• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Splatoon SPLATOON 2 HYPE THREAD!!!!!

lmao tried using the trislosher again for a bit today, it really is pretty stupid. With rollers, brushes, and even the umbrella damage dealt is dependant on how much ink hits you - but not for the slosher, it's like guaranteed 65 damage (iirc) no matter how much hits you. Probably needs a change tbh

My bucket is always lacking volume, then, cuz I think it sux.

psa: stop using the aerospray it's one of the worst weapons in the game and offers no practical uses outside of turf war
picking it in ranked is almost a guaranteed loss

psa: stop using the aerospray it's one of the worst weapons in the game and offers no practical uses outside of turf war

Agree with you.
I always use Aqua Squelcher/

It's just a phase I hope.

The same thing happened in Splatoon 1. There was a phase where everyone was using the Aerospray RG because of the high fire rate I guess. But then everyone figured out it was absolute carp and changed to blaster trash lmao

It's just a phase I hope.

The same thing happened in Splatoon 1. There was a phase where everyone was using the Aerospray RG because of the high fire rate I guess. But then everyone figured out it was absolute carp and changed to blaster trash lmao

Well the first few days in Splat 1, there were very few weapons available, and Turf War was the only mode. Add in the fact that it was a completely new game so that many people didn't know how to counter the close-range weapons, and it makes sense that the Aerospray was used so much.

But in Splat 2, Turf War isn't the only mode available, there's more weapons now than there were in Splat 1's launch, a good chunk of people have played the first game and know how to easily counter it, AND it was one of the few weapons that was nerfed from 1 to 2 while almost everything else got buffed. The damage on it was decreased a bit (not to the point that it would make much of a difference when splatting someone, but it's still a nerf), and it wasn't buffed in any way to compensate. Meanwhile rollers get a vertical flick, chargers have piercing shots and the non-scoped versions can store charges, brushes can run at max speed even on uninkable surfaces, and we all know what happened to Sloshers.

Booo. I love the aerospray! I cover tons of terf, splat 6+ per round and love the specials.

The heavy splatling. Is so fun. Aside from its difficult-to-use special weap, it's really good at splattling and inking turf. A wonderful support weapon. The stingray actually comes in handy for hassling people who are already fighting your teammates!

And we have our first lot of new stages for Turf War and Salmon Run! For those that haven't seen the trailer:

Manta Maria
, being the ship stage teased in the direct awhile back, will be released on Saturday (26th).

Lost Outpost, the new Salmon Run stage, is going to be out tomorrow (23rd).

Also a new weapon, the Forge Splattershot Pro with the Bubble Blower is going to come out the week after Manta Maria (2nd September).

Gotta say I'm real excited for the two stages, especially the Salmon Run one. It looks rather fun with all the walls and such.

Last edited:
The next SR schedule says Spawning Grounds but that'll probably change after the update tomorrow. I'm excited to play Lost Outpost!

Flyfish could now be defeated using Splashdown special. WOW.

Last edited:
The next SR schedule says Spawning Grounds but that'll probably change after the update tomorrow. I'm excited to play Lost Outpost!

Flyfish could now be defeated using Splashdown special. WOW.

I wonder if it will look different? I can hardly tell the current ones from each other...

- - - Post Merge - - -

WHOOOOOA!

lrbbcxoxfnfbpjvsfytp.png

The Lost Outpost is for local play only (at least for now). I didn't expect that booo

MANTA MARIA.

Someone on reddit said it best. Finally a theme instead of an arena-esque stage

- - - Post Merge - - -

MANTA MARIA.

MANTA MARIA.

- - - Post Merge - - -

MANTA MARIA.

OMG, is it out?!

Manta Maria stage starts in 5 minures! Woot-woot!

Manta Maria is real neat! It'll take me awhile to get used to the layout and stop jumping to my watery death though...

The Lost Outpost in Salmon Run is ONE BIG TRAP of lies!

Back