Negative ratings

I've never left a negative rating, partly because I watch strangers in my town like a hawk. I've had several people try to leave my sight on purpose and I turned the wi-fi off on them, but I didn't leave negative ratings because I had no proof of them trying to steal or destroy anything in my town.

I've had issues with unwarranted negative feedback, but never had to give any

also, even if someone did leave negative feedback out of revenge for one you gave, you could just bring it up with the staff to have them remove. don't be afraid of leaving negative feedback if you feel it's warranted. the system exists for a reason, after all

The thing that worries me though is that it could become a he said / she said kind of thing when people leave negative ratings for each other. Whose story would the staff believe? I suppose I'd feel less nervous about it now if it were my 280+ wi-fi rating against a newer user without much history on this site, but for newer users visiting or trading, I can see how this could get messy.

Last edited:
if you think any rating is unfair you can ask the staff, they're pretty forgiving if you have a good reason. so there's no reason why you should be scared of giving negative ratings, since if they did do something bad or they were rude or whatever, negative ratings are justified. just keep tabs on what they did wrong and remember to have evidence and you should be fine.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i've never given negative ratings tho, no reason to. everyone's been nice so.

Here's a free tip for you all:

When you're curious about whether a user is safe to trade with or not (this works for pretty much any game on any console), just Google their ID or friend code. See any suspicious threads? You get to know about it before you go ahead with anything.

I have never recieved or given negative feedback (except for Resetti, still pretty ticked he took away 500 TBT). I feel bad that some people like my friend Petey Piranha got negative ratings they didn't deserve. :(
Huh, what did you do to get 500tbt taken away? : s

- - - Post Merge - - -

I try to avoid negative ratings. If I am late to a trade, I compensate. If I can't trade, I compensate.
Yeah, I always slash the price or offer hybrids if I make any mistakes.

Yeah, I've given an negative rating before, but never received one. Long story short the person who was holding my villagers never got in contact after they collected them and apparently completely forgot.

My most negative experience still only deserved a neutral rating, despite preventing others from leaving the town. Looks like they've received a negative rating from someone since then, lol.

I've given Resetti a negative rating on here since it doesn't seem to matter with those NPC accounts.

O: but Resetti can't report it to the admins! You're taking advantage of Resetti not having a report button! ;_;

I've never given any negative reviews, and honestly, I hope I don't really have to, though compared to other users I find that I care a little less and as long as no one deliberately tries to ruin things, I'm okay.

Also, what do you guys mean by Resseti the NPC account, and he can take bells?

I've never given any negative reviews, and honestly, I hope I don't really have to, though compared to other users I find that I care a little less and as long as no one deliberately tries to ruin things, I'm okay.

Also, what do you guys mean by Resseti the NPC account, and he can take bells?

I dunno anything about the Resetti-bot, but based off my 0% knowledge of it, I think the staff give all the bells people earned from spamming/illegal stuff to him kinda like a 'This is how many bells we took away from rule-breakers' counter :0

I've given a negative rating once and I don't think I'd do it again. Luckily they made the right choice and not give me a revenge rating. The rest are positive.
I'd never give a neutral rating, unless the person is snarky or rude.

In spite of getting banned from the ACNL Reddit community for inactivity following a couple of mistakes (and for the sake of my own dwindling sanity I am *never* going back there), I have never received a negative rating here and I have also had smooth experiences at GameFAQs as well.

There however was a time when I came close to giving someone a negative rating for being a no-show for a trade though - and they kept on being active no matter how many times I told them - but I just waited and gave up in the end with no rating at all.

Still, I handle things as calmly as I can in this forum and as politely as they come. And I am also so thankful that unlike the Reddit community, there's no such blacklist and that everyone deserves a shot :)

Well this supposedly "nice" person gave a revenge rating to someone and I stopped liking them. To the 2 people who gave them a negative, they immediately went to give them a revenge rating. Smh.

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever had an issue with having to leave a negative rating but I can definitely imaging it being really frustrating for both parties by the end of it.

Someone gave me a negative rating due to their own confusion over a trade. They kept insisting that what I gave them was not what we agreed upon. Months later they contacted me apologizing and explained that they had gotten confused about the details and that they would take down the negative rating. They never did.

Another time, someone ordered stuff from me and I told them it'd take me a bit to gather the items. They proceeded to rush me and kept making rude comments in the thread so I told them that if they could not be patient then they should order elsewhere. They then left me a review with a snarky comment attached. Turns out they had scammed several people before, so I'm actually glad that they were rude, as a result I never did their order. I probably would have been scammed by them too if I did.

I've never left one, I've come close to having to leave one for a trade but after LENGTHY discussion with the party involved I decided against it. I wouldn't leave negative feedback unless they just didn't pay for something or didn't give the proper stuff, but I would let them know first to see if they'd like to rectify the problem before having to post the negative review.

Someone gave me a negative rating due to their own confusion over a trade. They kept insisting that what I gave them was not what we agreed upon. Months later they contacted me apologizing and explained that they had gotten confused about the details and that they would take down the negative rating. They never did.

Another time, someone ordered stuff from me and I told them it'd take me a bit to gather the items. They proceeded to rush me and kept making rude comments in the thread so I told them that if they could not be patient then they should order elsewhere. They then left me a review with a snarky comment attached. Turns out they had scammed several people before, so I'm actually glad that they were rude, as a result I never did their order. I probably would have been scammed by them too if I did.

Sorry that happened to you. :(

Back