Video Game Music Remixes/Covers - your favorites?

DJStarstryker

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Listening to some video game remixes and cover music today and wondered what you guys like. Here's a few of mine.

Black Mages II - Matoya's Cave (from Final Fantasy 1)
This is, hands down, the best version of this song. Ever. I love it.

Taylor Davis - Dr. Wily's Castle (from Mega Man 2)
She's a YouTuber/indie violinist and she's amazing. :D

FamilyJules - Guile's Theme (from Street Fighter 2)
It goes with everything!

Smooth McGroove - Route 3 (Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow)
Yeah. I had to put him.

I love the remixes they did for the Mario game songs in the Sochi Olympic Games. C:

This is VERY old, but it's still my favorite vg theme remix of all time

(here's the original track for comparison)

I also love piano adaptations of the PMD series... such as this one (the artist took a lot of artistic freedom here)

(original track)

Field of Reeds is my hero.

I don't have the slightest clue how to embed SoundCloud on here, or if it's even possible. So here's a link to her cover of Beware the Forest Mushrooms from SMRPG.

She did a pretty cool cover of Lucky K.K., too:

I also really love this cover! (not by Field of Reeds, obvious maybe, but I just wanted to make this flow better)

I've always loved the Tarm Ruins theme.

Last edited:
I'm not linking because I can't right now, but I do have a few. There's a nightcore remix of Gladion's battle theme from Pokemon Sun & Moon that I absolutely adore.

I love the Kingdom Hearts remixes of the tracks from The World Ends With You, specifically Calling and Twister, but moreso I loved the remix that was on the Square Enix countdown website before they announced the Solo Remix.

There are also several songs that Youtube user JT Machinima has done for Five Nights at Freddy's that are insanely clever. My favourites in particular are "We Don't Bite," "You Belong Here," and "Can't Wait To Meet You."

Back