Biggest Disappointment with the Sanrio Cards

*jaw drops* $60?!? That's crazy. I'm actually just Meh about the whole Sanrio cards (not that they aren't ADORABLE but my towns never been that sort of pastel cute theme not my thing.) That's hard core though $60. I'm not sure if I should say that's amazing dedication or run in fear. For me that's money for a new different game not cards for some villagers lol.
I agree though. Why are they not released in the US. It seems like that's been happening a lot with things lately.

Last edited:
But any hopes they're going to be released in the States? It's ridiculous just how Nintendo hates American fans, that sucks and it's unfair >_> I mean, we want cool stuff too!

60 bucks! Wow! I bought mine for about 4 pounds from the Nintendo uk store which for me was about $10 NZ. Luckily I have a relative in the uk that was able to send them on to me cause otherwise I wouldn't have even been able to receive them. Wow though, 60 bucks is a lot of money haha, especially for some cards.

Holy wock. $60 for the full set? Rip off.
I got mine via japan service (j-subculture).
I bid to get the whole set + sticker set for $20 shipped. It's more worthwhile to get it in yahoo auction, since it's really cheap. Also, check through the trade cards on the forum!
People are willing to trade the cards. I'm planning to trade my extra Sanrio Cards soon.

Last edited:
I got my card set for $30 and was accidentally sent 2 sets, so I mean I paid $15 per set. XD I do wish you could get the hat, it'd be extra cute for like an Alice theme'd town or something. But I am so looking forward to getting all the furniture! going to put so much of it in my cute little house! =DDDDD

I paid $34 for my cards. Sure, it was a lot, but I was desperate to have them. I must say it was a worthwhile purchase though. The villagers and furniture are so cute!

i don't understand why they'd not release them in NA? like imo uk isn't really familiar with any of these sanrio characters except hello kitty. bought mine at game online for like ?6 which is a lot more reasonable than $30-$60??????

We do usually miss out on all the best stuff, it's unusual for us to get something decent and NA not.
As for not being familiar with Sanrio, have to disagree. Half the kids I work with grew up on them (girls at least) and knew a lot more about those characters even before I took notice

Last edited:
My biggest disappointment is that the Kiki and Lala set can't really fill up a whole room. There's the couch, bed, clock, table, and cloud making machine, but no matching lamp or closet. It's even harder if you're making a living room and won't be using the bed. I used the cloud making machine as the washing machine in my bathroom/laundry room though! It fits quite nicely with the mermaid/ice furniture :)

Also, $60 or $30 for the whole set??? I paid $20 for just Etoile! Wish I could've gotten the deals you guys did :/

I'm even more disappointed with those cards since i've preordered them from GAME.uk and then my shipment got lost, so i never received it. Then contacted with GAME and they told me they don't have more to replace my lost shipment and just gave me a refund. .... The thing is i just cant get those famous Sanrio cards myself (x_X) No talking about getting them on sites like Amazon, they're stupid expensive!

This happened to me as well, I preordered them from GAME and they never came. I was so angry. I was waiting for Chai to live next door to Tia in my town.

omg no? $60 is way more than the game itself costs.

60 dollars is an outrageous price for DLC or a few cards

If nintendo was smart (and jerks) if they didnt make enough supply of cards to fill the demand, they should've let you buy an item pack that puts all the sanrio items in your catalogue for like $3. would've made bank instead of the scalpers getting all the money.

then again im glad theres no in game paid DLC like that.

My biggest disappointment is that the Kiki and Lala set can't really fill up a whole room. There's the couch, bed, clock, table, and cloud making machine, but no matching lamp or closet. It's even harder if you're making a living room and won't be using the bed. I used the cloud making machine as the washing machine in my bathroom/laundry room though! It fits quite nicely with the mermaid/ice furniture :)

Also, $60 or $30 for the whole set??? I paid $20 for just Etoile! Wish I could've gotten the deals you guys did :/

OH Wow no way I'd pay 20 bucks just for one card </3 sorry that happened to you. I have a full set with the stickers coming for 34 something >~<

This happened to me as well, I preordered them from GAME and they never came. I was so angry. I was waiting for Chai to live next door to Tia in my town.

That sucks! Seems like they're kind of scammers then? ... I just hate them now! Same story with so many people already that i don't trust them anymore!

Back