Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Hype and General Discussion!

Yeah so about this...

https://twitter.com/AllSourceGaming/status/820575141851643904

This is starting to look like a pretty big rip off for existing Wii u owners. I think some sort of discounted upgrade program should be in the cards for MK8 owners unless they have some serious surprises coming.

Damn, that is a bummer...

For existing players, it definitely is frustrating, but for players who didn't get MK8, then its not that much of a big deal. Even so, there may still be some reveals left before the game releases, who knows.

Yeah so about this...

This is starting to look like a pretty big rip off for existing Wii u owners. I think some sort of discounted upgrade program should be in the cards for MK8 owners unless they have some serious surprises coming.
Okay. No new courses? But what if it only meant new ones and not retros?

I'm still hoping what we just saw isn't the completed version.

Last edited:
Yeah so about this...

All I can say is disappointing. Even when all looks great, Nintendo still finds a way to just completely destroy it. And then there are these idiots on Twitter and YouTube defending it by saying that it is meant for people who didn't play MK8. It has been almost two years since the last DLC has been released for MK8. I don't understand why Nintendo couldn't have just added more of everything to the game.

Last edited:
Seems kinda fun...
Unfortunately, I'm probably not buying like how I didn't buy MK8.
Wish Diddy/Funky Kong were added again...

I think the game sucks for anyone who has aleady purchased Mario Kart 8, but it should be good for newcomers if they're willing to pay to play online... which I'm not.

I'm just glad that they incorporated battle stages back into the game rather than reusing the racing tracks. That was a bad move imo for Mario Kart 8, I absolutely hated it. It just made battles so awkward, you need battle stages. So I'm glad to see that they've brought battle stages back.

I did not see the Splatoon crossover coming though. Although I feel stupid now - I should've seen it coming. Splatoon is so successful, so I should've seen it coming. I feel like it's a gimmick to get people to buy Deluxe though...

If they can make a new Splatoon, surely they can make a completely new Mario Kart. It sucks not getting a new game for the Switch, especially since Mario Kart is such a classic and it would be perfect for on the go as well.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Nintendo-Switch/Mario-Kart-8-Deluxe-1173281.html

Nintendo confirms the return of Bomb-omb Blast and the revamped Balloon Battle with new stages like Urchin Underpass based on the Splatoon Stage and Battle Stage while having returning ones like GCN Luigi's Mansion and SNES Battle Course 1!

Bomb-omb blast!? YESSSSS OH MY GOD THOSE WERE SO MUCH FUN IN DOUBLE DASH!

Spearking of Double Dash, I REALLY hope they bring back Petey Pirahna. **** it would be so cool to finally have the boss duo from Double Dash c:

I want to be excited about it but I mean it's still Mario Kart 8. I would be excited if it was the 9th installment. It looks gorgeous and the added features and things are cool but it's like the ACNL update. Except on a new console. I'm still buying it tho who am I fooling.

Same :D

Even though it's totally not worth my money lol

I'm wondering if I should get this or not. I already own the Wii U version and both DLCs... On one side, you get a better battle mode, inklings, and you can bring it wherever you want. But on the other hand, I'm just not sure if it's worth $48... (I'm saying $48 because Amazon has a 20% discount for Prime members.) This is coming from someone who owns both Hyrule Warriors, and Hyrule Warriors Legends. What do you think? And are you getting it?

You can brake mid-drift in 200cc now. Thank goodness.

Who else noticed the main menu looks a little different? Some things got moved around and there's a new button with a toad on it, which miiiight be the stickers you could put on miiverse, but MV isn't on the switch.

I'm not a fan of the balloon battle and barely played it online but I can't wait to try the other battle modes!

I still won't be getting a switch unless animal crossing is announced, but this looks okay. However, not good enough for charging the price of a new game (If you have the original, at least). I mean, they didn't even add Birdo! :(

I never had a Wii U so I'm really looking forward to finally getting my hands on Mario Kart 8.

Back