• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Do you have any hidden talents?

KatRose

total piece of crap
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
New Horizons Token
White Lily
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Tasty Cake
One thing I'm really good at but most people wouldn't expect me to be is figure skating. I took figure skating for about 2-3 years and I'm pretty decent. Another talent of mine is singing, as I've always been super into making music and have been in choir for over 7 years now. Since I've studied voice for so long I've gotten pretty dang good at it, if I do say so myself.

Brag about yourself a bit! What are you good at that other people wouldn't necessarily expect?

people online wouldnt know: photographic memory and good @ tennis
people irl wouldnt know: art and video games, maybe tennis

- - - Post Merge - - -

and put skiing up there somewherei dk
also softball?

Badminton, web design and an eye for colour!

there's a fine difference between talent and skill.

- - - Post Merge - - -

talent is inborn, skill is honed and developed. don't get confused

- - - Post Merge - - -

That's not necessarily true. Though a talent might be something you have the innate ability to do well such as sing or draw, it can be refined and made better by practice and training, and also be called a skill, but it doesn't mean it's no longer a talent. And maybe someone isn't born with the skills of a master carver but later on studies it and is finally able to create beautiful works of art after years of apprenticeship. That person is still very talented.

And if you really look at the definition of those words, I would say they are actually pretty interchangeable.

Last edited:

- - - Post Merge - - -

Okie dokie, so your inborn talent is definitely being fastidious... Thanks for sharing.

Okie dokie, so your inborn talent is definitely being fastidious... Thanks for sharing.

maybe so but i didn't mean to share that. i'm simply stating the difference between the two terms. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

That's not necessarily true. Though a talent might be something you have the innate ability to do well such as sing or draw, it can be refined and made better by practice and training, and also be called a skill, but it doesn't mean it's no longer a talent. And maybe someone isn't born with the skills of a master carver but later on studies it and is finally able to create beautiful works of art after years of apprenticeship. That person is still very talented.

And if you really look at the definition of those words, I would say they are actually pretty interchangeable.
talent becomes skill once you study for it and it seems to me that OP is talking about skill rather than talent based on what they've typed. sorry for the misunderstanding.

Last edited:
I actually listened to a very interesting podcast about the meaning of talent, and it turns out it's always been very loose.

Most people believe it to be reserved for unusual talents, though. So, if you could move things with your mind or something, that would be a talent. A skill would be to be skilled in something. You could always argue that your talent made you naturally skilled in moving things with your mind.

I speak very quickly, without realizing it most of the time. My friend's grandmother once said, "My goodness, you talk so fast, you could be a rapper." Something like that. ANyways, I don't wanna be a rapper, but I talk fast lol. If that even counts.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I can swallow apples whole.

This reminded me, one time, I smashed an apple with my bare fist. On the first try. That was a good day. I even asked Shrek for power before hand, because I was just being stupid and thought it was funny, but then when I smashed the apple everyone freaked out.

I actually listened to a very interesting podcast about the meaning of talent, and it turns out it's always been very loose.

Most people believe it to be reserved for unusual talents, though. So, if you could move things with your mind or something, that would be a talent. A skill would be to be skilled in something. You could always argue that your talent made you naturally skilled in moving things with your mind.

i see, thanks for explaining!

Well with me being the quiet smart kid who doesn't really talk to anybody except my friends I don't think a lot of people would expect me to be good at acting and being on stage/public speaking in general, so I guess that's my "hidden talent".

I can dance! I took ballet lessons for about 5/6 years, and I got pretty good in the end. Despite that I've had to put my dancing on hold for a few months because of a busy schedule and I've not really gotten chance to get back into it. I want to strengthen up enough for pointe one day, but I have no idea when that will be. ;) I'll try it one day. But I'm intending to go back to classes in a few weeks time!

I also used to be a really really strong swimmer as a kid! (and to be honest, I still am pretty strong but not as good as I used to be, I can still swim pretty long distances continuously) I took swimming survival skills tests, where we had to swim fully clothed, tread water continuously for an extended period of time, swim long distances, so I was actually really strong. I sometimes wish that I took my swimming further because I got so good but again. I STOPPED. And I also did judo for about 5/6 years too, AND I STOPPED THAT TOO.

Anyway, other talents I have that might surprise others is I'm really good at drawing / writing / photography. :')

Last edited:
Back