• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Hiraeth or Macaroon?

Help with town name?

• Hiraeth

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Macaroon

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hiraeth and macaroon are very different it depends how your town is themed

if it's fairytale\pastel macaroon
if it's fantasy\forest or even modern hiraeth is better

Last edited:
Hiraeth sounds like it's hard to spell and remember while the other makes me hungry, so Macaroon :D

Macaroon? Why not Maqaroon? But out of those two, Macaroon.

Hiraeth because i know at least 10 towns with the name Macaroon and i've never seen a town named Hiraeth before!

Hiraeth because i know at least 10 towns with the name Macaroon and i've never seen a town named Hiraeth before!

This is actually a great point! It's always nice to have some originality with town names! I think I might be inclined to change my vote to Hiraeth (you know if I could!)

So, in the end i think it's gonna be Hiraeth, because i've searched some towns and since i've seen a little too many with the name macaroon i'm going with Hiraeth :3 by the way, Hiraeth means the nostalgy of a place in the past, that's why i wasn't sure, because while Macaroon sounds really cute and adorable, Hiraeth actually has a deeper meaning.
So, guys, thanks for voting, Hiraeth it is!
(I'm sorry for everyone who voted macaroon i didn't mean to hurt anyone if i did ^^)

Back