Old Eggs
Switch
0005-0805-2723
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Celeste Chick Plush
Pink Star Fragment
Mom's Plush
Sheep Plush
I almost had a heart attack just now when I started up ACNL and Isabelle said hello and that it was 12:00AM January 1st 2012.

I was sort of not paying full attention and I almost started up the game.... which would have been disastrous to say the least and involve lots of time travel for weeks and weeks to get back to the correct date without damaging my town.

I just have no idea how that could have happened? It is such a specific time/date that it makes me think I hit some kind of reset function by accident somewhere, but I have no idea how. It freaks me out.

Fortunately I force quit the game and went into settings and fixed the date on my 3DS to the correct one, and everything seems to be normal so far. At this stage if I lost my town's progress I think there would be many tears.

Last edited:
I almost had a heart attack just now when I started up ACNL and Isabelle said hello and that it was 12:00AM January 1st 2012.

I was sort of not paying full attention and I almost started up the game.... which would have been disastrous to say the least and involve lots of time travel for weeks and weeks to get back to the correct date without damaging my town.

I just have no idea how that could have happened? It is such a specific time/date that it makes me think I hit some kind of reset function by accident somewhere, but I have no idea how. It freaks me out.

Fortunately I force quit the game and went into settings and fixed the date on my 3DS to the correct one, and everything seems to be normal so far. At this stage if I lost my town's progress I think there would be many tears.

My memory is really lousy so I can't recall specifics but I do remember others having this weirdness in the not too distant past.

Yeah, this has happened to me. From reading online, it's a battery issue. If the battery is fully dead off for over 10 seconds, the date resets itself to the default... January 1st, 2012

Mine resolved itself, only fix it if this happens constantly. It's NBD if it happens a few times, you probably just need to charge it more.
You can take off the backplate and put a piece of paper over it make sure the battery doesn't get loose or if you have serious issues, buy a replacement battery and swap it out. I
t's really easy. The battery is the first thing you see after you unscrew the cover so it's super easy.

For the o3ds you need a 0 or 00 phillips head screwdriver, I think I used a 0. Idk about the other models. Photos of the thing here. Just the first step on battery cover. Don't go any further.
http://www.ign.com/wikis/nintendo-3ds/3DS_XL_Shell_Swapping

Again, I wouldn't bother changing the battery unless it's a frequent issue or your battery dies a lot and charges weakly. Also Check your warranty to make sure you don't void it.
All the data is in the SD card so battery issues won't damage anything.

Yeah, this has happened to me. From reading online, it's a battery issue. If the battery is fully dead off for over 10 seconds, the date resets itself to the default... January 1st, 2012

Mine resolved itself, only fix it if this happens constantly. It's NBD if it happens a few times, you probably just need to charge it more.
You can take off the backplate and put a piece of paper over it make sure the battery doesn't get loose or if you have serious issues, buy a replacement battery and swap it out. I
t's really easy. The battery is the first thing you see after you unscrew the cover so it's super easy.

For the o3ds you need a 0 or 00 phillips head screwdriver, I think I used a 0. Idk about the other models. Photos of the thing here. Just the first step on battery cover. Don't go any further.
http://www.ign.com/wikis/nintendo-3ds/3DS_XL_Shell_Swapping

Again, I wouldn't bother changing the battery unless it's a frequent issue or your battery dies a lot and charges weakly. Also Check your warranty to make sure you don't void it.
All the data is in the SD card so battery issues won't damage anything.

Thank you for this really helpful response!!

It's a new 3DS (bought in October) and the battery wasn't low. The only thing I can think of is it was jostled in my bag and the battery came loose for a moment. It's good to know the data doesn't get impacted by this sort of thing. Fortunately I am a compulsive saver so I would not likely lose game data from this issue.

I had this issue way back a few years ago with my 3DS. Basically the battery was loose and if you hit it in a specific spot on the back, it would remove the battery form the circuit and shut the system off. I unscrewed the back and removed it and put it in again, and it temporarily fixed the issue, but after a few days it would loosen again and repeat. I ended up sending it to Nintendo to get fixed since it was still in warranty, and they ended up sending me a new 3DS because I guess they couldn't fix it, but since then I've seen a lot more people with this issue and I've read that apparently placing a small piece of folded paper next to the battery helps secure it and stops moving it around, but I've not tried that.

I guess just try tapping it on the back when on the home screen and see if it turns the system off, and then if it does try fiddle with a piece of paper in the battery pack, or send it in for repairs.

oops ninja'd

Back