• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's the best way to track bug/fish/deep sea creatures availability?

trafalgar

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Cake
I have a bullet journal and made a goal of myself to complete my museum this time. I want to keep track of bugs and fishes as I'm aware they have limited availability throughout the year. What do you think is the best way to do it?

To track it by month or by season or what? To have all fishes in one place and then bugs and so on, or have everything (all bugs, fishes, etc) under the same month? I'm at a loss on what's the best way to do this!

Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

Doing the same and pretty far in already after starting to fill the Museum around 4 months ago without time travel. Track by month for sure!

IGN has decent lists of collectibles by month, but usually I double check each month with the AC Wikia.

Lastly, don't ask me for specifics but I know you can get a couple of Summer fish and bugs by catching them on select island tours that offer the fishing rod or bug net as an extra tool. But if you're starting in Winter you'll probably have to go through Summer anyway so you may as well not bother with these now.

Last edited:
It's probably best to do it by month so you're not time travelling back and forth all the time. If I recall correctly, you can catch all of the fish and bugs in only 4 months. I think they're January, March, August, and September, but I'm not exactly sure if those cover every single one.

Someone recommended a phone application called "Guide for ACNL" (or something similar) in a thread not too long ago. I downloaded it recently and it does just what you're looking for, there is a list of bugs, fish, and sea creatures per month, but also a list for what's available now in the current month. It has other cool tracking lists too, but I think the catch lists are definitely the most useful, and really the main reason I downloaded it myself. I'd recommend it!

Back