Blue Moon Jellyfish
Green Moon Jellyfish
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Bee Plush
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
Have you ever left a negative rating on someone's profile? Luckily I've never experienced anything truly negative. I've had some strange encounters, but nothing terrible enough to merit a negative review. What have your experiences been when leaving negative ratings. Are "revenge ratings" really common? I think I would never leave a negative comment for fear of this. Tell me your strange or bad encounters (no names please!) with leaving negative feedback.

I've had issues with unwarranted negative feedback, but never had to give any

also, even if someone did leave negative feedback out of revenge for one you gave, you could just bring it up with the staff to have them remove. don't be afraid of leaving negative feedback if you feel it's warranted. the system exists for a reason, after all

Last edited:
My most negative experience still only deserved a neutral rating, despite preventing others from leaving the town. Looks like they've received a negative rating from someone since then, lol.

I've given Resetti a negative rating on here since it doesn't seem to matter with those NPC accounts.

i havent recieved a negative rating and i hope to never get one... those revenge negative ratings are annoying as heck.

I received one. Because this person won my giveaway, and no matter how many times I tried to get them their prize, we couldn't make it work. So, they got mad and left me a bad rating. I got mad too, though they probably don't know I was mad about it. I didn't leave any revenge rating, but I certainly think they were being a little unfair. I continuously tried to connect to them and contact them, but it never worked out, and they quit on me before I quit on them. >> Rude.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wait, speaking of ratings, wasn't there supposed to be a wifi rating on our side bars??? WHERE'D IT GOOOO!!!???

I've never given one. The worst I've had could be called 'neutral' plus, I'm scared of revenge ratings.

I received one. Because this person won my giveaway, and no matter how many times I tried to get them their prize, we couldn't make it work. So, they got mad and left me a bad rating. I got mad too, though they probably don't know I was mad about it. I didn't leave any revenge rating, but I certainly think they were being a little unfair. I continuously tried to connect to them and contact them, but it never worked out, and they quit on me before I quit on them. >> Rude.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wait, speaking of ratings, wasn't there supposed to be a wifi rating on our side bars??? WHERE'D IT GOOOO!!!???

it appears on boards for threads that involve trading/wifi connections. so uh.. it'd appear in tbt marketplace, retail, etc

I personally haven't given a negative rating on here yet and I hope it stays that way. You should not hesitate to give out negative ratings because of revenge ratings. If you get one, report it to the staff and they'll remove it. I generally don't wifi with anyone who has negative ratings (I make exceptions depending on the situation obviously) and I'll keep a close eye if I'm trading with someone with no ratings.

I've had a couple of bad experiences on tumblr where people stole my hybrids and tried to play dumb. Whenever someone does something very fishy, people on tumblr will make posts about it to warn other members of the community. The same should apply here via feedback. If someone gives you trouble, give them a neutral or negative rating. If it goes unreported, chances are very likely the person will pull it off again to someone else.

It's interesting to see what things people can get banned for on Reddit's ACNL community. Let use hope none of those bad apples flock over here.

I personally do trades with one person at a time. I usually ask for their town and mayor name in case anything bad happens. Remember to delete FCs after every trade. This will greatly reduce the chances of people coming into your town. It's a bit of a pain but I'd rather have peace of mind. It should be common sense to respect other people's towns but not everyone has that level of awareness. :(

Last year I was given a negative rating because some troll was going about and giving them for no apparent reason.

Other than that, I have received a neutral rating before because I was slightly unprepaired for a trade when I first joined here. I have never gave a negative or neutral rating to anyone and I hope it stays that way!

Both Murray and I received a negative rating from a member shortly after we joined the staff. I guess they weren't happy about us having closed their threads. -_-

You should not hesitate to give out negative ratings because of revenge ratings. If you get one, report it to the staff and they'll remove it.

This exactly. The staff will always look into and remedy any situation where an undeserved negative rating is left out of anger or revenge, so please don't be afraid to use the system! We always recommend that people leave feedback in the event that they have a bad (or good!) experience with another user, as this helps others to have a better idea of what to expect when they trade with someone and can help to prevent issues down the road.

I personally do trades with one person at a time. I usually ask for their town and mayor name in case anything bad happens. Remember to delete FCs after every trade. This will greatly reduce the chances of people coming into your town. It's a bit of a pain but I'd rather have peace of mind. It should be common sense to respect other people's towns but not everyone has that level of awareness. :(

Yeah, do all of this. And if you leave someone a negative rating for something perfectly legitimate and the person leaves you retaliatory feedback out of spite, contact us and we gotchu.

I have never recieved or given negative feedback (except for Resetti, still pretty ticked he took away 500 TBT). I feel bad that some people like my friend Petey Piranha got negative ratings they didn't deserve. :(

What I fear is when I'm following someone to adopt a villager and I accidentally lose track of them, that they think I left on purpose to steal stuff and then give me negative feedback. That hasnt happened yet though but I get super nervous when following someone. They go so fast sometimes. X_x

What I fear is when I'm following someone to adopt a villager and I accidentally lose track of them, that they think I left on purpose to steal stuff and then give me negative feedback. That hasnt happened yet though but I get super nervous when following someone. They go so fast sometimes. X_x

If you ever lose track of someone when visiting their town, I'd recommend to stop moving and send them a message. Something like "I think I lost you! I'm over by ____, can you come get me?" I'd hope most people would be reasonable about something like this - we don't know their towns as well as they do, after all!

I try to avoid negative ratings. If I am late to a trade, I compensate. If I can't trade, I compensate.

I haven't ever given one, but there was one situation where I should have. I did a giveaway when I reset my town, basically put everything I owned into a sort of easter egg hunt and let anyone who wanted come in for five minutes. One guy was super rude about the items, refused to leave when I told him he had to go (his time was up before other peoples' so I didn't want to boot everybody) and tore up the flowers that I'd asked everyone to leave alone in case someone wanted to take them home. I wish I'd given him a negative but at the time I was a new user and didn't really get how it worked.

Ive given two so far, one was because someone stole hybrid flowers from my town and wouldnt return them, and the other one I cant remember.
Never hesitate to leave feedback, especially if its negative and with a good reason. You're helping keep other members safe that way :)

My most negative experience still only deserved a neutral rating, despite preventing others from leaving the town. Looks like they've received a negative rating from someone since then, lol.

I've given Resetti a negative rating on here since it doesn't seem to matter with those NPC accounts.
Moles have feelings too.

I gave a neutral rating once, because the person who I was buying something from took days on end to complete our trade. She'd start talking to me to plan details of the trade, then disappear, send a message a day later, etc, for several days. Never once apologized for taking so long/dragging things out. We eventually did trade, but the fact that she dragged things on for ages after making me wait (and having my tbt, since I paid expecting to go to her town), so I left her a neutral.

Back