• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Splatoon SPLATOON 2 HYPE THREAD!!!!!

Brad

Ask About Dark Candy
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Winter Mittens
Happy Home Designer Token
ぶ
う
つ
森
ど
Dark Candy
User Title Color Change
HERE WE GO AGAIN KIDS AND SQUIDS! THE NUMBER 3 GAME ON WiiU IS BACK AND BETTER THAN EVER ON NINTENDO SWITCH!

WHO ELSE IS AS EXCITED AS I AM?

I AM HYPED FOR THIS GAME. I LOVED SPLATOON AND I WILL SURELY BUY THIS <3

Last edited:
BJPtFnJ.png

Moray Towers got an update

I love splatoon and was looking forward to this, but having to pay to play online, which 98% of splatoon is, really kills the game (and the switch) for me. don't think I'll get it.

Last edited:
probably the game i'm most hyped for!! was pretty shocked since it's not a port (good thing of course) since it's been like less than two years, def gonna get IF the price of the switch goes down a bit :lemon:

I love splatoon and was looking forward to this, but having to pay to play online, which 98% of splatoon is, really kills the game (and the switch) for me. don't think I'll get it.

I don't like the idea of a paid subscription in order to be able to play online either, but oh well. I'll buy it anyway because Nintendo controls me. (HELP)

Last edited:
Already excited from the music I've heard. Splatoon has the most unique music from... any game I've played actually.

Afaik the online pay service of Switch will start on Fall 2017 (Probs on november) and Splatoon 2 will release at Summer 2017 so atleast we will get some months of free online play

either way , we are going to pay that online service someday

I can't wait and will do the subscription if I have to because Splatoon's worth it. Got all that free online out of the first one so I can't complain.

lol i'd get it if it was released on the wii u but i'm not getting a switch so Uh . i'm sad because splatoon 2 will probably kill splatoon kinda a Lot.

That squid girl on the purple team with the dual guns on the box art is about to get blasted by the green team girl with the splatling or her teammate with his roller. Totally facing the wrong way to pose or something.

The original Splatoon was the biggest reason why I wanted and eventually got a Wii U, and tbh I was soooo excited for Splatoon 2 and was planning on buying the Switch close to launch to make sure I can pick up Splatoon 2 the day it comes out. Now with them announcing that you'll have to pay to play online I'm honestly very discouraged, and this announcement basically killed off my hype for this game and the system as a whole. I know that for the first few months the internet will be free, but I don't think it'll be worth it to drop $60 on a game and then not be able to fully enjoy it after a few months. Especially if Spaltoon 2 follows in the footsteps of the original, where it got better over time because of the multiple free updates that added different weapons and game modes, and Splatfest being introduced.

Late to the party but

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH LOOK AT THEM DIFFERENT TENTACLE-STYLES
I CAN HAVE SHORT HAIR ON MY SQUIDGIRL NOW
AND DEM WEAPONS
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I know that for the first few months the internet will be free. ..
also remember, that by the time splatoon2 comes out, half the free online trial period will probably be over already..
but yeah I agree, I'm really bummed out by paid online

Last edited:
What has been confirmed so far:

New weapons- Names unknown so far
New specials- Jetpack, rainclouds and more
Possibility of being able to be an octoling.

Back