• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Features You Wished Were Included In The Update

Yui

こはい~
Bells
Tasty Cake
Heck, I am eternally grateful yhat this magnificent game got an update to begin with. Now I've clocked in so many hours, since. But as consumers, there's always an urge to have more. I wish they introduced a feature where you can delete multiple letters at a time, rather than tediously deleting them one by one. What's a feature you wished they introduced to the ACNL update?

More pwps or maybe more mini events or more villagers allowed in a town. Basically I want a bigger game.

A way to transfer very large amount of Bells between players.

Seriously, they HAVE to know that players buy villagers and rare items off each other in forums all the time. I once bought Merengue for 80 million bells. 80 MILLIONS! It was a HUUUGE pain to transfer it all! So just... add another terminal in the post office or something to automatically send Bells to visitors in your town. Not hard at all.

I wish they added the ability to pick our own native fruit at the beginning when starting a new town. I also wish they added the ability to grow all perfect fruits and not just the fruit native to your town.

I really just want a live map that shows the location of visitors in your town, maybe even villagers too. You can see your icon on the map, so why not other players? It'd be much easier keeping track of unfamiliar visitors and making sure that they haven't wandered off somewhere they're not allowed. Things can get a little confusing when you have multiple people over.

I do like the idea of deleting multiple letters at once though. Also, being able to delete unread letters. I hate having to open every single one after removing the gift, then deleting them all one by one. Really inconvenient.

I wish they added the ability to pick our own native fruit at the beginning when starting a new town. I also wish they added the ability to grow all perfect fruits and not just the fruit native to your town.

I agree with your second point. I wish we could grow all perfect fruit. My perfect fruits are pears and they look really boring. I do love the randomness of the native fruit trees though. It's like a surprise! But if you could just trade to get all perfect fruit and they'd grow in your town, you wouldn't have to care what the native fruit is anymore :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I wish they added even more storage. At least in the thousands. I've already filled the extra storage :(

I wish the animals were also more interactive with the environment, just like they were in HHD. They had so much more personality in that game.

The ability to put things in the middle. I'm a sucker for symmetry and it's impossible in this game. Why couldn't they implement the half spaces like in HHD? It would completely change how I decorate my house and town.

Being able to put furniture outside. Some of the furniture just seem silly indoors..

Being able to see secondary characters moving about town.

Higher villager cap. I want more than just 10

More villager dialogue! Talking to my animals are so boring now because they just repeat things. All the animals should have unique things to say based off the individual, and not just the personality. And even the special characters like W. Link don't say anything unique to their characters! He's just a regular smug villager.. Very disappointed. Would have been so cool for him or Ganon, etc to have unique dialogue that makes them feel like the actual characters.

A tool box. I hate using mail to carry all my tools.

Being able to stack more items, like (unknown, haven't been examined by Blathers) fossils in a basket (4 per slot), melody paper (4 per slot, like paper), stack of fertilizer, bag of -colour- ores (maybe like 3), candy in a basket, fortune cookie/redd/zipper T. Bunny tickets, ect
being able to move items like in HHD, like being half spaces and being able to walk and use the HHD-Tablet (the little thing your person looks at when they move furniture in HHD),
an option to auto-stack fruit (like when you pick up 2 apples they go in a basket by themselves),
being able to take 1 piece of paper out of a stack like how you can with fruit baskets,
more pattern space (like even 2 or 4 more slots would be amazing! It doesn't have to be 9 pages like in HHD),
a way for people with dirt-paths control where villagers place houses,
rugs,
being able to see what item is in a letter without taking it out (like if I put a shovel in a letter it shows a little shovel in the corner instead of a present),
a way to tell if a painting is real or not after having it examined by Blathers (Like if it hasn't been examined it says "Amazing Painting?", if it's fake and has been examined its name changes to "Counterfeit Amazing Painting", or "Amazing Painting"),
a little "donated" thingy in the bug/fish collection menu so if you catch something another player already donated in your town or if you forgot you can see if you donated it,
a sort button for lockers and storerooms,
a credit card thingy (not the 10% discount one) like in Let's Go To The City that works in Nook's Homes and the final TNT Store,
a locker in the post office for people who use the letter storage to store items,
and a way to move patterns between characters without putting it for display in the design shop.

Last edited:
Automatically stacking items and for more items to stack like fish and bugs. It would make it way easier and more fun to spend time fishing and catching bugs without suddenly being told your bag is full. Maybe this would make the island kind of unbalanced, but as someone who doesn't have access to 3DS wifi at college and can't sell turnips or perfect fruit quickly or easily, it would be nice to not have that restriction.
Maybe allow every item to stack up to three? idk

More tree, bush, and flower variety! More fruits maybe even veggies. As for flowers, I'd love more colors.

i would love outdoor furniture. a lot of the new update items are stuff you would use outside in hhd.... like why would i put a garden umbrella or a corn field inside my house?

Still wishing for that credit card I had in CF. It made buying Gracie furniture so easy. Transferring millions should be easier than doing it 1.7 mil at a time.

I saw someone mention on tumblr the idea of transparency in patterns, that would be SO amazing for blending with the grass, but I know that would be hella hard to implement!

Also as most people have already said more QR space! I only want my mayor in town so I'm forced to use one space patterns for paths (luckily I plan to have mostly natural paths, but I only came to that conclusion because of lack of QR space lolol!)

And finally outdoor furniture, what I wouldn't give to have a cute table and chair setting outside my house!!

i wish they added the ceiling items... a lot tbh. there are some really nice ones that would have been so nice to have.

i also REALLY miss the ability to place items in half increments. you can make things look and function so much better.

a couple new pwps, at least? most of the old ones are kinda stale at this point.

maybe a house plot pwp, that you can build up to 10 of (that don't count towards the 30 minor pwp.) if you have 10 villagers, the next day you'd be asked what villager you want to move into it (that isn't in a pwp plot already.) they'd take a few days to move (in boxes in old house first day, in boxes in new the next, and then back to normal.) no more plot resetting... unless you want them in a specific house plot if there are several free. if you demolish the house plot pwp, it would just unlock that spot again, villager wouldn't be gone.

or a furniture-placing pwp? like a something-x-something area where you could plop furniture down like in the hhd yards. for the floor you could put a floor item down, or patterns, or leave it just ground. being able to place furniture everywhere in town would be... overdoing it haha.

items on top of patterns. because balloons and paths do not mix. 'nuff said.

automatic fruit/bamboo stacking. c'mon, it makes sense.

probably more but i think this reply is long enough as it is

Last edited:
Back