 in my checking account myself and the rest in my savings just to ensure I have enough for each month for expenses. I'm at least contributing to retirement so I feel like I have a decent thing going.

I had one. With a dollar... until I spent it on an Arizona Iced Tea.

I am hoping to set one up soon, maybe taking out $50 each month or something, I only have a short while before I am going to have to move out because my mom plans on selling her house, and with wanting to start online classes and stuff saving to move somewhere is going to be really impossible on top of my bills and food and stuff... so yeah I really HOPE I can start a savings again so that hopefully by the end of the year I can at least have a little something to work with, but who knows.

In my opinion the definition of the american dream is a joke. as for having a savings account i kinda of do. I split my monthly earning into 3 different jars. One jar being the Life jar. This jar pays the bills and buys groceries every week. The 2nd jar is labeled my Dream jar. The money in that jar gets spent on getting my closer to my dreams and the final jar is labeled hobby jar. That money is used on whatever I want be it video games, movies, board games you get the point. This method has helped me with managing my money and is a pretty neat concept.

yes when I was young I reached $640 and stopped using the account altogether shortly after. after my parents divorce my dad gave her rights to the acc so she probably took it all lol

I've got 2 accounts - one for long-term (like retirement, buying a house, medical emergencies, etc.) and the other a monthly fund for "me" stuff like my summer travels or a new 144hz monitor. Have always been pretty good about saving money and while I could afford a mortgage/down payment I'm tentative about committing to one with where I am in my life right now. So I just rent an apartment with a really good friend of mine, even if I may be throwing away money down the line. With how the housing market is here it's not as if I could ever afford a house in any neighborhood I'd want to live in anyway.

i had a really good savings account last year but then had to buy a car/insurance and christmas so it basically got emptied.. building it up again now though! it's just really nice to feel like you have a bit of security just incase

I used to have some savings but then the Nintendo Switch pre-orders went live.

Don't have a solid income yet, but I have some savings on my PayPal account for the worst case scenario.

I don't have enough to constitute an actual savings account, but every bit I earn sits in my checking account unless I need to buy a book or something. It's not much yet, but I live rent free and I've got enough scholarships to make my tuition about 8% of what it's set as which really helps. Once I hit a certain amount I'll open a savings account.

I do. 5% of every paycheck automatically goes in. I'm paying off a student loan now but once that's paid off I'll sink what I was spending there into savings. I also have a 401k.

Back