• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Negative ratings

I'm still new, so I haven't had to. I think the only thing that would bring me to leaving a negative review is someone being rude, ignoring my rules, or destroying/stealing things in my village. I hope I'll never have to experience that, though.

I've never left a negative or even neutral rating. Everyone I've worked with one the forum has been wonderful. I hope I never have a bad encounter. It would take actually stealing/trampling my flowers/not making good on a trade to give a negative rating

I have gotten 2 negative ratings...

The first one was when I was new to forum, and some sort of missunderstanding occured regarding some villager

The secound one I got for no reason at all from some guy I had pretty much never seen before, but he had mistaken me for someone els and removed the rating.

So yeah, I'm forever stuck at 99% ŕating :(

The first one was when I was new to forum, and some sort of missunderstanding occured regarding some villager

The secound one I got for no reason at all from some guy I had pretty much never seen before, but he had mistaken me for someone els and removed the rating.

I feel you :( I haven't got one yet, but I once got pretty darn close. I was new to the forum and stupidly signed up to trade just before I went on holiday, to a place with no wifi. This poor person kept contacting me and contacting me, luckily I found out there was wifi in the house and the trade was sorted.

Last edited:
i left one once!! only because they trampled over some flowers when i told them not to and still did even though they said it was an accident the first time. this was wayyy back though

I had to hold myself back from giving a negative rating because someone was running back and forth from my campsite (I was giving away free RV visits). They destroyed a few hybrids in the process and a few items, admittedly that I hadn't put away into my pockets, went missing. Eventually I didn't give them a rating at all and since then I've had the worst luck growing hybrids T_T but I'm terrified of confrontation so I try not to give negative ratings where I can.

I had to hold myself back from giving a negative rating because someone was running back and forth from my campsite (I was giving away free RV visits). They destroyed a few hybrids in the process and a few items, admittedly that I hadn't put away into my pockets, went missing. Eventually I didn't give them a rating at all and since then I've had the worst luck growing hybrids T_T but I'm terrified of confrontation so I try not to give negative ratings where I can.

You totally should've I think. It would warn others not to trade with them. That's such awful behaviour :( Sorry you had to experience that.

I think I recall seeing someone once who had a negative feedback but still had a 100% wi-fi rating. I think if you have enough positive feedback, then your rating will round up to 100. So if you manage to get to 200 positive feedback, then it could round up. I'd like to have someone test it on my account by temporarily leaving a test negative feedback and then change it since I'm close to 300, but I don't think that's allowed.

Last edited:
imo if you have a negative experience with someone you should always do it just to warn other players to beware. if anyone does me wrong i'll give them a negative rating in a heart beat. so far everyone has been super kind to me :)

Some people can abuse the rating system and give a negative rating, even if they never interacted with each other. The negative rating on my page is such an example.

Last edited:
Some people can abuse the rating system and give a negative rating, even if they never interacted with each other. The negative rating on my page is such an example.

you should tell a mod about that. they'll probably remove it since it looks like a revenge rating & it's just insulting.

Just checked your ratings.. WTF you should report that rating and have it removed :/

I notified the mods about it yesterday. And when I logged in today, the rating was still there. I was so infuriated, that I returned the favor on this certain individual. The only difference is that the rating I sent actually holds water.

I notified the mods about it yesterday. And when I logged in today, the rating was still there. I was so infuriated, that I returned the favor on this certain individual. The only difference is that the rating I sent actually holds water.

What the heck even happened? I hope the mods can get that removed for you. You do not deserve that to be there. I'm pretty infuriated on your behalf as well.

I have received one when it really should have been neutral and I gave one which looking back should have been neutral or just not given one. Other then those if you look through all my ratings and comments I am in good standing, a fair and generous trader because I believe what you put out you will get it back in some way. Also when I first started out I had a lot of help so now that I am in that position where I can help I usually do.

There is a guide line for negative ratings, we are supposed to give negative ratings when the person doesn't pay, steals, damages your town or uses a really abusing language I think. Not for taking long time, not replying, cancelling the trade or silly stuff like that. So no, I've have never given a bad rating, I was tempted once when a little one came to my town and started running everywhere but I preferred to kick him out instead and gave him a warning, it was okay after that.

I almost got a negative rating in two occasions. Once I was following the host quietly as usual but the game froze and you know what it looks like, the character stops and then is suddenly a mile away (not that much...) a split of second later and it gave the impression to my host that I was running :'( I wasn't....I swear!

The other time I was selling things in another town and my pocket was full so I let bags of money on the ground and made place, when the host saved I quickly picked up my money bag left on the ground that I was forgetting and the host thought I had stolen his peaches! I asked him to count his peaches and see if there were some missing, I knew I didn't take any though, even offering him to give him 3 baskets of perfect peaches if he wasn't believing me...He finally let it go, but I'm sure he still think I stole his peaches. OTL

I felt quite bad about it, I was behaving as always and was wrongly accused of acts I didn't do. Well I got a neutral rating but it let a bitter taste in my mouth. Although it just a game, I shouldn't care that much about it.

There is a guide line for negative ratings, we are supposed to give negative ratings when the person doesn't pay, steals, damages your town or uses a really abusing language I think. Not for taking long time, not replying, cancelling the trade or silly stuff like that. So no, I've have never given a bad rating, I was tempted once when a little one came to my town and started running everywhere but I preferred to kick him out instead and gave him a warning, it was okay after that.

I almost got a negative rating in two occasions. Once I was following the host quietly as usual but the game froze and you know what it looks like, the character stops and then is suddenly a mile away (not that much...) a split of second later and it gave the impression to my host that I was running :'( I wasn't....I swear!

The other time I was selling things in another town and my pocket was full so I let bags of money on the ground and made place, when the host saved I quickly picked up my money bag left on the ground that I was forgetting and the host thought I had stolen his peaches! I asked him to count his peaches and see if there were some missing, I knew I didn't take any though, even offering him to give him 3 baskets of perfect peaches if he wasn't believing me...He finally let it go, but I'm sure he still think I stole his peaches. OTL

I felt quite bad about it, I was behaving as always and was wrongly accused of acts I didn't do. Well I got a neutral rating but it let a bitter taste in my mouth. Although it just a game, I shouldn't care that much about it.

For this reason, I get nervous that the user will somehow think I'm doing something bad in their town. On my way to pick up items or villagers, sometimes I get lost because the host moves too fast so I panic and hope to god they don't think I'm stealing anything. ;w; I would be so sad to get a negative rating for something I didn't do.

i once did.
i was trading like a lot bells for full gold set, only full gold set.
i payed all the bells.
i had to go, so i left.
when i came back, i had a negative rating saying: took to long, so i have decided to cancel the trade
it was removed, but it was there for a long time ;V

i also recieved another false one when someone was mad that i accidantly ran and broke a hybrid, and that has not been removed D:

Last edited:
I have never givin nor received negative feedback. The only things that have happened to me was when people would set up trades with me but never contact me so we can actually trade. It still makes me mad. No offense Resetti, but I wasn't very happy when you took like 50 bells away from me :-:

Back