• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Birthday gift help?

Indiglow

Bells
Silver Mailbox
'ullo! the 16th is Ursala's birthday and I cannot find any info on her preferences, anyone here have any leads?

Wait a minute...villagers have preferences to what gifts they receive?? I did not know this!! Are there any benefits to giving them the correct/preferred gifts?? Do you get anything special in return?

I'm still fairly new to the game, almost coming up on a year that I've been playing, and there still seems to be little things here and there that come up that I never knew before. Very interesting!

Wait a minute...villagers have preferences to what gifts they receive?? I did not know this!! Are there any benefits to giving them the correct/preferred gifts?? Do you get anything special in return?

I'm still fairly new to the game, almost coming up on a year that I've been playing, and there still seems to be little things here and there that come up that I never knew before. Very interesting!

Yes, they do! They'll like things more the closer they are to what they prefer.

They don't give you anything special in return right away (or maybe I'm just forgetting) but it boosts your friendship with them, so you're also more likely to get nicer stuff from them.

Here's a pre-amiibo list of villagers and what they like: http://www.thonky.com/animal-crossing-new-leaf/villager-birthdays

They don't give you anything special in return right away (or maybe I'm just forgetting) but it boosts your friendship with them, so you're also more likely to get nicer stuff from them.

They do send a thank you gift in the mail but they do that regardless of if they loved it or not. I think they have a chance of sending you their pic if they really liked it but that might just be coincidental with friendship levels.

I'm trying to be creative when I buy presents. Using ebay and such more like Sweet Buy Outs. If money is no issue, I would suggest something like a charm bracelet a pandora or similar. I've got one for my gf for Christmas last year and she wears it all the time and its sentimental as every different charm has a different story

...They're talking about getting a present for a virtual animal crossing character haha! It would be fun if they did order their villager a gift off ebay tho. Maybe net shopping should be a feature in the next game huh!

I usually give the animals clothes in their fav style, and depending on the circumstance, they'll put it on right away. They seem to really like clothes.

If you don't give a villager a gift they like they might make a nasty face/comment :(

Hummm
If I gift an item that the villager does not like , do they start disliking me?
I always just gift them something I think will look nice in their house (of coarse it?s my preference so they might not like it).

Last edited:
Back