• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Hacked games... like or dislike?

It depends..some hacked towns are amazing, but most of them (or at least the ones i've seen) are just a bunch of PWPs in weird places, nothing special :/
But i would never hack my town, i'm way too scared to mess up everything

there's loads of hacked towns that have a lot of effort put in and i'd hack if i could, but some are nothing special. yes it is cheating & some people just use it for the sake of getting loads of valuable items but i don't really care that much

I like them till the person has gone crazy with tree and bush placement. Like when they over crowd the area so it's almost impossible to walk through.

If it's a pretty town: yay
If it's cluttered and difficult to navigate: nay
Hacking is not that big of a factor, if hacking were not so complicated I would hack my town again.

Probably. If the town looks like they put a lot of effort decorating it, yeah I'd be curious to see. But if they're just there to show you that this thing is only possible through hacking and nothing else, I won't be interested or impressed. If anything, I'd probably expect more from a hacked town.

Last edited:
Some hacked towns look really good. The only ones that bug me are the ones that are way too clumped and have trees everywhere, which makes it near impossible to navigate. I also don't like the ones that have cedar trees in the water in order to achieve the "foresty" vibe or whatever...it looks so unrealistic and weird.

I think hackings fine even though I'm biased because I hack rip. We all play the game the way we want to, and I think it's important to be respectful of that
But it's really fun, and it actually makes the game really different since you have so much more power

Die hard sims player.... and just thinking about the possibilites of manipulating ACNL to my wishes are is just... \

Haha I'm probably just uncreative but I honestly have no idea what to do
I should probably visit some more towns for inspiration.

I actually just included an island on my town map (like I have a private island at the bottom of the map) looks pretty cool!
But I can't really think of other stuff to do... putting stuff in water, arranging buildings perfectly, etc etc have done it all

QYYmLtg.jpg

Last edited:
My main town is hacked and i love it so much. It allows me to create a town that fits my full imagination without having any or few limitations. I'll probably hack my future towns as well.

They actually really weird me out. Unless, you edited it by doing something you can do in the actual game.

That's certainly something you don't see everyday. In the first game you visit islanders and then suddenly the islander is... you. In this case at least. Doesn't it cause problems though during events like New Year's Eve when the games pushes villagers towards the Town Plaza?
-
I neither like or dislike hacked towns more or less than non-hacked towns. They are kinda harmless if they aren't buggy for other people visiting, and if the player isn't distributing items obtained through hacking to unsuspecting players. Some people are even super creative with their towns which in turn inspires me with some areas in my own town. It may not be as precise or detailed since I'm not hacking it, but I don't mind the little flaws here and there.

I don't mind when people hack their towns. But I don't like it when it looks really unorganized and it looks like all the person did was place cedar trees, PWPs, bushes, and clovers all over the place.

It depends. I mean done right if can be really really cool to walk around in, some hacked towns looks absolutely gorgeous and quite envious. But then again I've seen some towns where it looks sort of.. ridiculous.

When it comes to my own towns though, I feel weird about it. Sometimes I get frustrated and think I sort of want to start hacking, but then I'd feel like it's less fun to do. Also I don't want to take my chances and mess accidentally mess things up horribly.

I am currently hacking my main town and it's tons of fun! If you feel like hacking totally do it there a good guide on youtube too *cough cough*

that is it! I'm probably skipping through all the negative posts and reading ones like this one lolz,, I'm probably gonna get a new cartrige and hack it. HOORAH

- - - Post Merge - - -

Thanks for all the replies!♥

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think hackings fine even though I'm biased because I hack rip. We all play the game the way we want to, and I think it's important to be respectful of that
But it's really fun, and it actually makes the game really different since you have so much more power

Haha I'm probably just uncreative but I honestly have no idea what to do
I should probably visit some more towns for inspiration.

I actually just included an island on my town map (like I have a private island at the bottom of the map) looks pretty cool!
But I can't really think of other stuff to do... putting stuff in water, arranging buildings perfectly, etc etc have done it all

QYYmLtg.jpg

That looks really interesting... the thing is, it gets on my nerve the little details that I wish I could do but can't. I have a little OCD on that respect and.... I like games without bounderies, your town looks so interesting!

When I was younger I had an issue with them because I used to associate people hacking their games with bricking, I was too afraid to wifi with anybody on AC:WW for a long time because I heard about so many people's games getting bricked through it by nasty players who think it's funny to destroy people's work. However when I got older I actually hacked my AC:WW game and did the same with AC:CF after a while, I mainly did it to add golden roses to my towns. However I don't have any plan to hack AC:NL or my AC:pG games at all.

I do like to visit hacked towns etc on AC:NL because they can look so pretty and cool! I have no problem with hacked games as long as they don't become damaged if something goes wrong.

Last edited:
Personally, I'm not a fan. I wouldn't do it myself because not only do I not trust my skill and am way too worried that I'd permanently mess something up, but I also relish the challenge of being able to work with what I have. It's way more fun for me to play the game as it was presented to me.

As for towns that are hacked, I do like looking at them in Dream Towns, especially the creative towns such as the underwater ones that have purposely been glitched, but I tend to judge them differently than towns that were not hacked. I understand a lot of work went into it, but I just find normal towns that have not been hacked to be that more satisfying.

I've never hacked myself and I probably wouldnt. That's not to say that I'm against it though. I think some hacked towns are absolutely brilliant and are really pretty. Even some of the silly ones are fun too. I wouldn't do it to my game though as I would be way to scared of doing something wrong and completely screwing up and ruining my town. However, if someone else wants to do that, I'll be more than happy to check out what they accomplished!

Some hacked towns look cool as hell, and some hacked towns look sloppy and messy and otherwise... questionable. I don't mind it and I wouldn't personally do it. Maybe for fun but I wouldn't save over my actual town.

I don't mind when people hack their towns. But I don't like it when it looks really unorganized and it looks like all the person did was place cedar trees, PWPs, bushes, and clovers all over the place.

HAHAHAHAHA that's what I did because I'm uncreative trash ;-; my first town is 3 years old and completely unpacked I worked super hard on it but I'm hacking my second town and it's pretty fun but I'm not doing anything crazy just moving things where I find cute but again since I'm not too creative the power of hacking feels wasted on me lol

Last edited:
The only thing that bother me with it..Is the wrong people are using it to steal other people towns through their dream address.

I might think my towns are ugly sometimes, but I wouldn't steal anyone else's town and change the name, villagers and human characters that live there.
Those people worked really hard on those towns and you're going around and stealing them.

That's no different than putting your name on some art that you didn't make.

Sorry if it sounds harsh, but I can't stand people stealing art.

Also them say 'my town', like it's not yours you little thief. lol

Last edited:
Back