• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Too late?

Videoguy612

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I LOVE the new amiibo update and ALL of the 50 villagers they brought back I WANT MORE! Unfortunately, I feel like Nintendo released this update a little too late, because I'm not enjoying Animal Crossing New Leaf as much as I did in.... 2013-14! I am sad because I really want to enjoy it, especially with the new returning villagers which I love that they are back, but it just seems to be boring me now. I am kind of rambling, does anyone else feel this way?

Fortunately I don't feel that way. This update really revived my love for this game.

This update got me to start playing again.
It's impressive to me that they released an update after such a long time. I'm really pleased.

Fortunately I don't feel that way. This update really revived my love for this game.

Same.

I feel like there's more reasons to love New Leaf now. They simply gave you even more to do. If you're worried about expense, you don't even have to buy amiibo cards if you don't want to. There's plenty of people here who will trade with you and let you come to their town to order things from RVs.

Like many others that posted here, it definitely revived my interest in the game.

Perhaps trying to seek out some of the new items will help? I'm sorry that you're having a hard time enjoying it and getting back into the game, though.

For lots of people the game came back to life with the new update. Maybe if make new goals in the game or restart.

It's up to you considering it can be just a personal feeling.

Maybe starting over or creating a 2nd town would help bring life back into the game for you?
I have a 2nd/3rd card.. one is a cycle/bell boom town, and the other is a 2nd time to customize/enjoy.
I'm not sure if that would help or not, but sometimes starting fresh (made even easier now with keeping your catalog and getting a stash of bells, on the same card) can be fun.

I like it a lot! Especially since I played in 2015 and just restarted my town :>

I think it was actually really smart of Nintendo to release an update for an old and dying game for free. It promoted the amiibo cards which are now making them a lot of money, and they didn't even have to develop a new game. Great marketing, in my opinion. Unlike games like SimCity etc, that charge a crazy amount for every add on and it feels like a cash grab. The Welcome amiibo update is also a cash grab, but it's a great one. I don't feel like I'm being taken advantage of. That's what's so amazing about this update! ^_^ I suggest just redoing all your interiors to include all the wonderful new items! That alone is incredibly fun for me, and like what others have said, you don't even need to purchase anything in real life! So many people here provide RV visits, etc. :)

Honestly it revived my interest. I've been playing every day for 3 years now, on the same town, and it was getting a bit stale. But the update made me more intested, wanted to join tbt, and made me finally want to tackle getting my wishlist and catalog filled. It was smart of them to update the game and release amiibo cards. It made me want to go a different route with my town and making me feel excited again ^^

The update gave me another reason to not care about Happy Home Designer.
Even the giant items from that game doesn't give me a reason to even buy it.

I think that for most people, it's revived their interested. I didn't completely lose interest but I didn't play the game as much last year.

I've been playing the game pretty much daily as its release, but the update certainly renewed my interest in playing. So much, in fact, that it convinced me to buy a fourth copy, lol.

I agree with people saying it was nice of them to put out a free update of this dimension so long after the game was released. Plus it was a good way to give the fans something until (presumably) AC Switch in late 2017 or 2018.

I had just started to get a little tired of the game in 2016, so for me the update was perfectly timed!

Back