• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Do you have a savings?

I'm a frugal person, so I'm always saving. I don't buy new clothes or shoes unless I need to, and don't spend much money on cosmetics. I save for more important things and for a rainy day. I'm actually known for my saving monies ability. Other people in my family will give me money to hold/save for them because I'm quite strict with it. Once money has gone in the piggy bank, it's not coming out unless someone is dying or dead. I've currently got 40k saved up of my own money and 5k of someone else's money. Might not be much to someone, but at age 26, I can't say I know anyone my age that is sitting on that much money saved up.
I don't have rich parents and came from a semi-poor family, so a rainy day fund was always a must to me. That's money I've managed to save over the last decade I've been working, btw.

I used to have a savings but I spent every dime of it on buying my car, which was extremely concerning since all that money was my college fund, my emergency fund, and just my general savings fund. As soon as I start working again I'll begin building up my savings account more, which I do easily since I'm generally very frugal and put most if not all of my paychecks straight into my savings due to not having many living expenses or anything.

i try to save as much as i can while i can so i can be prepared when i go out there.
i believe if i have good saving habits and not splurge so much/impulse buy, then ill be alright to not have those habits when im on my own.

i always save money when i can, i keep my own savings together

Yes I have a savings. Since I'm buying a house right now it's not really at the level I want it to be but I usually try to keep a few months worth or rent/insurance payments saved up in case of emergency. I also have an investment account and a 401k through work.

I live with the comfort that a downturn won't put me on the street but I'm pretty frugal and don't buy too many things that aren't necessities.

Yes, I would say we depleted quite a lot between wedding and house things. However, we still add to it weekly so it's building back up.

Nope but when I get my tax return and pay to get my phone fixed, I'm gonna put the rest away and start saving $20-50 a week (I'm only on $126-140 p/week).

Last edited:
I have some money saved up at the bank, but I'm probably going to spend it all soon since my dad's birthday and mother's/father's day is coming up.

I have a savings account! Granted there isnt much in it because someone isnt that great with her money >.>. Hehe

But getting better at it!

I don't have one, my family don't either. I think that you should though because I am struggling because my parents never set one up for me.
(And I would love to buy the switch and i have no savings to dip into to buy it lol)

Unfortunately not after almost 7 years of university. Within the next few months I'll officially be living off of credit and loans exclusively.

Grad school amirite?

but i do work serving part time to make some money, mostly for insurance purposes (tax credits and such fun things)
I don't have a bank since I'm far away from home, so if you mean by savings I keep over 2000$ in a hollowed out book behind lock and key in a locker in a room only 9 people have access to, then yes

i'm a college student

s0WfIHx.jpg

Back