• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Your Favourite Mario Games?

Corrie

Let the sun shine in!
Bells
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
Sweet Bunny Balloon
White Hyacinth
Mother's Day Carnation
Pink Hybrid Rose
Pink Hybrid Tulip
White Cosmos
What are your favourite Mario Games of all time? This thread is for ALL types whether it be Party, Kart or a main series game!

For me, Super Mario World remains my favourite main series game, Mario Party 7 being my favourite Party game and Mario Kart 7 being my favourite Kart game, with the Wii version following closely behind.

Favorite 2D: Super Mario World
Favorite 3D: Super Mario 3D World
Favorite non-main game: Super Mario RPG

There's a lot of great Mario games in general though.

I haven't played a ton of Mario games, but dear god I LOVE Mario Sunshine. I have really fond memories of playing that game during the summer years ago, the atmosphere is unbeatable. Some of the secret levels were pretty tough, if I remember correctly, so I got plenty of hours out of it, whether I was collecting the shines or just generally stuck while progressing. Very fun game though, I'll always be fond of it. I guess I prefer Mario Kart: Double Dash over the newer ones for the same reason, it's mostly due to nostalgia, though I did love the mechanic of having two drivers in DD.

My favourite of the Party series is probably MP 4. I really missed the classic board layout of the newer titles, the maps in 4 are pretty huge with cute themes, and there are so many ways to troll your friends with that stupid fortune space. Plus I think that game had some of the best mini-games in the series, but 5 had some pretty excellent ones too.

I don't own this one personally, but I think it's worth a mention: I really enjoyed Mario 3D World. My sister and her fiance brought this over last Christmas and we played through the entire thing, minus the last world, and it was insanely fun to play as a family with some drinks.

My favourite 2D Mario game is probably Super Mario World, although I also really love Super Mario Bros 2
My favourite 3D Mario game is Super Mario Galaxy 2
and my favourite racing game is probably Mario Kart 7 :)
That said, I haven't played all that many Mario games, and I would love to play Super Mario Sunshine, Super Mario 3D World, and Super Mario 64

Last edited:
Mario Kart 64 and Super Mario 64 are my favourites <3 I'm hoping Super Mario Odyssey will join their ranks when it comes out!

There's a lot of Mario games that I consider my favorites but the two that stand out for me are:
2D: Super Mario World
3D: Super Mario Galaxy
Special mention: Mario Kart 7, Mario & Luigi titles, Paper Mario and Luigi's Mansion

Last edited:
Luigi's Mansion. So much nostalgia.

I also really love Galaxy and Sunshine. Odyssey would've probably been a new favourite as well, if it weren't for being a Switch exclusive.

I'm not good at platforming because I didn't play them in my youth, so I can't really say I follow the main series very much. The only ones I ever played for any real length of time were Super Mario 64, which I didn't complete, and Super Mario Sunshine which I did complete. Of the two it'd probably be Super Mario Sunshine since it at least added something other than the normal world exploring and platforming with F.L.U.D.D.

If it counts despite being its own side series, Luigi's Mansion is probably my favorite Mario title that I have played.

I'm also a fan of Mario Maker since it allows you to create your own stages and play those that others have made. While most of those stages aren't as good as official Mario stages and a lot of them lack real knowledge of proper stage layout and difficulty, I just enjoy having the chance to use Smash Bros. and other characters in a Mario game.

Also have to acknowledge the Mario Party and Mario Kart games since I have had good memories with those. The Mario Party I remember having the most fun with was Mario Party 2, but I'd have to play the other older ones a bit more to refresh my memory before I could say it's the best.

TLDR
Overall: Luigi's Mansion
Main Series: Super Mario Sunshine
Honorable Mentions: Super Mario Maker, Mario Party 2, Mario Kart (any)

Super mario 64 for the ds is my favorite. I don't really play mario games but super mario 64 was my first ever ds game and I was around 5 or 6 when I got it. I never get bored of it and I always reset a file to play over and over. Wish there was another mario game just like it, that'd be amazing.

I like the spin off Mario games like Mario Party and Mario Kart. Mario Party 3 is my favorite Mario Party and Mario Kart Double Dash is my favorite Mario Kart game!

Back