Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Hype and General Discussion!

SensaiGallade

✨ Étoile 2020 ✨
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
1251-8940-4139
Island
Rosemoor
Sheep Plush
Purple Star Fragment
Pink Star Fragment
Red Star Fragment
Celeste Chick Plush
Dreamy Easter Egg
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Spring Sakura
Dreamy Easter Egg
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.jpg

Today was a huge day for Nintendo fans. Along with that was the reveal of the enhanced, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe!

We seen King Boo, Dry Bones, Bowser Jr, the FIXED BATTLE MODE, new items, courses characters, vehicles and more!

What do you expect and wanna see in the enhanced port of MK8?!​

All I can say is...

There needs to be more new characters, karts, bikes, items Courses, Retro courses and Battle courses. I don't want what we just saw the completed version. Someone confirm that it isn't the completed version!

Oh god, time to try and get gold trophies on every course on every difficulty again.

I want to be excited about it but I mean it's still Mario Kart 8. I would be excited if it was the 9th installment. It looks gorgeous and the added features and things are cool but it's like the ACNL update. Except on a new console. I'm still buying it tho who am I fooling.

All I can say is...

There needs to be more new characters, karts, bikes, items Courses, Retro courses and Battle courses. I don't want what we just saw the completed version. Someone confirm that it isn't the completed version!

iirc the treehouse guy mentioned there was something in the final version that they couldn't show yet (probably a new battle mode if I had to guess. Also doesn't look like there'll be any new courses apart from battle stages

I'm new to Mario Kart and I only played on my DS xD. With the Switch coming out and me getting that $400 bundle I must say I want MK8 xD

Disappointing based on the current showing so far honestly.

First, this should have been a launch title. Given its release in April, I have no doubt that it could have been a launch title if they wanted. Likely they decided they're better off carrying the launch on Zelda given how massive of a game it is and then leaving games like Mario Kart to pad out the release schedule until the holiday. I agree with that strategy as a whole, but just one more important game would make the difference for me and many others even if it's just an enhanced port. Obviously a title like Splatoon would be better, but I'd be pleased with Mario Kart too.

Secondly, the added content from the reveal so far is pretty lacklustre for what is going to be charged at full price. Updated battle mode and four new characters is not enough. Though this may change when more is revealed closer to April (see Murray's post). I would personally expect another 2 new race cups at the minimum. Especially considering it's not even making launch.

Not even a little hyped about it. Not unless they show a ton of more content that is actually worth $50.

I watched the Mario Kart Treehouse and the guy said that there is something they couldn't show. If it is new outfits for the Mii(which is frighteningly possible because the Mii's slot was covered with a question mark), I'd be shocked beyond belief and very disappointed in the Mario Kart staff.

Last edited:

First, this should have been a launch title. Given its release in April, I have no doubt that it could have been a launch title if they wanted. Likely they decided they're better off carrying the launch on Zelda given how massive of a game it is and then leaving games like Mario Kart to pad out the release schedule until the holiday. I agree with that strategy as a whole, but just one more important game would make the difference for me and many others even if it's just an enhanced port. Obviously a title like Splatoon would be better, but I'd be pleased with Mario Kart too.

Secondly, the added content from the reveal so far is pretty lacklustre for what is going to be charged at full price. Updated battle mode and four new characters is not enough. Though this may change when more is revealed closer to April (see Murray's post). I would personally expect another 2 new race cups at the minimum. Especially considering it's not even making launch.
Glad to see someone else feels the same way as I do.

I don't believe that all of what we just saw is complete. So I'd like to see this amount of stuff for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Its a spoiler so I won't fill up the entire thread with my predictions:

New Characters:
Sprixie (7 Colors)
Boom Boom
Pom Pom
Nabbit
Magikoopa
Hammer Bro
Professer E. Gadd
Captain Toad

Returning Characters:
Diddy Kong
Birdo
Koopa Paratroopa
Wiggler
Petey Piranha

New Karts:
9 Cart

New Bikes:
Fyre Kracker (An in-drift bike that looks like a Fireworks Rocket, it comes with 8 different colors depending on the character)

New Courses:
Rosalina Circuit
Sprixie Kingdom
Alchemy Alley
Wario's Trash Dump
Monochrome Moterway
Treacherous Temple
Doki Doki Valley
Circuitbeard's Booty
Can't think of a course for Professer E. Gadd, Boom Boom and Pom Pom
Hammer Bro Training Space
Cursed Graveyard
Monty Mole Hole

Retro Courses:

SNES:
1 Mario Circuit 4
N64:
2 Choco Mountain
3 Wario Stadium
GBA:
4 Riverside Park
5 Sunset Wilds
6 Yoshi Desert
GCN:
7 Mushroom City
DS:
8 Luigi's Mansion
9 Waluigi Pinball
10 Shroom Ridge
11 Airship Fortress
Wii:
12 Toad's Factory
13 DK Summit
14 Maple Treeway
3DS:
15 Rock Rock Mountain
16 Rainbow Road

Retro Battle Courses:
SNES Battle Course 1 (Confirmed)
N64 Skyscraper
GCN Luigi's Mansion (Confirmed)
DS Tart Top
Wii Chain Chomp Wheel
3DS Sherbet Rink

Last edited:
I'm really happy that they're planning to update their games rather than just release new ones with a different logo and three or four new features (at the most).

It's the best thing they could do right now.

I'm really happy that they're planning to update their games rather than just release new ones with a different logo and three or four new features (at the most).

It's gonna be full priced though and I highly doubt they'll update the wii u version

It's gonna be full priced though and I highly doubt they'll update the wii u version

Baby steps, Murray, baby steps. Nintendo are quite slow learners. I hope that they follow the example of PC game developers and release additional content for free. That can keep folks interested for years.

If they added new stages or characters to Super Smash Bros. twice a year or something, people would get a huge kick out of it, and there would be active communities for so many of their online-orientated games, whereas now they're forgotten about within a year or so and promotion stops. I figure all that effort that went into developing the games should last for much longer than that.

I think Odyssey has huge potential for this exact situation. It's a huge city, no doubt full of different buildings, characters, and mini-games. It's a sandbox game we're talking about here! They could easily add new missions to it every now and then, and online integration would be really sweet.

Last edited:

I'm confused. What you just described as them to doing is exactly what this is. It's a different logo with three or four new features. In a new package that you need to buy all over again.

I'm confused. What you just described as them to doing is exactly what this is. It's a different logo with three or four new features. In a new package that you need to buy all over again.

I meant for the future. They're choosing to update their games now. That's progress, in my eyes. Hopefully by the time the Switch U comes out, they've decided to continue that pattern, though no longer making you purchase it.

When I saw this, I was really happy. It makes me want to get the switch. I never had the Wii U and I've always wanted to play Mario Kart 8. I still need to see some of the other games planned for this console.

Yeah so about this...

https://twitter.com/AllSourceGaming/status/820575141851643904

This is starting to look like a pretty big rip off for existing Wii u owners. I think some sort of discounted upgrade program should be in the cards for MK8 owners unless they have some serious surprises coming.

Back