How do you deal with having no friends?

All my friendships don't last long, so I'm alone a lot. I just keep myself in class and avoid people until I get home to my dogs.

I have online friends but having friends irl is what matters most to me.

Basically I like to be alone but never having someone to talk to except my parents (and when I say parents I mean my mom because my dad can't empathize with anyone) is hell on my emotions.

I haven't made a new friend that has really stuck around since I was 10, and I'm Autistic so socializing is really difficult for me. I've been marathon-watching TED Talks about ways to have conversations with others, maybe studying how to start good conversations and then just introducing yourself to strangers would be good?

The other thing is to make sure to really try to enjoy your times alone. Try not to focus too hard on being lonely when you are alone, and instead try to make sure you are indulging in interests (or if you have no hobbies, try to pick something up!).

I used to have loads of friends when I was at school but I seem them all having fun and doing things without me. It's been a few years now but it still stings that I'm completely worthless to them. I only have one bestfriend now :/

1-3+ years ago, I could say I have no friends, but now I do. I have friends that I go out with to McDonalds, sit with on the bus, comfort, be comforted by, etc... It's because I tried to make friends. The move helped me to make friends too.

First things first
If you do have friends but feel like you dont youre probably overthinking it . Everyone's busy or has S/Os of their own they focus on more.. lol. Sadly. Also, social lives are overrated, anyway... Especially when youre still busy with schooling and work and need to rest more than go out. You may also not be looking in the right places, i find it difficult to make friends in school/class unless it's within a club and we share interests.

andtheres nothing wrong AT ALL with having only a few friends. Why do you need a lot of friends? What matters is the quality of the friendship! Not sure how old you are, but most friends you make high school wont stay in touch with you after that. Maybe for a year or two, then its byebye. Everyone's busy pursuing their own paths now. And socializing in college can be crappier... it's all partying/drinking. people who prefer having an active social life that involves doing drugs over their education annoy tf out of me anyway.. youre lucky if you find someone whos interested in the same games and hobbies as you, isnt about that lit life, and you can actually talk to and do normal things with though. i like joining clubs, especially ones that require me to work/put effort in them, to make me feel like i have some kind of social life, bahaha. youll find peopl that respect you and want to befriend with you through them also :) i used to worry about being friendless also, but i eventually came to realize even my good friends i cant see or talk to as often, its NOT because we 'arent friends', it's nothing personal. were just all so busy. seeing each other once or twice a season is enough for me, considering weve all known each other more than 75% of our lives so far. and its nice to think that we will be friends for the rest of our lives also. honestly im not worrying about being friendless anymore , we should be worried about being financially stable in the future and keep at our education.

Last edited:
It's really hard having no friends. Luckily I am blessed to have an awesome family mostly my mom to help me out. I also have TBT and online groups on facebook to keep me company. It does get really lonely though and I do get depressed. ACNL and TBT have helped a lot with that

Well I've never really had friends because I'm just pretty different from most normal people with my lifestyle, my perceptions, and my outlook on life in general. When I was young I always felt like the kids in my age group were too immature for me to be able to relate to. So it's hard for me and other people to really 'get' each other. But I don't mind it. The only time it started bringing me down was during adolescence and I got depressed because I never was able to get a girlfriend. Over the years though I've grown out of that and recently started trying to view friendship as just being a simple, casual, ordinary thing and not really having to mean anything that deep or special. Just being able to share some laughs and have some nice, fun, pleasant times together should be enough to count as friendship.

Last edited:
I thought I had 2 more friends than what I actually had.

Yesterday, we were fine joking around on the bus that afternoon.

That morning, I'm practically being harassed by them... I'm not
getting that into it that much but basically I was talking to
someone they don't like. They were never my friends.

:(

I've lived my life having about five friends for most of my life and ended up with only one that I can call my true friend. I deal with having no friend by writing myself in a different scenario but it doesn't last that long due because sometimes you just have to return to your normal life. Its hard not having a friend but I also have the hope of someday having another true friend either online or in real life. :)

Well I have "friends" one of them is rude to me and the other one I barley see. So I can't really help but I do understand.

I deal with it by having friends. :cool:

No but seriously, I have some friends right now and I'm glad I do. A year ago I didn't really have any friends at school and it sucked. I'm just happy about my position right now. :)

I went a very long time without any friends. Honestly, I managed to make it through elementary school and high school without any friends. Sure, I had people I talked to, but I knew it was just a temporary thing. I knew for a fact I wouldn?t talk to any of these people after graduation. There were times I felt like the fifth wheel, sort of. One time, we had a group project, and they had their little group of four while I was stuck with a different group the teacher assigned to. It was pretty embarrassing. It was even more embarrassing how I was atca table of five with these people before they didn?t let me in their group. I didn?t say anything, but did I really have to? School made me feel really crappy. I felt like an outcast.

Anyway, I do have a best friend. I met her online. I have always found it easier to connect with people online. People can?t judge you by how you look online. I?ve had experiences online with emotionally abusive ex-girlfriends where it wasn?t great, but generally, people were pretty nice online.

I’ve always had at least one good friend in my life. If I didn’t, I wouldn’t be here today.

I basically go around saying I have no friends, and then hate myself cause I do have friends.

But they never talk to me or anything soooo

Back