• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

There's no love for beaches in this game

Cattums

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I really wish they updated it so there are pwp for the beaches. There's so many different types of things that would be so cute on a beach, but it's like they didn't even care. I'm also a little sad that palm trees can only be planted in the sand instead of up to an acre away from the beach. I feel like it takes away some variety you could have done with your town.

Yeah the beaches are so plain :( Although I think the reason that no PWPs were added was because not everybody has a beach with space. For example, my beach is extremely thin and barely even has room for breeding flowers :( I guess I'm just really unlucky. I guess they could have made our beaches wider though, then they could have added more PWPs. Hopefully in the next AC game!

I feel the same but I think you can still place qr patterns and flowers down? :)

I wish they had done more with the beaches too! I'd love it if you could build some unique PwPs there, like beach chairs and parasols, maybe they could code the villagers in such a way that they would be on the beaches more often and use the chairs like they do with the benches in town. Could maybe even add a new building on the beach, like a shack for drinks, similar to the caf? but there would need to be something new that it offers to keep it interesting.

I guess these are something that would more likely be implemented in the next installment rather than just an update for NL, but I agree with you, OP. I'd love to see more beach life in AC.

I believe that they don't added PWP in beach because the player could attempt to use the wet suit and abandom Isabelle in the beach for fun.

Besides the PWP would even clash with Gulliver's being around the beach.

I believe that they don't added PWP in beach because the player could attempt to use the wet suit and abandom Isabelle in the beach for fun.

Besides the PWP would even clash with Gulliver's being around the beach.

At first, I thought that using the shovel to bury Gulliver would be fun but, then I pictured more Gullivers sprouting and suddenly it didn't seem such a grand scheme. Maybe it's good that Nintendo keeps a fairly tight rein on dreamers like me.

They could have made the beaches bigger, and I really don't see the point of having the cliff. It would be amazing if we could decorate the beach a bit. Or even the island!

Yeah beaches are pretty useless sadly :/ I wish they would add something too like you said (like benches etc.) it would be better!

It would be cool with more options on the beach. I've filled mine with corals, which I think looks nice. But it is a pretty barren place still. So, yes please, wider beaches and more stuff to put on them!

I wish they put a little wodden changing room\cabin there for the wet suit ^^

Last edited:
I wish we could put PWPs somewhere there in the next game. For now, I fill them with banana/coconut trees and hybrids.

I wish we could put PWPs somewhere there in the next game. For now, I fill them with banana/coconut trees and hybrids.

Yeah, me too :( And my beach is so thin I can barely fit my hybrids there anyway :'( Not to mention, they no longer grow, so what's the point even? Lol, the beach only exists for Gulliver and the dock. It adds nothing really fun for the game. Boo

Yeah the only way I landscape the beach is with hybrids, palm trees, and qr codes to make a picnic blanket. I wish we could do more in the next game. Maybe it would give me a reason to go down to the beach more

I wish that they would at least let you bridge the gap between the beaches so you don't need a wet suit to go across.

Honestly, I'd never even thought about the idea of beach PWPs. Sounds great though!

Admittedly, I've never done much with my beach in any of my towns. The problem is they don't really have much room to do much with them. I pretty much just go down there for fishing and that's it.

Yeah, me too :( And my beach is so thin I can barely fit my hybrids there anyway :'( Not to mention, they no longer grow, so what's the point even? Lol, the beach only exists for Gulliver and the dock. It adds nothing really fun for the game. Boo

Oh yes, true. If you have, say, 20 or more of every hybrids. I don't think they would all fit there, but they're nice to look at when properly arranged. Lol yeah, plus it's there for you to hide/swim when farming for PWP requests. I also notice that there's a small chance of villager interaction (like changing clothes) when I'm away as far as being idle somewhere along the beach.

They could have made the beaches bigger, and I really don't see the point of having the cliff. It would be amazing if we could decorate the beach a bit. Or even the island!

I really wish it was like the island where the grass just fades into the beach with a tiny decline instead of the ramps, it would be so much nicer and then you could have a house right on the beach which would be SO RAD!

And I agree I wish there were PWP's for the beach like little chairs and stuff or if they made the beaches bigger a little tiki bar or something kind of like the cafe but with smoothies and juices! That would be SOSOSO cute!

I wish they put a little wodden changing room\cabin there for the wet suit ^^

That would be so cool! Imagine if there were summer-only events that involved swimming or riding a boat with other villagers and to participate you'd need to put your wetsuit on and bring snacks from home etc...

it'd be great if there were at least chairs/sunbathing beds. i would add QR codes but it's a waste for me, i only want 2 villagers & their designs are full. i wish they were much larger too & it would be like a mini town where you can buy ice creams & other goods, that would be so cute. being able to decorate the beach with PWPs, flowers & lots of space for paths would be nice

You can still plants tropical fruits and flowers down there to make it nicer

Back