• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Biggest Disappointment with the Sanrio Cards

Baroque

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
You CAN'T buy Chai's coffee-cup's hat?! What the hell!! That was what I was looking forward to buying and wearing the most!! XD

I guess the actual hat from her RV is fine too, but... a coffee cup on your head! I want that! WHY WOULD YOU BETRAY ME LIKE THIS, NINTENDO!!!!!

Last edited:
Me too! Like, why not have it as something we can wear? SHE's wearing, clearly the data for it already exists!

At least her set is really nice...

The separate data probably doesn't exist. Meaning it's probably built onto the character model, so there would be no way for you as the villager to get it unless they made it again as a separate hat/accessory model.

But did they think no one would be interested in wearing that coffee cup? (That's a quote...) Or did they really want it to be exclusively Chai's thing? Are there any other villagers that have really cool aspects that can't be worn by you in any way? XD

Biggest disappointment? That the cards are so effing difficult to get. Difficult and expensive.

A mere 60 bucks is a small sacrifice to get those cool sets, they replaced 80% of my house, now...

60 bucks would've been even more worth it if I could purchase Chai's cup-hat!!

A quick glance over on ebay shows that there are a lot of sets sold for much less than what I paid, actually. I'd give it a shot, if I were you!

Last edited:
I bought mines around 40 bucks on eBay :(

If only they were available in North America, then again it might not make a difference either.

Last edited:
Were there plans to release them in NA, though? I feel like even people who aren't familiar with the hello Kitty family would be interested in buying them...

I'm even more disappointed with those cards since i've preordered them from GAME.uk and then my shipment got lost, so i never received it. Then contacted with GAME and they told me they don't have more to replace my lost shipment and just gave me a refund. .... The thing is i just cant get those famous Sanrio cards myself (x_X) No talking about getting them on sites like Amazon, they're stupid expensive!

Last edited:
It was sold out almost immediately when it got released. So I ended up buying the Japanese version instead. But I do agree I wanted Chai's hat xD

A mere 60 bucks is a small sacrifice to get those cool sets, they replaced 80% of my house, now...

60 bucks would've been even more worth it if I could purchase Chai's cup-hat!!

A quick glance over on ebay shows that there are a lot of sets sold for much less than what I paid, actually. I'd give it a shot, if I were you!

omg no? $60 is way more than the game itself costs.

60 dollars is an outrageous price for DLC or a few cards

I caved and ordered a set for 35.. with stickers put on my card binder. Their going up in price =w=

I got mine for 10 dollars on ebay, but they are the imported japanese cards, not the english ones. Why does japan get all the cool villagers? They have Felyne Japanese-only too...

i don't understand why they'd not release them in NA? like imo uk isn't really familiar with any of these sanrio characters except hello kitty. bought mine at game online for like ?6 which is a lot more reasonable than $30-$60??????

Last edited:
I'm disappointed that they weren't released in the US so we had to pay a ridiculously high amount compared to everyone else just so we could get them. Waaaaah.

Back